What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Saab 2000 AIRTRACER
Captfffure.JPG

the best alternative for Falcon 20 now we have 5 extra saab 2000

Saab 2000 AIRTRACER
View attachment 636184

the best alternative for Falcon 20 now we have 5 extra saab 2000
That is why I said Pakistan should get as many Saab 2000 as possible to act as auxiliary aircraft as when needed. Plus the platform has the potential to be Pakistan's Stand Off Jammer.

That is why I said Pakistan should get as many Saab 2000 as possible to act as auxiliary aircraft as when needed. Plus the platform has the potential to be Pakistan's Stand Off Jammer.
If they were available, we could have used them with Navy as well for its MPA instead of using ATRs. Commonization saves a lot of cost. But maybe there were other considerations or the other jets were all tied up .

If they were available, we could have used them with Navy as well for its MPA instead of using ATRs. Commonization saves a lot of cost. But maybe there were other considerations or the other jets were all tied up .
You might be able to buy up the design(seeing it was not sold a lot, out of production, SAAB will probably have no hesitation in selling) if pakistan has apetite for it..avenues could be in PIA as well given saab unique design. It can act as a very good regional plan for PIA and meet some requirements of PAF/PA/PN ..but seems ATR will be mostly used for navy

Last edited:
Do we have the capability of buying a SAAB 2000 plane and than turn it into an Electronic Warfare Jet ??? @Tipu7

I read somewhere that many aircraft are in storages in Europe. less than a 100 were built by saab and not many are flying so I assume getting a handful of aircraft shouldn't be difficult.

I read somewhere that many aircraft are in storages in Europe. less than a 100 were built by saab and not many are flying so I assume getting a handful of aircraft shouldn't be difficult.

Total 60 plus airframes
In the world for 2000 version

about 18 would be good for PAF.
I think commonizing the platforms for all AEW&C, EW, MPA, VIP and other special operations across airforce, navy and army would result in considerable reduction in maintenance, support and manpower training costs over the long term. The CJCSC office could play a huge role in planning on these lines across the tri-services.

Additionally, the summing up of all orders in a package would be very attractive proposition for the sellers looking for a big order and this leverage alone could be used to negotiate the best products from the market.

I agree right now, when we have already invested so much in Saab 2000 platform, getting more such secondhand air frames from across the world is not a bad idea and could form a basis for our replacement programs for further MPA and EW assets at a marginal cost.

Last edited:
@Dazzler abd @airomerix
On a unrelated topic, there was talk of upgrading the ZDK03 from a PESA to an AESA like KLJ500. One of the ZDK03s was in China to be upgraded. Does anyone know and can mention on an open forum whether this has happened or not. Thanks in advance. With all due respects to both please dont respond in riddles. Either yes, No or dont want to say or dont know will do if you want to keep it to yourselves. If you can share info it will be appreciated
A
Seems no one wants to answer you on the KK Eagle. App ki khawihish sar ankhoon pay Sir. After this when clueless kids go apeshit, pls deal with them.

There were issues with it. Radar remains same, no change. Everything else has been upgraded.

Seems no one wants to answer you on the KK Eagle. App ki khawihish sar ankhoon pay Sir. After this when clueless kids go apeshit, pls deal with them.

There were issues with it. Radar remains same, no change. Everything else has been upgraded.

Seems like Chinese Radar tech of 2000s were not mature technology. Issues have been hinted about ground based (YLC2 if I remember correctly) by members.

Makes sense why PAF went for Erieyes.
A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom