What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Bro VCheng,

I am not sure what full capacity you are speaking of mate.

AWACs are supposed to be a state's eye in the sky..to protect its territory and to mge its air assets, no?

It's a fact that pak does not have full control of its own defences, the yanks took care of that (ie when bro osama was murdered) and not to mention the continued incursion of aghan, ind and any other nation over pak territory.

pak as a state is in full rot..it does not have full sovereignty over its territory.

think of the israelis..they shot down a yank asset even though it was their erstwhile ally...does pak have the fortitude to do the same wen there is an 'incursion' so as to properly say it has full control over its territory? No..so what is the point of having awacs aka eye in the sky..they might as well sell the whole lot for scrap, get chn crap weaponry for show and beg the yanks just like any other muslim country bro.

Incursion by 'ind'??? When did that happen? We all know about the afghan border issues which are complicated and we know about the unexpected incursion by US but keep wet dreams about 'ind' incursions to yourself. Almost all Pakistan assets including AWACS are for detterance to 'ind' and they are doing their job just fine.

Pakistan air force need to increase its air survilance due to south asia air scurity .Pakistan sufferd from two bad experiance
1....... IAF air craft inter in pak air in 2008 ,we intercept them nicely but it is different point
2.......Usma bin laden operation ,it was true or not is different point but USAF air craft inter in our space
Due to above issues Pak air force acquire 4 chinese Awacs and 4 Swedish saab 200 eye Awacs .Chiniese Awacs are long range then Saab but saab is also good in range and in performance .I want show you that we have best of best.Pakistan F16s can directly connect saab without ground radar now we can do air mission at long range and this technology no neighbour of Pak have yet.

Pakistan air force need to increase its air survilance due to south asia air scurity .Pakistan sufferd from two bad experiance
1....... IAF air craft inter in pak air in 2008 ,we intercept them nicely but it is different point
2.......Usma bin laden operation ,it was true or not is different point but USAF air craft inter in our space
Due to above issues Pak air force acquire 4 chinese Awacs and 4 Swedish saab 200 eye Awacs .Chiniese Awacs are long range then Saab but saab is also good in range and in performance .I want show you that we have best of best.Pakistan F16s can directly connect saab without ground radar now we can do air mission at long range and this technology no neighbour of Pak have yet.

Regarding the second incidence there seems to be more going on behind the scenes than has been told to the public. I agree that it was a shameful day for the defence infra structure, but tell me honestly what would you have done if US had encroached into your airspace. Would you have taken on their response if you had taken one of their planes down. We have a history of being American Poodles and lap dogs. Who in our polity or defence setup would have taken on the wrath of the US had we shot down their fighters/copters.
Also please consider what you have to defend yourself against the US. With your inventory at the time what would you use ?
Araz

I do not know what you want to show here .I discuss why should Pak acquire and why Pak is acquring AWAc.Technonolgy defference is reailty thatswhy Pak should acquire AWAc to stop this type of incidents to happen again.

Regarding the second incidence there seems to be more going on behind the scenes than has been told to the public. I agree that it was a shameful day for the defence infra structure, but tell me honestly what would you have done if US had encroached into your airspace. Would you have taken on their response if you had taken one of their planes down. We have a history of being American Poodles and lap dogs. Who in our polity or defence setup would have taken on the wrath of the US had we shot down their fighters/copters.
Also please consider what you have to defend yourself against the US. With your inventory at the time what would you use ?
Araz

With respect sir, I am one of the strongest advocates of our armed forces at my level but after reading your post I am forced to outline the following plan in my mind.

So in this case, better to dissolve a million (approx.) strong forces into labor force with following intentions:
  1. Send them to ME on contracts to earn foreign exchange for Pakistan.
  2. Utilize them to build infrastructure of Pakistan.
  3. Utilize them in factories to increase the production for the sake of trade.
  4. Bring the 'Waderah' system to an end and utilize this force for agricultural purposes.
  5. Funnel all unnecessary expenditures to Health/Education and other sectors of importance.

Don't worry, for borders defense, 'Chowkidar' system from villages could be effectively utilized, they have to guard only the border markings nothing else.

With respect sir, I am one of the strongest advocates of our armed forces at my level but after reading your post I am forced to outline the following plan in my mind.

So in this case, better to dissolve a million (approx.) strong forces into labor force with following intentions:
  1. Send them to ME on contracts to earn foreign exchange for Pakistan.
  2. Utilize them to build infrastructure of Pakistan.
  3. Utilize them in factories to increase the production for the sake of trade.
  4. Bring the 'Waderah' system to an end and utilize this force for agricultural purposes.
  5. Funnel all unnecessary expenditures to Health/Education and other sectors of importance.

Don't worry, for borders defense, 'Chowkidar' system from villages could be effectively utilized, they have to guard only the border markings nothing else.
My friend
One of the disadvantages of not knowing people is that sometimes you do not see the motives behind what they write.
Most of us (myself included) are arm chair generals. With few exceptions we do not know the full facts and base our assumptions on the half baked info that we have.I am also one of these people.
HOWEVERone thing needs to be clear,we all have the betterment of Pakistan on our minds. One would assume that the army has
Regarding the OBL there are a lot of facts that we do not know.Whether they have been hidden from us for securitg reasons or out of sheerhiding of incompetence, one needs to understand that no institution in Pakistan is perfect.We are additionally hampered by an inept and biased government which should really be hung out to dry.It is at the end of the day a political decision as to whether you fight or bow out. In this case it was probably for the better that the armed forces did not intervene as the US retaliation would have been serious and harsh.

73207_558211607528661_2009832394_n.jpg

any one got pics of EREYIE flying. haven't seen them in ages. and where are the ZDK-03s deployed

any one got pics of EREYIE flying. haven't seen them in ages. and where are the ZDK-03s deployed

ZDK-03 = Masroo, Karachi.
Erieye = RIP (Recently, few weeks back, one bird is seen at Chaklala while taxing).

ZDK-03 = Masroo, Karachi.
Erieye = RIP (Recently, few weeks back, one bird is seen at Chaklala while taxing).
Erieye is not RIP...
All are fine except one which is inactive and stored for repair or spare parts scavenging..
Thats 10025 which appeared in Dubai airshow..|That was the the one damaged in terrorist attack..
Only the airframe was damaged in the attack and since PAF bought all the SAAB 2000 secondhand and cheap,it may not have been feasible to get the airframe repaired,and so it was most probably stored for spares scavenging.
If need arises,the Erieye system can be removed from 10025 and fitted in another SAAB 2000.
But looks like PAF is in no hurry.

Erieye is not RIP...
All are fine except one which is stored for repair or spare parts scavenging..
Thats 10025 which appeared in dubai airshow..|That was the the one damaged in terrorist attack..

Ya ya ! sure sure ! ... Thats the Spirit :enjoy:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom