What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

just wondering if somebody has posted it or not
7962127990_619b4c36e5_b.jpg

Is this any good? Could someone outline its specs?

AFAIK it can't be done. There is no common data-link between the F-16,JF-17,ERIEYE or ZDK. The ERIEYE can talk to the F-16 and vice versa and the ZDK can speak to the Thunders and vice versa but the ZDK can't link to the F-16 nor can the ERIEYE connect to the Thunder.And as mentioned there is no SATCOM connectivity either.

This is a poor state of affairs but reflects the juggling game that Pakistan has to play to meet its security needs.

The good thing is, all the platforms, JF-17s, F-16s, Erieyes & ZDK have western communication systems which does include data communication also. So there is no issue in compatibility among these platforms based on the Chinese or western equipment. Issue is, are we allowed to integrate them together. Voice communication would be not a problem among all these platforms, data transfer is what needs to be looked into. thus for that for now GCS are going to be used, and PAF is making an inhouse solution through which the aircraft would be able to communicate and transfer data.

Okay, so after repairs, that makes it 3. Then what about the 4th one?

Pending delivery.
Its better they keep it in Sweden cuz here, neither AWACs can help protecting us from enemies like USA nor our forces can protect them from enemies like Taliban or neighbour Intel. services.

Pending delivery.
Its better they keep it in Sweden cuz here, neither AWACs can help protecting us from enemies like USA nor our forces can protect them from enemies like Taliban or neighbour Intel. services.

You sure. Because J-019 was delivered in 2008, one aircraft in 2009 (09049, first one delivered), all others in 2010 (10025, 10040 and 10045). So that is five aircraft.

Saab 2000 Production list | Airfleets aviation

One thing to note is that this site and also a couple of others relating to airframes and registration show the status of 10025 as 'stored'.

You sure. Because J-019 was delivered in 2008, one aircraft in 2009 (09049, first one delivered), all others in 2010 (10025, 10040 and 10045). So that is five aircraft.

Saab 2000 Production list | Airfleets aviation

One thing to note is that this site and also a couple of others relating to airframes and registration show the status of 10025 as 'stored'.

I have not seen 10045 in PAF fleet yet, although it was the first one to roll out for trials. Seen different pictures one Saab and three Erieyes but never saw 10045. I could be wrong though.
But just look at the data in the Link that you have shared, It has stated wrong Serials ... 09040 & 10049. If you click on the given serials it gives you further details, where it state that 10025 is stored while its link has active service Erieye picture in it :P What i am trying to say, it seems inaccurate data to me.
Again not Sure about --045, if it is already in PAF service.

I've been tracking Saab for quite long, take a look at an old post of mine when 10025 was not delivered.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-karakoram-eagle-delivered-6.html#post2186033

I have not seen 10045 in PAF fleet yet, although it was the first one to roll out for trials. Seen different pictures one Saab and three Erieyes but never saw 10045. I could be wrong though.
But just look at the data in the Link that you have shared, It has stated wrong Serials ... 09040 & 10049. If you click on the given serials it gives you further details, where it state that 10025 is stored while its link has active service Erieye picture in it :P What i am trying to say, it seems inaccurate data to me.
Again not Sure about --045, if it is already in PAF service.

Yeah, this link has wrong serials on these aircraft, but another site I visited yesterday also showed it as stored (10025 is the aircraft that went to Dubai Airshow).

As you said, c/n 45 was the first one to enter trials, so it would logically be the 3rd to enter PAF service, before 40 and 25.

No pictures of it except trials with registration SE-045 (Swedish registration).

I've been tracking Saab for quite long, take a look at an old post of mine when 10025 was not delivered.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-karakoram-eagle-delivered-6.html#post2186033

saab2000-55-large.jpg

What does this look like? 49 or 45? I think 49.

If it is 45, then it means it was the first one delivered, but the picture I posted previously (page 203) (dated Dec 2009) shows serial number ...49, and it was the first one delivered. And 09 or 10 tells us the date of induction. So logically it should be 09049, and 10045.

If it is 49 on the other hand, it confirms what we have been saying. And still, no picture of 45.

Hence I don't think the one in your post is 49 (maybe i'm wrong?). If the one in your post is indeed 49, then this one is 45 (which seems impossible because 49 was inducted in Dec 2009)

BTW, if that picture was from AFM, anybody got the issue or a better quality picture?

saab2000-55-large.jpg

What does this look like? 49 or 45? I think 49.

If it is 45, then it means it was the first one delivered, but the picture I posted previously (page 203) (dated Dec 2009) shows serial number ...49, and it was the first one delivered. And 09 or 10 tells us the date of induction. So logically it should be 09049, and 10045.

If it is 49 on the other hand, it confirms what we have been saying. And still, no picture of 45.

Hence I don't think the one in your post is 49 (maybe i'm wrong?). If the one in your post is indeed 49, then this one is 45 (which seems impossible because 49 was inducted in Dec 2009)

BTW, if that picture was from AFM, anybody got the issue or a better quality picture?

Ohhh man .... Why you no understand !

We received first Erieye in Dec 2009 and that was 09049 because a couple month before delivery we saw picture of an Erieye in a bit different Cameo and had no markings at all unlike SE-045 but it serial was SE-049. One of our TT Member posted pictures of this bird and mentioned about its delivery. (I Couldn't find relative post on DPK hence sharing link of another forum. dated 13-09-09, 10:45 PM) SAAB 2000 - Erieye - About to join Pakistan Airforce

The above picture you have posted is taken from High Marks-10 Fire Power Display which held in March-10 and ended in first week of April 2010.
Then at the end of the month we heard that Second Erieye has been delivered to Pakistan.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...tan-recieved-its-second-saab-erieye-awac.html (04-24-2010 07:19 PM) which was 10040. So the bird appeared in Highmarks10 was 09049.

When the first ZDK-03 rolled out in Nov-2010, few news articles stated that Pakistan had already received Two SAAB Erieye AWACs till date. Plz see the news in first two posts China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force [Archive] - Siasat.pk Forums (14-Nov-2010, 01:12 AM)

Then In November 2011 we received Third Erieye 10025 at Dubai Air Show, which was too delayed as its serial itself says (10). I read a couple article that stated Pakistan received third Erieye at Dubai, couldn't find even one right now.

Hence no news related to SE-045 in my Bracket all i can show the rolling out ceremony, held in Sweden back in 2008 that was showing SE-045 in PAF markings
saab2000-3-large.jpg

saab2000-4-large.jpg

we can apply F-16 Block-52 10801 theory here, that came to Pakistan in the last batch while it was the first one to roll out of LM.

P.S. I have images AFM's Highmarks edition, gimme your mail address so i could send you. i cannot message any body here cus i am way too below 9000 posts.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom