What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C - Designed by Zeeshan Bangash

saab2000-1.jpg

Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C - Designed by Zeeshan Bangash

saab2000-1.jpg

Hi

Does any know or can confirm the status of these awacs. There is considerable angst and rumours that 1 or possibly 2 were destroyed due to the terrorist actions against Kamra base.

There has been silence from the media and the military will not disclose such a big loss.

However, we the people have a right to know what is happening to our assets that we had paid for.

In particular we need to know why our intelligence and our base protection failed so miserably.

I wish no hurt to anyone for asking these questions but I feel strongly that we should be told the truth and the incompetent and negligent people removed from their posts so that better personnel can come through and take command of our properties.

Hi

Does any know or can confirm the status of these awacs. There is considerable angst and rumours that 1 or possibly 2 were destroyed due to the terrorist actions against Kamra base.

There has been silence from the media and the military will not disclose such a big loss.

However, we the people have a right to know what is happening to our assets that we had paid for.

In particular we need to know why our intelligence and our base protection failed so miserably.

I wish no hurt to anyone for asking these questions but I feel strongly that we should be told the truth and the incompetent and negligent people removed from their posts so that better personnel can come through and take command of our properties.

PAF Base Kamra was a costly failure of Intelligence and lack of trained security. The perimeter boundary was manned by civilian security guards.

All the AWACS and AEW&C of PAF were present at PAF Base Minhas NOT Chaklala. And 3 of four IL-78 were present too. One of the Saab-2000 hot a direct hit from RPG which exploded. The flames latter on reached the IL-78s which were filled with a kind of jet fuel that doesn't give smoky flame. All the three IL-78s exploded which resulted in damage to ALL AWACS and AEW&C aircrafts. The JF-17 production line was also totaled, hence the Block-2 is now delayed for 15 months.

Ofcourse ISPR and PAF doesn't want you to know this, and my source is Tahir Butt (Air Chief).

PAF Base Kamra was a costly failure of Intelligence and lack of trained security. The perimeter boundary was manned by civilian security guards.

All the AWACS and AEW&C of PAF were present at PAF Base Minhas NOT Chaklala. And 3 of four IL-78 were present too. One of the Saab-2000 hot a direct hit from RPG which exploded. The flames latter on reached the IL-78s which were filled with a kind of jet fuel that doesn't give smoky flame. All the three IL-78s exploded which resulted in damage to ALL AWACS and AEW&C aircrafts. The JF-17 production line was also totaled, hence the Block-2 is now delayed for 15 months.

Ofcourse ISPR and PAF doesn't want you to know this, and my source is Tahir Butt (Air Chief).

That was ROFL funny.. Good one ;)

AESA , but scans only in the vertical..

What does it mean? No 360 degree Scan? Or AESA in vertical and PESA in horizontal? if thats the case than how is it possible? Is there any AWAC out there which uses AESA and PESA in such layout?

Typical bureaucratic response,,, Your attitude resembles with them alot. Higher ups do it when they don't won't to respond to "Strong" rumors with an amicable or pictorial response

Sorry, I am not trying to be offensive, just asking a simple question. What is the status of all our AWACs?

There are a lot rumours that 1 maybe 2 awacs were destroyed. I hope not but if it is true then the failure of our professionals in planning and preventing such an attack has been monumnetal, particularly after Mehran and the fact this base had been attacked many times before.

Your facetious reply not withstanding, it is our right to know what happened to our property on that day.

If you know or having some knowledge and if you wish to share said information then thank you, if not then simply remaining quiet would have sufficed.

Peace.

Actually, no, you don't have the right to know these things. Do you ever get to know why a heli crashed? Do you ever get to know about the fuel sheets of airplanes and how much fuel was lost due XYZ reason? Do you get to know that the base commander did a FOD drill, employing the whole of the base, just for the sake of it, although alot of resources were wasted for it as well!!

In short, there is not everything that you or I reserve the giht to know.

Sorry, I am not trying to be offensive, just asking a simple question. What is the status of all our AWACs?
Why must this be made public?
There are a lot rumours that 1 maybe 2 awacs were destroyed. I hope not but if it is true then the failure of our professionals in planning and preventing such an attack has been monumnetal, particularly after Mehran and the fact this base had been attacked many times before.
I answered your question in my post. The AWACS are generally based at Chaklala and other bases not at Minhas. Why would we station all of our AWACS and AEW&Cs at one base? This is was first time that PAF Base Minhas has had this many Saab-2000s on board.
Your facetious reply not withstanding, it is our right to know what happened to our property on that day
You pay for the security of civilian and civilian property from enemies across the border. You are getting it. How we do it is our concern. We have all the right to keep it confidential and hidden from public.
If you know or having some knowledge and if you wish to share said information then thank you, if not then simply remaining quiet would have sufficed.
The information you're looking for has been repeated several times on the PAF Base Kamra attack thread, and this thread is not to discuss the attack and damage. Flip through pages, and you'll find what you need. One Saab-2000 was damaged, given repairs at the PAC and flown off to Sweden for further repairs and tests. This part is confirmed. The rumor of one Saab-2000 being totally destroyed and other slightly damaged is just a rumor which is neither rejected nor confirmed by ISPR.

Why must this be made public?

I answered your question in my post. The AWACS are generally based at Chaklala and other bases not at Minhas. Why would we station all of our AWACS and AEW&Cs at one base? This is was first time that PAF Base Minhas has had this many Saab-2000s on board.

You pay for the security of civilian and civilian property from enemies across the border. You are getting it. How we do it is our concern. We have all the right to keep it confidential and hidden from public.

The information you're looking for has been repeated several times on the PAF Base Kamra attack thread, and this thread is not to discuss the attack and damage. Flip through pages, and you'll find what you need. One Saab-2000 was damaged, given repairs at the PAC and flown off to Sweden for further repairs and tests. This part is confirmed. The rumor of one Saab-2000 being totally destroyed and other slightly damaged is just a rumor which is neither rejected nor confirmed by ISPR.

Once gain I reiterate that my questions on this matter are not to offend or to find confidential information.

I have no contacts in the airforce or any other knowledge of the attack on Minhas. I am merely a patriot of my country and a supporter of all our people who sacrifice for our country. I am a hater of all corrupt. lazy good for nothing leaches that live in our country. I count the fauj as the people who have made immense sacrifices for us and I salute them. As a whole we have come to level of eating grass for our weapons and security and for that I say all our leaders, from Zardari to the civil servant sitting in a God forsaken Tehsil is accountable to us the people.

I understand there is national security but in this case a lapse in our perimeters and guardian of one of our most sensitive bases is tantamount to treason and hiding the loss of a $250 million asset is not national security but a national disgrace.

OK I take at face value what you have written and I am tahnkful for your time and effort in reply to my question. I accept that you may be a person with many contacts and much more knowledge than I have hence I accept all our AWACs are safe albeit with minor battle scars.

However, my final question is that if as I have accepted all our AWACs are safe and 'alive' then why has ISPR gone AWOL on this subject. If ISPR comes cleans the rumours will stop otherwise until there is pictorial evidence these rumours will presist.

As for me, you are very much right, I will refrain from this topic here anymore. End of discussion barring any reply you may wish to give in response to this post.

Once again peace.

for that one or two aircraft beyond repair, can the Erieye radar and computer equipment and systems inside be salvaged?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom