What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

That is why I said Pakistan should get as many Saab 2000 as possible to act as auxiliary aircraft as when needed. Plus the platform has the potential to be Pakistan's Stand Off Jammer.

Should go for license production of SAAB 2000 at PAC. It might be a good replacement for ATRs in PIA and also other private airlines.

Should go for license production of SAAB 2000 at PAC. It might be a good replacement for ATRs in PIA and also other private airlines.

Why? Production has stopped, tools may not even be available anymore. Both types are around same age and performance. Lots of SAAB 2000s available on second hand market.

PAC better off making our own design, maybe getting European engines for it.

ah no, that is not at all viable. There are less than 100 saab 2000 built 1992-97 and the reasons is that the demand for them was not high. The users who bought them have gradually removed them from service and they are mostly in storages. Pakistan can acquired many used craft for airframe. Since PAF repaired the Saab 2000 when saab itself said that it is a total write off means the capability to keep the fleet active without external input. As navy is now looking for a turbofan LRMPA they dont need Saab 2000 unless...

Last edited:
ah no, that is not at all viable. There are less than 100 saab 2000 built 1992-97 and the reasons is that the demand for them was not high. The users who bought them have have gradually removed them from service and they are mostly in storages. Pakistan can acquired many used craft for airframe. Since PAF repaired the Saab 2000 when saab itself said that it is a total write off means the capability to keep the fleet active without external input. As navy is now looking for a turbofan LRMPA they dont need Saab 2000 unless...

any video on production facility?

turbofan LRMPA
Jet
pn-jan21b-jpg.602526

ah no, that is not at all viable. There are less than 100 saab 2000 built 1992-97 and the reasons is that the demand for them was not high. The users who bought them have have gradually removed them from service and they are mostly in storages. Pakistan can acquired many used craft for airframe. Since PAF repaired the Saab 2000 when saab itself said that it is a total write off means the capability to keep the fleet active without external input. As navy is now looking for a turbofan LRMPA they dont need Saab 2000 unless...

In that case, is it viable for PAF to be flying Erieye system on SAAB 2000?

In that case, is it viable for PAF to be flying Erieye system on SAAB 2000?
why not, PAF did their homework and chose Saab 2000 because it fits their needs. After Pakistan Saudi's bought Saab 2000 configuration as well.

Turbofan is part of the jet engine family! The jet will have Turbofan power plant

Why we totally want move all our stuff to 25 year old planes. If we can have some news jets as common plateform

Actually saying this bcuz, once PAC announced they want to have local production of small commercial jet for defence and commercial uses with help of china . So may be these can also use on future

https://www.pakdefense.com/blog/pak...ement-to-jointly-produce-commercial-aircraft/

https://bit.ly/3g4ziT8

Look at this 10 jet by Pakistan by some unknow company, these are pre order even b4 production start plan is MA7000 (can hidden defense order aswell) and future local production for PAC

received_601013434092982.jpeg

Hybrid Aviation is an Air Charter and Pilot training company out of Walton Airport Lahore. Seems they are planning a regional service to smaller towns.

MA7000 is not a jet but turboprop like the Saab. It might have limitations as a AEW&C aircraft because of its T tail configuration and shoulder mounted wings. The Saab’s have thirty years of life left in them.

Last edited:
I can just imagine the operating cost of the IL78 based Phalcon AWACs used by India. No wonder they only have three. I understand their loitering time is not impressive.

I can just imagine the operating cost of the IL78 based Phalcon AWACs used by India. No wonder they only have three. I understand their loitering time is not impressive.
They're working to offset that with their in-house AEW&C, which they've integrated to the ERJ-145. I think they have several now, at least. In terms of materials, they're working to address their gaps, for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom