What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

can someone tell me how will Erieye and ZDK-03 communicate with each other when there is no SATCOM on any of them?

how will a F-16 be connected with Erieye?

has the F-16 link up completed with erieye?

or JFT with ZDK-03?
AFAIK it can't be done. There is no common data-link between the F-16,JF-17,ERIEYE or ZDK. The ERIEYE can talk to the F-16 and vice versa and the ZDK can speak to the Thunders and vice versa but the ZDK can't link to the F-16 nor can the ERIEYE connect to the Thunder.And as mentioned there is no SATCOM connectivity either.

This is a poor state of affairs but reflects the juggling game that Pakistan has to play to meet its security needs.

AFAIK it can't be done. There is no common data-link between the F-16,JF-17,ERIEYE or ZDK. The ERIEYE can talk to the F-16 and vice versa and the ZDK can speak to the Thunders and vice versa but the ZDK can't link to the F-16 nor can the ERIEYE connect to the Thunder.And as mentioned there is no SATCOM connectivity either.

This is a poor state of affairs but reflects the juggling game that Pakistan has to play to meet its security needs.

No there is a way out of that imbroglio. Communicating through ground-based micro-wave data links. Oscar is the expert on this.

Link 16 is exclusively for F-16 and ERIEYE,no? It isn't fitted on the ZDK or JFT.

as far as i know its a communication standard as in a set of standards....hardware and software can be made by the user as per the defined standards..nothing fixed here..

as far as i know its a communication standard as in a set of standards....hardware and software can be made by the user as per the defined standards..nothing fixed here..

But the LINK-16 tech is Western tech so it's not available on the ZDK/JFT, right?

Saab+2000+Airborne+Early+Warning+and+Control+Aircraft+erieye+aewc+awacs+pakistan+air+force+paf+jf-17+thunder+f-16+fighter+jet+fc20+j10+hanger+airbase+%25283%2529.jpg

Marhoom :cry:

But the LINK-16 tech is Western tech so it's not available on the ZDK/JFT, right?

its a protocol...a set of standards and a set of designated frequencies.....Not a proprietary technology...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom