What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

I have been inside Turkish Air Force during the 2010 or 2012 Air Show.

I also have 02 Medallion Coins of it from TAI/Boeing gifted one each to me & my wife.

I'm in middle of moving so all my stuff is packed up.

I'll attach images of it later.

Very glad to hear about this joyful encounter, thanks indeed. Stay safe

Rare photos of damaged SAAB 2000 repair

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.17.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.16.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.15.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.15.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.15.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.12.30 AM.png

Apologies. I tried making sense of where the conversation was headed. Hence I followed.

There is a fundamental problem with your entire narrative.

The only credible information you have about KJ-500 is the following;

1) Chinese are using it.
2) It is based on Y-9
3) It comes with IFR probe.
4) It covers 360 degrees.

Otherwise, there is absolutely no information on the actual capability of the aircraft (or even close) and I can see why. It is fairly new, which also means untested and hence unreliable for an Air Force like Pakistan that cannot afford risky investments. This is exactly one of the reasons why Pakistan went with Erieye due to variety reasons which did include SAAB's experience with quality defense products.

Hence this huge hue and cry about KJ-500 is nothing but a fanboy attitude you earlier spoke of.

I'm afraid it doesn't work this way. SAAB 2000 fully supports JF-17 and your proposal is nothing but a costly nightmare. JF-17s are/will be based at Kamra, Peshawar, Sargodha, Shorkot (soon), and Mianwali (soon), Quetta and Masroor.

You are proposing a mix of SAAB 2000s and KJ-500's on bases to support different aircraft? How will training look like if we restrict SAAB's to F-16s and thunders to JF-17s? What happens when JF-17s and F-16s fly in formation? Who controls what? How will our mission controllers bring out their best training and fully understand who needs to 'look' where and 'shoot' where? What will IAF deduce when they see a KJ-500 flying alongside borders? That only JF-17s will be scrambling?

What you're proposing also doesn't make sense because;

1) Kills fleet commonality further (Y-8, Y-9, SAAB 2000)
2) Does not bring any capability breakthrough over Erieye.
3) Renders ZDK-03's redundant. Unless, ZDK-03's can be upgraded to the newer radar, it's a different story altogether and it might as well become a reality.
So what are zdk-03 going to do in future ..completely move to the south to cover navy needs?
SAAB and jf17 can speak in same terms as f16 & saab or there is a intermediary between(ground substation?).

Some of PAF ERIEYEs have a Seaspray radar underneath and some don't. So.. that does explain why some of them will find permanent base in South eventually and some up North.

Attachments

• ERwiUfoWkAAwHxs.jpg
    ERwiUfoWkAAwHxs.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 43
  • EGr-KegW4AAtGQc.jpg
    EGr-KegW4AAtGQc.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 98386_1589650733.jpg
    98386_1589650733.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 50
So what are zdk-03 going to do in future ..completely move to the south to cover navy needs?
SAAB and jf17 can speak in same terms as f16 & saab or there is a intermediary between(ground substation?).
Someone mentioned (can't remember the name) That ZDK are better interms of maritime surveillance, so it might be a good idea to utilize them for navy's needs!

Damage was quite extensive??? Pretty much gutted? Great work

Quite alot to the airframe. Thankfully, the radar sets were saved on all 3 with a little damage.

There is no difference between JF-17 - Erieye and F-16. - Erieye datalink performance. Erieye's talk directly with the assets. There are no ground based mission controllers involved when AWACS is in the air (in a certain area)

Someone mentioned (can't remember the name) That ZDK are better interms of maritime surveillance, so it might be a good idea to utilize them for navy's needs!

ZDK is not particularly 'better' compared to Erieye. There is no data on that. However, ZDK is not particularly good with high clutter terrain. Hence it's unsuitability for inland operations.

Alright folks, I've been reading a few things about PAF having 7 Erieye's after this addition. It's not true. Here is the breakdown.

PAF's Ereieye fleet

3 Survived from 2006 Order

2 of 3 Acquired from 2017 order. The remaining one is a passenger version. It is still flying without the radar set.

2 more joining this year (including this one)

This information is verified. I was at Chakala today (Evidence at PAF News thread:D)

This guy was seen in Greece yesterday, but that paint job looks all too familiar ;)

EZDGm10X0AASTet
@Dazzler abd @airomerix
On a unrelated topic, there was talk of upgrading the ZDK03 from a PESA to an AESA like KLJ500. One of the ZDK03s was in China to be upgraded. Does anyone know and can mention on an open forum whether this has happened or not. Thanks in advance. With all due respects to both please dont respond in riddles. Either yes, No or dont want to say or dont know will do if you want to keep it to yourselves. If you can share info it will be appreciated
A

@Dazzler abd @airomerix
On a unrelated topic, there was talk of upgrading the ZDK03 from a PESA to an AESA like KLJ500. One of the ZDK03s was in China to be upgraded. Does anyone know and can mention on an open forum whether this has happened or not. Thanks in advance. With all due respects to both please dont respond in riddles. Either yes, No or dont want to say or dont know will do if you want to keep it to yourselves. If you can share info it will be appreciated
A
:enjoy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom