What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

550567_436279986402302_179240852_n.jpg

Pakistan requested E3 Sentry in early/mid eighties during Soviet-Afghan war, instead US offered E2C Hawkeye which Pakistan refused, that was a big mstake on Pakistan's part. we should have gone with E2C atthat time, although it was more of a "over sea" AEW&C plateform butit would have given Pak this new capability before any other nation in South East Asia, and by now we would have a very experienced airforce in AEW&C platforma dn their integration with other arms.

confirms that the radar placement in all the zdk03 are same

i thought the last 2 would be like this
this is a pure AESA platform

why?
The idea is to have commonality and quicker introduction with the ZDK.A complete AESA upgrade is better carried out within five to ten years.

why?
The idea is to have commonality and quicker introduction with the ZDK.A complete AESA upgrade is better carried out within five to ten years.

hmm

anyway do you have any idea about the underconstruction Nescom electronics complex?

A guy from lahore i know told me that this establishment will have the infra to manufacture and design t/r modules locally for radar.

hmm

anyway do you have any idea about the underconstruction Nescom electronics complex?

A guy from lahore i know told me that this establishment will have the infra to manufacture and design t/r modules locally for radar.

What did you mean by complete AESA ? Whats lacking in the ZDK-03 configuration ! :undecided:

What did you mean by complete AESA ? Whats lacking in the ZDK-03 configuration ! :undecided:

Basically the AESA array in the ZDK radar can only scan in the vertical .... so the dish is rotated mechanically to provide 360 coverage.

Basically the AESA array in the ZDK radar can only scan in the vertical .... so the dish is rotated mechanically to provide 360 coverage.

Is that a disadvantage or more of a dicomfort ? As in what would be the opportunity cost of not having a dish that is rotated otherwise when compared with having one which is rotated mechanically ?

Is that a disadvantage or more of a dicomfort ? As in what would be the opportunity cost of not having a dish that is rotated otherwise when compared with having one which is rotated mechanically ?

Quite simply, moving parts endure wear and tear.. the motor that moves it, the bearings on which it moves.. along with lubricant consumption..and an extra system in the rotating mechanism that is prone to a higher rate of failure than just static array.

So while the ZDK-03 may have been cheaper than the Erieye ..and theoretically does provide greater coverage and range..it also is more prone to failure and will incur a higher maintenance cost.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom