What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

BTW, shouldn't it be kept a secret about the induction of platforms then?? For keeping the enemy guessing and national security?:D

Why the need for fanfare and then ofcourse the tea party ka kharcha?:lol:

BTW, shouldn't it be kept a secret about the induction of platforms then?? For keeping the enemy guessing and national security?:D

Why the need for fanfare and then ofcourse the tea party ka kharcha?:lol:

NP,

There is a deterrence value in disclosing a defensive capability that you have. You take on nothing but risk by disclosing what you no longer have or have lost. There is a clear distinction between the two situations.

Simply put, this is like saying: "We have EW and can tell what you are up to." vs. "we lost our EW and cannot tell what you are up to." Why bother disclosing any sort of erosion in your capability?

That is such BS blain.....

I can understand that covert ops need to remain under cover, but what the Armed forces do with the rest of their operational budget should be known by all.

Actually, Armed forces need to be audited in a transparent manner. For 65 years of existence, they seem more like a parasite on the weak finances of our beloved nation.

Enough is enough. If they cannot secure their assets and bases, they need to resign. Wallah........i can only imagine what could happen in a full out war.

Would you happen to have an ISPR report on that?

Because unless I missed something in this while.. the last report of it was being damaged and being sent for repairs to sweden.

oscar bhaiy , don't you see the need to have atleast two more sab-2000 a.e.w.a.c.s. apart from what P.a.f. already has ... ?! :meeting:
:pakistan:

Blain,

Taxpayers have a right to know what happened with their money and who the eff was irresponsible enough to let it happen.

All federal employees including armed forces get paid from civilian taxes. Please keep that in mind.

why not we taxpayers start struggling for getting that right-to-know by having this zardari accountable first infront of the nation ... !! :coffee:

because , afterall , he happens to be the supreme commander of armed forces :hitwall: so why should not he be held responsible to calm down the apprehensions/reservations of the voters & taxpayers of PakisTan ... ?!? :azn:
:pakistan:

I can understand that covert ops need to remain under cover, but what the Armed forces do with the rest of their operational budget should be known by all.

Actually, Armed forces need to be audited in a transparent manner. For 65 years of existence, they seem more like a parasite on the weak finances of our beloved nation.

Enough is enough. If they cannot secure their assets and bases, they need to resign. Wallah........i can only imagine what could happen in a full out war.

do you know what is our defence budget ?

For those who continue to try to convince us that 1 SAAB was destroyed and 2 SAABS were damaged (interestingly in earlier posts these same people had made iron clad claims that 2 were destroyed and one damaged?!?) - a few questions.....
1. The PAF spokesman repeatedly said only one aircraft sustained damage - was he lieing?
2. The PAF ACM on his visit to Minhas - specificaly said that the enemy aims were reduced to ashes due to the timely and effective response from base defence -- does that sound like the statement of a ACM who just had 1-2 of his prize assets wiped out? was he lieing?
3. The defence minister stated that he had been breifed by PAF senior officers that only one Saab sustained damage to its nose cone. The damage had been assessed and deemed repairable in country although the aircraft would still be sent to the manufacturer for checking to be on the safe side -- did he make all this up? was he lieing?
4. Retired VCAS and former base comander at Minhas Shahid Lateef obviously has contacts throughout PAF and you can be sure he knows far more details of what happened and when compared with anyone on this board or the media. Also note that he is not on any Govt / PAF / ISPR payroll and when PAF deserves it he is very critical of the PAF and Govt - watch his interviews after the Osama raid and you will know what I mean. In various interviews he specificaly stated that there was only one aircraft in the hanger that was attacked - it sustained minor damage and he praised the timely / effective response by the base defenders -- is this reputable, straight talking, undoubtedly knowledgeable, with no axe to grind, retired high ranking officer also lieing?

To counter all the above and more - you have a couple of low end urdu press reports stating that 1-2 Saabs were destroyed - with no named sources. Regardless - detractors of PAF and Pakistan will continue to believe and spend much energy trying to convince others that despite the very obvious odds -- it is actualy the odd urdu press report that is truthfull and not all of the above - that is to be expected.

No4sqnZDKB.jpg

ZDK-03 'Karakoram Eagle' AWACS - Designed by Zeeshan Bangash

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;3377721 said:
do you know what is our defence budget ?

Very good question.

No one know exactly how much the Armed forces consume.

That's why we need to audit them in a 'Transparent' manner.

All i see Armed forces officers doing, is playing golf and taking over civilian posts once they retire.

Very good question.

No one know exactly how much the Armed forces consume.

That's why we need to audit them in a 'Transparent' manner.

All i see Armed forces officers doing, is playing golf and taking over civilian posts once they retire.

I would be wise that you continue this talk on the relevant threads which already exist for such discussion.

Kindly don't derail this thread with the usual nonsense.

And for other members also, no need to reply to such posts which derail the thread.

PAF cannot secure it's bases and assets?

Many times have the US bases and airbases in Afghanistan come under attacks. Just a few weeks before attack on PAF Base Minhas, second largest US Airbase in the region was destroyed by 10,000KGs. I wonder if you, or most members, are aware of it.

Within a week after the Minhas AB attack, a US Air Base was attack in Afghanistan and a C-17 was damaged. Assault rifles and RPGs were fired on the base and target was C-17 (no details were revealed). The C-17 was used by Defense Secretary of US and he was to return in same aircraft.

About the budget part, you pay tax and you can see development within the Army. You pay for the security of yourself, your family and your assets. We keep up our word in spill of blood at borders. We have given you what we promised, rest if non of your (civilians) concern. Before raising fingers at us, why don't you ask the government (PPP/politicians) about your tax-money? Why don't you question the money in Swiss banks? Or development/education/water/electricity/municipality departments?

Many times have the US bases and airbases in Afghanistan come under attacks. Just a few weeks before attack on PAF Base Minhas, second largest US Airbase in the region was destroyed by 10,000KGs. I wonder if you, or most members, are aware of it.

Within a week after the Minhas AB attack, a US Air Base was attack in Afghanistan and a C-17 was destroyed. Assault rifles and RPGs were fired on the base and target was C-17 (no details were revealed). The C-17 was used by Defense Secretary of US and he was to return in same aircraft.............

Destroyed? Are you sure about that or are these just emotional exaggerations?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom