What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

well the trainer dosent really count unless the govt. has decided to convert PAF into an airline.

Trainer? You mean non-AWE&C aircraft without the EW suites and radars. That's called transport version and it would be used for transportation of VIP officers of currently the three services, but latter only PAF and Army, as Navy will get it's own VIP transportation fleet.

well the trainer dosent really count unless the govt. has decided to convert PAF into an airline.

It is a trainer operated by PAF with military registration flown and maintained by the airforce with a PAF rounded. It qualifies IMO. Although yeah, it is 4 AWACS.

Trainer? You mean non-AWE&C aircraft without the EW suites and radars. That's called transport version and it would be used for transportation of VIP officers of currently the three services, but latter only PAF and Army, as Navy will get it's own VIP transportation fleet.

Trainer as in familiarizing the flight crew I believe.

Let's think rationally here. A Saab team is going to come all the way form Sweden for a nose cone (as said by some)? Or is the Saab going to go to Sweden for a nose cone replacement (as being suggested by some others)? I don't think the nose cone would be that much costly as the fuel costs, landing charges, service charges, crew accommodation etc etc.

Is it that much difficult for the PAF to order a replacement nose cone from Saab (considering it didn't already have one beforehand which I doubt, they always have spares), and screw it onto place?

Who said this nose cone thing at the first place? The defence minister at an Iftar party by Iranian consulate!

TAC

These folks usually lie. You shouldn't be surprised!!:lol:

The only official comment ref SAAB was from the defence minister saying that they would be asked to check the repair. All the rest like SAAB team at Kamra etc etc is based on anonymous posters on forums like this without even a single media source as backup -- not worth repeating or commenting on.

With regard to your view that the PAF spokesman was lieing -- I also asked if the PAF ACM, defence minister and independant, knowledgables like Shahid Lateef were also lieing / part of the conspiracy. The fact is that there is zero proof to back anything other than the official version. ie damage to nose cone of one aircraft which will be repaired. I am sure that Indian members will be disappointed with this and continue to hope for more to it.

it is not a transport aircraft. its primary role is as a training ac for the flight crews to learn and to familiarize them with the operation envelop and the characteristics of the saab 2000, before they are transferred to the awacs.
transport if at best a secondary role.

All three services have their own VIP sqd. (and have had it as long as i can remember) and very rarely if ever share them.
-PA VIP sqd. is based out of Qasim aviation base pindi (formerly known as dhamyal air base) and has both fixed and rotary elements in it. the fixed wing ac include both both prop and jet engine ac.
-PAF VIP sqd. is based at chaklala afb in pindi. it too has both fixed and and some rotary elements in it (just for the PAF high officals). is the biggest and the most wide ranging of all the vip sqd. on account of the fact that it also services the president and the P.M. the fixed wing elements of the sqd. range from wide body ac like the A-310 to business jets like gulf stream g4.
-for rotary the president and the P.M use the prime ministers sqd. based out of islamabad (near the sports complex). it is manned by PAA personal.
-Naval Vip sqd. is based out of mahran airbase khi. it has both fixed and some rotary elements. it also serves as naval transport.

You have just joined the forum, hardly 5 posts are in your account. You have no right to target any member, especially who has been on the forum for a far longer period.

Learn to respect others and their views, even if they may have flaws or not match your opinion. Be professional and mature and then talk over it.

lol the post was mine but the username was not mine, how you did it man?????????? amazed !!! some viral function, hacking or what????????:woot:

lol the post was mine but the username was not mine, how you did it man?????????? amazed !!! some viral function, hacking or what????????:woot:

Seriously. Must be because of website hack, the profile was of a person showing join date of that day and 5 posts in his account..

Seriously. Must be because of website hack, the profile was of a person showing join date of that day and 5 posts in his account..

seems like to be the case, next time i must be careful. and if some pathetic posts appear next time be sure its not me rather some secret hand behind the scenes ;)

on a serious note whenever i open defence.pk and scroll up or down something suddenly blinks on the screen, has that got to do with some malfunction with the website because i am not facing such thing opening or scrolling other sites

same happens when i scroll down, figuring out what might cause this? hmm

Foreign Military Sale: Pakistan

E-2C Hawkeye 2000 Airborne Early Warning Suite for P-3s

Washington (SPX) Dec 12 - The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Pakistan for refurbishment and modification of three excess P-3 aircraft with the E-2C HAWKEYE 2000 Airborne Early Warning (AEW) Suite, as well as associated equipment and services. The total value, if all options are exercised, could be as high as $855million.

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale for refurbishment and modification of three excess P-3 aircraft with the E-2C HAWKEYE 2000 Airborne Early Warning (AEW) Suite, spare and repairs parts, simulators, support equipment, personnel training and training equipment, publications and technical data, system software development and installation, ground/flight testing of new systems and system modifications, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $855 million.

This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country that has been and continues to be an important force for economic progress in South Asia and a partner in the global war on terrorism. The command-and-control capabilities of these aircraft will improve Pakistan's ability to restrict the littoral movement of terrorists along Pakistan's southern border and ensure Pakistan's overall ability to maintain integrity of its borders.

Pakistan intends to use the proposed equipment to develop an effective air defense network for its naval forces and provide an AEW surveillance and enhanced command, control, and communications capability. The addition of the AEW suites will provide Pakistan with search surveillance, and control capability in support of maritime interdiction operations. These aircraft will also increase Pakistan's ability to support the U.S. Operation Enduring Freedom operations, and provide anti-ship and anti-submarine warfare capabilities; and a control capability over land against transnational terrorists and narcotics smugglers. The modernization will enhance the capabilities of the Pakistani Navy and support its regional influence and meet its legitimate self-defense needs. Pakistan will have no difficulty absorbing the AEW platform into its armed forces.

The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not affect the basic military balance in the region.

The prime contractor will be Northrop Grumman Corporation, St. Augustine, Florida and Lockheed-Martin, Greenville, South Carolina. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.

Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any U.S. Government and contractor representatives to Pakistan.

Foreign Military Sale: Pakistan

E-2C Hawkeye 2000 Airborne Early Warning Suite for P-3s

Washington (SPX) Dec 12 - The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Pakistan for refurbishment and modification of three excess P-3 aircraft with the E-2C HAWKEYE 2000 Airborne Early Warning (AEW) Suite, as well as associated equipment and services. The total value, if all options are exercised, could be as high as $855million.

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale for refurbishment and modification of three excess P-3 aircraft with the E-2C HAWKEYE 2000 Airborne Early Warning (AEW) Suite, spare and repairs parts, simulators, support equipment, personnel training and training equipment, publications and technical data, system software development and installation, ground/flight testing of new systems and system modifications, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $855 million.

This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country that has been and continues to be an important force for economic progress in South Asia and a partner in the global war on terrorism. The command-and-control capabilities of these aircraft will improve Pakistan's ability to restrict the littoral movement of terrorists along Pakistan's southern border and ensure Pakistan's overall ability to maintain integrity of its borders.

Pakistan intends to use the proposed equipment to develop an effective air defense network for its naval forces and provide an AEW surveillance and enhanced command, control, and communications capability. The addition of the AEW suites will provide Pakistan with search surveillance, and control capability in support of maritime interdiction operations. These aircraft will also increase Pakistan's ability to support the U.S. Operation Enduring Freedom operations, and provide anti-ship and anti-submarine warfare capabilities; and a control capability over land against transnational terrorists and narcotics smugglers. The modernization will enhance the capabilities of the Pakistani Navy and support its regional influence and meet its legitimate self-defense needs. Pakistan will have no difficulty absorbing the AEW platform into its armed forces.

The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not affect the basic military balance in the region.

The prime contractor will be Northrop Grumman Corporation, St. Augustine, Florida and Lockheed-Martin, Greenville, South Carolina. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.

Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any U.S. Government and contractor representatives to Pakistan.

Although getting free of cost P-3Cs from US means that they will be used mainly for US desired roles and Also heard that PN has ordered about 2 EX-Airliner with MPA equipment to be fitted in it. It was far better for the PN to have looked towards the Saab-2000 to equipped the Navy for about 7-11 Saab-2000 MPAs and 2-3 Saab-2000 AEW&Cs and PAF would have 5 Saab-2000 AEW&Cs and 1-3 Saab-2000 Transport. We can buy from airliners on cheaper bases as they wanted to replace it.

Even GoP operates some: Saab 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PAF: Saab 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So getting a good numbers means we will be able to gain over haul facility at PAC Kamra. And even can utilize it for transport.

I don't get it, why go for P-3 AWACS? P-3 probably means for the PN, why does PN need AWACS?

ZDK and Saab are already enough.

BTW, could you post the link for your post.

Although getting free of cost P-3Cs from US means that they will be used mainly for US desired roles and Also heard that PN has ordered about 2 EX-Airliner with MPA equipment to be fitted in it. It was far better for the PN to have looked towards the Saab-2000 to equipped the Navy for about 7-11 Saab-2000 MPAs and 2-3 Saab-2000 AEW&Cs and PAF would have 5 Saab-2000 AEW&Cs and 1-3 Saab-2000 Transport. We can buy from airliners on cheaper bases as they wanted to replace it.

Even GoP operates some: Saab 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PAF: Saab 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So getting a good numbers means we will be able to gain over haul facility at PAC Kamra. And even can utilize it for transport.

The reason PN is looking into ATRs as a replacement for Fokkers MPAs is that their maintenance and overhaul facilities already exist with PIA. This was a condition in the original PN tender which limited the options to ATR 42 and CN 235s. Good choice in my opinion. Saab 2000 is to small for this role. MPAs cannot be used as transports. Pakistan has a three tiered martime surveillance structure. P3Cs at the top end, Fokkers/ATRs in the middle and Norman Islanders at the lower. P3Cs are very expensive to operate on a 24/7 basis especially in peace time.

The reason PN is looking into ATRs as a replacement for Fokkers MPAs is that their maintenance and overhaul facilities already exist with PIA. This was a condition in the original PN tender which limited the options to ATR 42 and CN 235s. Good choice in my opinion. Saab 2000 is to small for this role. MPAs cannot be used as transports. Pakistan has a three tiered martime surveillance structure. P3Cs at the top end, Fokkers/ATRs in the middle and Norman Islanders at the lower. P3Cs are very expensive to operate on a 24/7 basis especially in peace time.

Sir I mean to say that:
7 SAAB 2000 AEW&Cs for PAF
7 SAAB 2000 Transport for PAF/Pak Military

2-3 Saab 340 for MSA/Coast Guards
2-3 SAAB 2000 AEW&Cs for PN
11 SAAB 2000 MPA for PN

2-3 Saab 340 for Pak Army

7-11 for PIA if we were able to convince it in 2003-04 and confirm the deal with Saab and its operators.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom