What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Very good question.

No one know exactly how much the Armed forces consume.

That's why we need to audit them in a 'Transparent' manner.

All i see Armed forces officers doing, is playing golf and taking over civilian posts once they retire.

18 to 19 % is the defence budget for 2012-13 fiscal year ... :pakistan:

i personally feel all the SAABs are destroyed! but that is not the point!!! the question is why are the so called TTP going specifically for Pakistan's AEW systems! first the orions then now the SAABs!!

why is our media quiet about this whole issue! and no one is talking about a definite foreign hand behind these attacks! our media is silent unlike indian media that started ranting Pakistan Pakistan during the mumbai attacks! before any confirmed reports! our media jumps to TTP before knowing anything and then forgets about it!

i personally feel all the SAABs are destroyed! but that is not the point!!! the question is why are the so called TTP going specifically for Pakistan's AEW systems! first the orions then now the SAABs!!

why is our media quiet about this whole issue! and no one is talking about a definite foreign hand behind these attacks! our media is silent unlike indian media that started ranting Pakistan Pakistan during the mumbai attacks! before any confirmed reports! our media jumps to TTP before knowing anything and then forgets about it!

The media is sold out all they can do is spread false news , propoganda , fear and lies. They all are going anti Pakistan. There is no hope from Pakistan media , GEO was the one to start the Ajmal Kasab story which was then proved false but it was very late till then but no budy even bother to ask them Y did they showed a fake video .No one even bother asking for any explaination from them.

Well forget it they will ever be in favour of Pakistan they have sold themselves already.(Power of Dollar u know).

why is our media quiet about this whole issue! and no one is talking about a definite foreign hand behind these attacks! our media is silent unlike indian media that started ranting Pakistan Pakistan during the mumbai attacks! before any confirmed reports! our media jumps to TTP before knowing anything

http://www.app.com.pk/photo/preview/17-08-2012/4b66420ef0459d01f141374c070e6908.jpg

You talk about media people In Pakistan? Well, they are not interested in Pakistan defense. They all from Express Tribune to Dawn have same agenda applied in different ways: my educated guess says they are all on the payroll of CIA etc.

just wondering if somebody has posted it or not
7962127990_619b4c36e5_b.jpg

how many ZDK03 do we have??? and how well do they compare against our SAAB's does anyone know???

how many ZDK03 do we have??? and how well do they compare against our SAAB's does anyone know???

Only PAF knows about the specs of ZDK-03 and how they are compare against SAAB's. 2 are delieverd.

Btw, i was thinking large number of antennas we see on ZDK are nowhere to be seen on SAAB's. Is that mean SAAB is more sensor oriented aircraft than ZDK i.e Data linking done through senors embed in the aircraft rather using antennas like on ZDK

i personally feel all the SAABs are destroyed! but that is not the point!!!

the question is why are the so called TTP going specifically for Pakistan's AEW systems! first the orions then now the SAABs!!

1) Not all SAAB's were destroyed. The one which sustained damages, did sustain significant damage (more than a 'few' shrapnels or bullets). If you see the communication coming out, they are saying these the Swedish team's preparing to come to the base to assess damage. Pakistan has ALWAYS fixed its own aircraft with damage since 1965. Sabres and Star fighters used to be fixed. So fixing some structural damage is not that big of a deal. however, the damage has been done to the avionics and the radar (along with the structure). Due to which, they can't repair this aircraft and have to send these out to others.

2) Well my friend, your answer to 'why' is what the US has been telling Pakistan since 2001. You guys don't like to hear that or even take that into deep consideration. These terrorists are NOT spreading Islam. These are crazy maniacs who in their sick minds think they are doing Gods work. But there is no such thin. These twisted fuc** are ren-a-killer. They kill their own people, terrorize the population (who is also Muslim I might point out), and have been involved in Ransom cases within Pakistan to gain funding.
Now what stops then from gaining funding from the RAW or anyone else to remain operational and do the job for them???
You are right to think that why the AEW? that has nothing to do with Talibans, etc. But just like the US has said many times to Pakistanis, these guys are the first line threat to Pakistan's stability. Just forget about the US. Look around you and see what's been going on.
If the 'default' answer is, we are fighting the US's war and that's why the wrath of TTP is upon Pakistan, then you are not thinking straight.
Imagine if the US wasn't in Afghanistan and had NOT killed hundreds of thousands of these terrorists....what would happen then??
These guys would've STILL caused Pakistan a lot of pain if Pakistan didn't cooperate with them on certain things. Problem is, in that scenario, the bombing within Pakistan, attacks, etc would be 100 times more as these terrorists would be in full strength (man numbers) as there would be no US killing them in Afg. These guys would in that case bring Pakistan to its knees within a few weeks as they'd be a LOT in numbers and there wouldn't be a US next door.
It is in Pakistan's best interest to root out this issue immediately. In my opinion, Pakistan can ONLY go forward when there are moderate people. Right now, it's two extremes. One group of population is just religion based, the other one is entirely opposite and very advanced. You want people who have moderation, tolerance and respect for others. When the middle fades away, it's always a problem. I think Pakistan should follow Turkey's example and no doubt it'll prosper.

1) Not all SAAB's were destroyed. The one which sustained damages, did sustain significant damage (more than a 'few' shrapnels or bullets). If you see the communication coming out, they are saying these the Swedish team's preparing to come to the base to assess damage. Pakistan has ALWAYS fixed its own aircraft with damage since 1965. Sabres and Star fighters used to be fixed. So fixing some structural damage is not that big of a deal. however, the damage has been done to the avionics and the radar (along with the structure). Due to which, they can't repair this aircraft and have to send these out to others.

2) Well my friend, your answer to 'why' is what the US has been telling Pakistan since 2001. You guys don't like to hear that or even take that into deep consideration. These terrorists are NOT spreading Islam. These are crazy maniacs who in their sick minds think they are doing Gods work. But there is no such thin. These twisted fuc** are ren-a-killer. They kill their own people, terrorize the population (who is also Muslim I might point out), and have been involved in Ransom cases within Pakistan to gain funding.
Now what stops then from gaining funding from the RAW or anyone else to remain operational and do the job for them???
You are right to think that why the AEW? that has nothing to do with Talibans, etc. But just like the US has said many times to Pakistanis, these guys are the first line threat to Pakistan's stability. Just forget about the US. Look around you and see what's been going on.
If the 'default' answer is, we are fighting the US's war and that's why the wrath of TTP is upon Pakistan, then you are not thinking straight.
Imagine if the US wasn't in Afghanistan and had NOT killed hundreds of thousands of these terrorists....what would happen then??
These guys would've STILL caused Pakistan a lot of pain if Pakistan didn't cooperate with them on certain things. Problem is, in that scenario, the bombing within Pakistan, attacks, etc would be 100 times more as these terrorists would be in full strength (man numbers) as there would be no US killing them in Afg. These guys would in that case bring Pakistan to its knees within a few weeks as they'd be a LOT in numbers and there wouldn't be a US next door.
It is in Pakistan's best interest to root out this issue immediately. In my opinion, Pakistan can ONLY go forward when there are moderate people. Right now, it's two extremes. One group of population is just religion based, the other one is entirely opposite and very advanced. You want people who have moderation, tolerance and respect for others. When the middle fades away, it's always a problem. I think Pakistan should follow Turkey's example and no doubt it'll prosper.

Your answer regarding why TTP would attack PAF AWACS does not appeal to common sense of a Pakistani. TTP is a dubious organization. They were never able to challenge Pakistan forces untill 2005. But after that, under the siege of US troops with a mission to protect Pakistan, they suddenly found the level to damage Pakistan forces? Strange, isn't it?

The problem with your line of argument is that we Pakistanis have been living with Talibans since early 1990s, and until 2004 there were no attacks. Thus, majority Pakistani rightly think that these attacks are the result of US war on terror.

Moreover, I am afraid your point of view about Pakistanis either being religious or ultra-modern is not correct: 90% Pakistanis fall between these two extremes, and quite moderate from any standard.
However, I agree that it is in the best interest of Pakistan to root out militancy and all the CIA agents in Pakistan and protect its all AWACS with fool proof planning. Today there are terrorists; tomorrow , there could be airborne enemies; then what excuse would we have?

the aircraft is damaged; but what about the millions of dollars worth of comm. and other equipment inside the aircraft; what is the status of the Ericcson Erieye phased array radar?

I give critcisim where and when it's due. I've tried avoiding this subject altogether. But if the intel about impending attacks were known (and its no bloody secret, after PNS Mehran - that foreign sponsored proxies want to de-fang Pakistan) --- this was a security breach and a security failure.

heads should be rolling......

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom