Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Sir I mean to say that:
7 SAAB 2000 AEW&Cs for PAF
7 SAAB 2000 Transport for PAF/Pak Military

2-3 Saab 340 for MSA/Coast Guards
2-3 SAAB 2000 AEW&Cs for PN
11 SAAB 2000 MPA for PN

2-3 Saab 340 for Pak Army

7-11 for PIA if we were able to convince it in 2003-04 and confirm the deal with Saab and its operators.

Sometimes I really think that you should get a ban whenever you post something like this!!!

For the nth time, we beg you to understand the situation, and get the basic fact in your head that an aircraft requires money, and we don't have enough money!!!

I don't get it, why go for P-3 AWACS? P-3 probably means for the PN, why does PN need AWACS?

ZDK and Saab are already enough.

BTW, could you post the link for your post.

It's 2009-10 news. Deal died down due to non availability of funds. Deal was worth of 800-900 Million dollars at that time.

Sometimes I really think that you should get a ban whenever you post something like this!!!

For the nth time, we beg you to understand the situation, and get the basic fact in your head that an aircraft requires money, and we don't have enough money!!!

Its not only about money, but utility. It doesn't make sense to have more stuff than you need to address your threat perception. Nishan 101 is either a kid or a person with very low IQ. He just doesn't get it.

I think you people forget that we had money some 5 years ago which we can utilized to place an order that would have benefited us in every way. Currently the only possible good choice plane is Y-9MPA or ATR-72s???
Sorry for suggesting things that were possible in 2003-04

Can someone tell me where ZDK-03 AWACS are based? which base?

Erieye is at Kamra where are they Chinese AWACSs? Its south of the country for navy>?

Can someone tell me where ZDK-03 AWACS are based? which base?

Erieye is at Kamra where are they Chinese AWACSs? Its south of the country for navy>?

Google earth shows a ZDK-03 at PAF Masroor. ZDK have also been seen flying over Karachi regularly and also for approach and after take off.

The reason for stationing and testing ZDK-03 near coast is that the radar has additional modes for various sea states and few other undisclosed modes.

One wonders if the OEM country for the Block-52's has authorized them to do their workups with the ZDK..
after all, Jacobabad comes under PAF South.

One wonders if the OEM country for the Block-52's has authorized them to do their workups with the ZDK..

But isn't the ZDK more sea oriented (yeah, not the best term)!? As nabil said and i understood?

I think we all know the answer. Bk52s are such a great point defence fighters, but unfortunately because of the present (and at least next decade) Pak-US relations we may not see it as a complete "Force multiplier". Its current role in WoT will come handy in future, but till then it will remain an independent MR aircraft.

any recent picture of even ONE EREYIE flying???/ or parked on the tarmac?

any recent picture of even ONE EREYIE flying???/ or parked on the tarmac?

Many things are swept under the rag for national security purposes. e.g Ojhri camp incident. Hamood ur rehamn Comission Report, Zia ul Haq plan crash facts and figures etc etc.. Same thing is being done with EREYIE. They won't be shown to Bloody civilians for natioanl security purposes. Only Government version is told on which we have to rely.

Google earth shows a ZDK-03 at PAF Masroor. ZDK have also been seen flying over Karachi regularly and also for approach and after take off.

Could u let me know where exactly you saw the ZDK-03 in Masroor. I have checked Google Earth but missed it.

Could u let me know where exactly you saw the ZDK-03 in Masroor. I have checked Google Earth but missed it.

Here you go.

espnssds.png

Coordinates at bottom. It is on the main flight line.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom