What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Aslaam-o-Alaikum All,

Can anyone plz tell, at which stage our SAAB AWACS integration is? I mean training of crew, link-up with our overall command & control system.

Regards.

What material is the nose cone made from? Carbon fibre honeycomb type?

OK GUys Lets settle down.
We said things based on info that we got. It may have been wrong or our posts leflected the haste and anxiety associated with what was a shocking event for all of us. The fact which has been established is that one plane's nose cne suffered some damage which is being looked at and repaired. WE ARE ALL GREATFUL TO ALLAH that the damage was not more severe. Let us move on from here instead of this you said this and I said that debate.
Araz

Mr.Araz, what preventing skeptics from moving on is PAF/ISPR silence on whole issue. They have not denied the rumors!.

Several facts which are agreed upon by everyone. 3 AWACS were present on the same base on the day of attack. One was airborne. Other 2 resting in the same hangar. One suffered a damage, what about the 3rd awacs which was present in the Hangar? That mystery Awacs is generating a hell lot of rumors.

4th aircraft is for training purposes was at chaklala on that day. 5th Awacs is a myth which was blown away on the day of attack. Can any one tell me who believed we have 3 Awac plus 1 training aircraft? We all believed that PAF got 4 AWAC plus 1 training aircraft after renegotiation the deal but still in media the deal is quoted a Billion dollar deal and on that faithful day we came to know the original deal was of 3+1 and not a word come out what was the price after renegotiating, so here we see a gap which can be exploited by rumor mill what happened to rest of money if deal was not a 1 billion dollar and no official figure on the price comes afterward,see how much misinformation PAF/ISPR has spread around?

To top it all, PAF spokesperson changed his statement 3 times in 2 days time. Everyone emphasizing on the 2nd Awac which can be repaired,,, but not about the 3rd Awacs which is why we skeptics are still believing there is cover up job of some kind happened!

let me quote najam khan's words...

As expected our "loyal" Pakistani media and papers are counting two losses of Saab-2000 in the attack on Minhas AB, Kamra (night of August 15).

Who they are fooling? This photo released by APP on August 17 shows an unhurt Saab-2000 in background.

2 out of the 4 Saab AEW&C aircraft were stationed in the base at the time of attack. Plus, there is "NO" news on internet or SAAB/PAF press release confirming the delivery of last 4th aircraft to PAF.

Its up to you, either believe the words of the "so-called Pro-Pakistani and loyal media" or go with the PAF official press release claiming one aircraft damaged.

303832_456796747699041_912696035_n.jpg

Mr.Araz, what preventing skeptics from moving on is PAF/ISPR silence on whole issue. They have not denied the rumors!.

Several facts which are agreed upon by everyone. 3 AWACS were present on the same base on the day of attack. One was airborne. Other 2 resting in the same hangar. One suffered a damage, what about the 3rd awacs which was present in the Hangar? That mystery Awacs is generating a hell lot of rumors.

4th aircraft is for training purposes was at chaklala on that day. 5th Awacs is a myth which was blown away on the day of attack. Can any one tell me who believed we have 3 Awac plus 1 training aircraft? We all believed that PAF got 4 AWAC plus 1 training aircraft after renegotiation the deal but still in media the deal is quoted a Billion dollar deal and on that faithful day we came to know the original deal was of 3+1 and not a word come out what was the price after renegotiating, so here we see a gap which can be exploited by rumor mill what happened to rest of money if deal was not a 1 billion dollar and no official figure on the price comes afterward,see how much misinformation PAF/ISPR has spread around?

To top it all, PAF spokesperson changed his statement 3 times in 2 days time. Everyone emphasizing on the 2nd Awac which can be repaired,,, but not about the 3rd Awacs which is why we skeptics are still believing there is cover up job of some kind happened!
Bhai.
I dont have the time to indulge in thisrumour mill. If you remember the mehran incident did anyone bother to notice the fire when the plane burstinto flames. It was shown ad nauseum by the media. compare that with the lack of fire at kamra. Now I dont know how logical you guys are but are you guyssuggesting that one plane vot destroyed in a closed hanger where there were three planes and was destroyed totally yet the only thing damaged on the other plane was a nose cone.
I dont find that at all logical. This is why I am inclined to believe the government version.
Araz

u are wrong on all accounts !!

below are some of the details of the attack on kamra, separating facts from fiction and the bs that has been spread on this forum. still i have not included all the details specially about the severity of damage sustained (still the intelligent members can make out the actual position on the ground regarding the true nature of the damage). regardless all of details below are a fact :

-their are/were four awacs (saab) and one training ac. that brings the no. of saab 2000 to 5 in PAF inventory.
-as i said in one of my earlier posts, on the day of the attack their were three ac parked in one hanger and one ac parked in a separate hanger.
-now it is the bigger hanger with three saab ac parked inside that got hit.
-no saab ac was air born at the time of the attack, as the terrorists waited for the last ac to complete its training sortie and land and get parked in the hanger, before launching the attack. that is the reason why the hanger door was 1/3rd open and a refuel bowser was parked outside the hanger. which incidently was the first thing that was hit and blown up. once again we did suffer damage.
-the one awacs in the other hanger never got touched as the terrorists never made it that far.
-the terrorists also knew and targeted the air crews debriefing room and destroyed it to a large extent the only reason why the air crew survived was for the fact that after a long sortie they were hungry and were having snacks in the tea bar. they could hear the terrorists.
-the no of the terrorists was/is alot more than what has been reported.
-preliminary investigation (as i had reported earlier in one of my post) has found that the terrorists handler/ring leader was from around these parts and some months ago had rented a home in the village, in ramzan the local masjid was full of people sitting for atiquaf and the ring leader informed the imam masjid that a few of his relatives who are from tabligi jamaat would like to spend the atiquaf in the village mosque. and that is how they never got picked up in the sweeps that were conducted by PAF security personal, specially after the got a warning alert of an impending attack.
-it was c-130 fitted with flair that was ordered to get airborne from chaklala (and remained airborne till the completion of the whole operation) played the most pivotal role in locating the terrorists. it basically directed the whole operation.
-by the time the news of the attack got aired on the electronic media, the operation was already over with killing/capturing of all the terrorists inside and out side the base.
-the role of dsg is over played and infact it was due to their failure that this attack was able to penetrate the defenses.

Lets think objectively.

If PAF is lying, what objectives will it meet? Keeping people cool on National loss and keeping its enemies guessing about its operational strength...or they are just covering up this arses?

The bold part can be covered up only till a small period of time, this bluffing game is not so easy. The next Govt in Pakistan will enforce its own "military accountability" policy, not to mention any aviation author's upcoming book on PAF. Lets wait and believe on ISPR/PAF release for some time and IF their is anything, it will eventually come out.

-their are/were four awacs (saab) and one training ac. that brings the no. of saab 2000 to 5 in PAF inventory.

Could you kindly give us a serial number of the 5th Saab if you dont mind? (not that i dont believe you, but I haven't seen anything anywhere. The defence secretary on the induction of first Saab said that 3 more will arrive, and the counted ones are J019, 10045, 10040 and 10025. The one with civilian registration SE49 during it's trials has not yet been seen with PAF colors anywhere, but i'll take your word for it)

-
a refuel bowser was parked outside the hanger. which incidently was the first thing that was hit and blown up. once again we did suffer damage.

There is a blog entry on the net, a retired brigadier who is very much active on the net said that something caught fire (and an officer was also there trying to extinguish it).

-the terrorists also knew and targeted the air crews debriefing room and destroyed it to a large extent

There is a picture of a terrorist with false ceiling lying around.

-it was c-130 fitted with flair that was ordered to get airborne from chaklala (and remained airborne till the completion of the whole operation) played the most pivotal role in locating the terrorists. it basically directed the whole operation.

Yup. It could be seen on TV even, a C-130 was flying overhead.

-the role of dsg is over played and infact it was due to their failure that this attack was able to penetrate the defenses.

Agreed. What I gather is that after Sep Asif killed a couple of intruding terrorists, and then was killed himself, the other DSG ran away from his post. And the reaction was also a bit late and first party arrived after 10 minutes or so.

Time to copy / paste this post from a couple of pages ago...........

For those who continue to try to convince us that 1 SAAB was destroyed and 2 SAABS were damaged (interestingly in earlier posts these same people had made iron clad claims that 2 were destroyed and one damaged?!?) - a few questions.....
1. The PAF spokesman repeatedly said only one aircraft sustained damage - was he lieing?
2. The PAF ACM on his visit to Minhas - specificaly said that the enemy aims were reduced to ashes due to the timely and effective response from base defence -- does that sound like the statement of a ACM who just had 1-2 of his prize assets wiped out? was he lieing?
3. The defence minister stated that he had been breifed by PAF senior officers that only one Saab sustained damage to its nose cone. The damage had been assessed and deemed repairable in country although the aircraft would still be sent to the manufacturer for checking to be on the safe side -- did he make all this up? was he lieing?
4. Retired VCAS and former base comander at Minhas Shahid Lateef obviously has contacts throughout PAF and you can be sure he knows far more details of what happened and when compared with anyone on this board or the media. Also note that he is not on any Govt / PAF / ISPR payroll and when PAF deserves it he is very critical of the PAF and Govt - watch his interviews after the Osama raid and you will know what I mean. In various interviews he specificaly stated that there was only one aircraft in the hanger that was attacked - it sustained minor damage and he praised the timely / effective response by the base defenders -- is this reputable, straight talking, undoubtedly knowledgeable, with no axe to grind, retired high ranking officer also lieing?

To counter all the above and more - you have a couple of low end urdu press reports stating that 1-2 Saabs were destroyed - with no named sources. Regardless - detractors of PAF and Pakistan will continue to believe and spend much energy trying to convince others that despite the very obvious odds -- it is actualy the odd urdu press report that is truthfull and not all of the above - that is to be expected.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...awacs-aew-cs-aircrafts-194.html#ixzz2897c5kCj

Let's think rationally here. A Saab team is going to come all the way form Sweden for a nose cone (as said by some)? Or is the Saab going to go to Sweden for a nose cone replacement (as being suggested by some others)? I don't think the nose cone would be that much costly as the fuel costs, landing charges, service charges, crew accommodation etc etc.

Is it that much difficult for the PAF to order a replacement nose cone from Saab (considering it didn't already have one beforehand which I doubt, they always have spares), and screw it onto place?

Who said this nose cone thing at the first place? The defence minister at an Iftar party by Iranian consulate!

The PAF spokesman repeatedly said only one aircraft sustained damage - was he lieing?
TAC

These folks usually lie. You shouldn't be surprised!!:lol:

Looks like only one insider making solid comment and rest of all sources in media, opinions, analysis, reports and even ACM are bluffing.

How cool it is!

Could you kindly give us a serial number of the 5th Saab if you dont mind? (not that i dont believe you, but I haven't seen anything anywhere. The defence secretary on the induction of first Saab said that 3 more will arrive, and the counted ones are J019, 10045, 10040 and 10025. The one with civilian registration SE49 during it's trials has not yet been seen with PAF colors anywhere, but i'll take your word for it)

just because u haven't seen it certainly does not change the facts. any ways go to the link below and go to post no.83 and u cant miss it.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...aew-c-zdk-03-karakoram-eagle-delivered-6.html

just because u haven't seen it certainly does not change the facts.

Neither did i suggest that it does.

Anyway, thanks. A quick search of airframe numbers on some websites reveals that it has been delivered. So that is 5 Saab 2000 with PAF.

saab2000-55-large.jpg

Neither did i suggest that it does.

Anyway, thanks. A quick search of airframe numbers on some websites reveals that it has been delivered. So that is 5 Saab 2000 with PAF.

saab2000-55-large.jpg

well the trainer dosent really count unless the govt. has decided to convert PAF into an airline.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom