What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Why would it be complex?
The missile is communicating with the mothership using a transmit/receive module using encrypted codes with specific identifiers, as long as the received codes (instructions) are validated by the onboard computer to be legit regardless of who the sender is, it should work. As an over-simplified example, its like a remote control unit with multiple transmitters (JF17 and AWACS) but only one receiver (missile) all working on a specific frequency only in this case the frequency is replaced by encrypted code unique identifiers like a password. Or am I missing something?
Quite a bit - frequencies are only 1/8th of the problem. You are looking at ensuring robust links capable of operating in a high EW environment, with environmental natural and unnatural interference along with both transmitter, receiver and target all moving and with their signal returns changing in RSSI constantly along with other issues.

The launched missile already receives communications (mid-course updates) from the launching aircraft despite all the challenges you mentioned (launch aircraft, missile and target manoeuvring and heavy EW environment) until it itself goes pitbull.

My question is why is it impossible for the missile to get the same communication from an AEWACS aircraft if the AWACS (with more powerful transmitter, relatively low speed and almost no manoeuvring) uses the same protocols for communication as the launch aircraft.

I am not an expert but I believe the missile knows where it is because of the onboard GPS system, the launch aircraft probably only communicates the coordiantes and velocity of the target aircraft, the same can be done by the AEWACS as the coordiantes of the target would still be the same regardless of the position of the observer (launch aircraft or the AWACS).

Quite a bit - frequencies are only 1/8th of the problem. You are looking at ensuring robust links capable of operating in a high EW environment, with environmental natural and unnatural interference along with both transmitter, receiver and target all moving and with their signal returns changing in RSSI constantly along with other issues.

IMG_8269.JPG

20 years or so ago there used to be a place called the Pakistanidefenceforum. Back then the PDF was for mature folks where serious discussions used to happen Usman Shabir was a great source of information for us all. I remember back then we used to pray and hope that Pakistan get AWACS and we begged America for the carrier based E-2 Hawkeye when India got the phalcons. Then Mushraf happened forcing us to To get eireyes and Chinese zdk 03. We went from one to 7~ 8, now we have 11 or more, I remember the first flight unofficial one of the JF-17 and the official one with a painT scheme of the Jf-17. Now Mashallah we have 150+ , with two seater version and block 3 is on the horizon , we have aerial refueling and so much more.

how things have changed. How Allah has been beneficent and merciful.

I do not think we need more rather it maybe be focal to upgrade existing assets especially the Zdk-03 to getter higher range and more connectivity capability. We could invest the money on more integration , better air defence and more

kv

20 years or so ago there used to be a place called the Pakistanidefenceforum. Back then the PDF was for mature folks where serious discussions used to happen Usman Shabir was a great source of information for us all. I remember back then we used to pray and hope that Pakistan get AWACS and we begged America for the carrier based E-2 Hawkeye when India got the phalcons. Then Mushraf happened forcing us to To get eireyes and Chinese zdk 03. We went from one to 7~ 8, now we have 11 or more, I remember the first flight unofficial one of the JF-17 and the official one with a painT scheme of the Jf-17. Now Mashallah we have 150+ , with two seater version and block 3 is on the horizon , we have aerial refueling and so much more.

how things have changed. How Allah has been beneficent and merciful.

I do not think we need more rather it maybe be focal to upgrade existing assets especially the Zdk-03 to getter higher range and more connectivity capability. We could invest the money on more integration , better air defence and more

kv
Indeed my friend, I remember that time on the forum.
Very informative discussions.
PAF has come a long way since then.

Whichever Systems were best and worked well during the February shoot down of Indian jets are the ones we should go with. But we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket and keep evolving for ultimate deterrence.

Anyone know where Usman shabbir is or Londo mularri who made the first paf jf-17 video
You can find Usman Shabbir and platinum786 on Facebook. I'm not sure about Londo Molari -- I never got his real name so I can't say. Ditto for 'Oqaab,' 'Tallgeese,' 'Sobank,' 'Amir Kiani,' and so on. There was also another Usman from the ezBoards forum that came before the original PDF.

You can find Usman Shabbir and platinum786 on Facebook. I'm not sure about Londo Molari -- I never got his real name so I can't say. Ditto for 'Oqaab,' 'Tallgeese,' 'Sobank,' 'Amir Kiani,' and so on. There was also another Usman from the ezBoards forum that came before the original PDF.

Oh man that's some names from the past. Try to get Plat786 to join here and Sobank. I miss these guys, God the battles in the late 90's and early 0 years hahah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom