What's new

Pakistanis Complete Education at Higher Rates Than Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend - I have seen reports of various police forces, who are aware that "perverts" who are prevented by strict law enforcement in their own countries - have been known to go to india - because of the corruption their.
if you say that, then don't you know that with money you can buy anything in Pakistan when compared to India.
Just don't say that we have corruption and all your people are saints who do not see, hear or speak of bad anti social things.

African students favour India over Europe and US

Ahmed Hussain, who hails from Sudan, feels completely at home as he pursues English at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in New Delhi. He is all praise for his course and says, "Ours is a sweet and small batch."

"We hang out a lot on the JNU campus, which is vast and really beautiful in the evenings. We chat about many different things and now I am assimilated," said Hussain, who is here on an Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) scholarship.

It is impossible to ignore the presence of African students on Indian campuses - there are over 1,500 African students in the country on government funded programmes alone.

Quality education, working parents in India, scholarships, and friendly people are what attracts them to the Indian education system.

"India is academically strong along with being economical which is not the case with the US and EU. In India, English is a spoken second language whereas for us it is a foreign language. Therefore, the teachers here have a better understanding and command over the language," said Hussain.

Hussain is here with hopes and dreams. He has a lot to achieve and is hoping his masters degree will help him support his family back home.

"My younger brother dropped out of school and began working to pay for my studies. He sacrificed his future for me. So now it is my turn to do something for them and I am grateful to ICCR for the scholarship awarded to me," Hussain told IANS.

ICCR awards 1,804 such scholarships to international students every year as an initiative to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other nations.

For 22-year-old Jerry Bidi who arrived in India from Congo in 2006 along with his embassy-employed parents, India is the place to be. He is a French student at JNU after completing an honours degree in commerce from Delhi University.

Being a native French speaker, although he is disappointed at the teaching quality, he is gung-ho about India.

Bidi told IANS: "I am attending the classes just to obtain a diploma in French. The teacher cannot speak French well. But India is great. People are good and I like living here more than in Congo. I have been here long enough to know that.

"I have made good friends here and this feels like home."

For John Christian, who is from Windchoek, Namibia, and is pursuing a masters in economics at JNU, it is travelling and sports that fascinate him the most about India.

"I like the cultural versatility here and that is unique to India. I have travelled a lot in and around Delhi and down south to Goa. It is fun and also great learning experience."

Christian enjoys playing football. "We have a team and we are people from all over the world and that adds to the fun of the game," he said.

The flagship Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) programme brings dozens of Africans to India each year, and over 10,000 students are attending private institutes across the country.

"India is economically a very viable country with regard to the fee structure and also the living expense is less compared to Europe or the US and the quality of education and facilities are no less than what you will get in any developed country.

"Besides, we have the Commonwealth connection which again helps and ours is a free society and one can move around freely without being questioned. Above all we are an English speaking country," said professor Ajay Kumar Dubey, chairperson, Centre for African Studies, JNU.

http://www.dnaindia.com/academy/report_african-students-favour-india-over-europe-and-us_1378211

Then why are droves of indians camped out on PDF, there is no similar rush to indian websites, proves my contention that the average indian is obsessed and has an inferiority complex about Pakistanis.

what about the chinese, vietnamese, americans, turks? do they have inferiority complex too?

Do u know why this website has so many indians?

Just google anything defence related to india, u will get ur answer

so BS

You have loadshedding almost entire day

ask the author to visit Indian airports and especially T3 , probabbly one of the best in Asia

poverty in pakistan is 43 %,,, and beggers all over pakistani streets..and its a fact

Yeah we all know bigger mansion for middle class citizens of pakistan likely OSama bin laden

and last, link please??

William Dalrymple on Pakistan and India | TechLahore

Putting the blithering idiots in the western media in their place, William Dalrymple, celebrated scholar on South Asia and author of numerous best sellers, such as The Last Moghul and White Moghuls, talked about the differences between Pakistan and India as part of a recently held IQ2 discussion forum.
Dalrymple has been living in India for 20 years and has visited Pakistan on numerous occasions. I was unfortunate to have missed his last series of talks in Lahore, connected with the launch of his most recent book. Suffice to say, his first-hand knowledge of the sub continent is uncontested.
He goes on to talk about the infrastructure in India and Pakistan and says that he finds Pakistan far more developed in this area. He praises Pakistani roads and airports, calling
them “infinitely better” than those in India. Talking on security, Mr. Dalrymple says that he felt completely safe in Pakistan and other than FATA and some areas in the Frontier, “you can go anywhere… drive anywhere” and be completely safe.

I have been to india, and to see the poverty is heart breaking, even though I am not a well-wisher of the indian state, to see thousands of wretched people is un-describable

William Dalrymple on Pakistan and India | TechLahore

Putting the blithering idiots in the western media in their place, William Dalrymple, celebrated scholar on South Asia and author of numerous best sellers, such as The Last Moghul and White Moghuls, talked about the differences between Pakistan and India as part of a recently held IQ2 discussion forum.
Dalrymple has been living in India for 20 years and has visited Pakistan on numerous occasions. I was unfortunate to have missed his last series of talks in Lahore, connected with the launch of his most recent book. Suffice to say, his first-hand knowledge of the sub continent is uncontested.
He goes on to talk about the infrastructure in India and Pakistan and says that he finds Pakistan far more developed in this area. He praises Pakistani roads and airports, calling
them “infinitely better” than those in India. Talking on security, Mr. Dalrymple says that he felt completely safe in Pakistan and other than FATA and some areas in the Frontier, “you can go anywhere… drive anywhere” and be completely safe.

I have been to india, and to see the poverty is heart breaking, even though I am not a well-wisher of the indian state, to see thousands of wretched people is un-describable

lol, just suck up to this BS author just like your own riaz haq...even you know that India has best Infra in South Asia...and have less poverty (in %) than paksitan...you don't even have basic electricity in even cities like islamabad..and i in Delhi have 24 hr electricity supply and same is the case of many Indian cities.....this proves that how much jealous the author is...

ps: i don't care what some techlahore prints :lol: they all know how pakistan is in terms of even basic infrastructure

lol, just suck up to this BS author just like your own riaz haq...even you know that India has best Infra in South Asia...and have less poverty (in %) than paksitan...you don't even have basic electricity in even cities like islamabad..and i in Delhi have 24 hr electricity supply and same is the case of many Indian cities.....this proves that how much jealous the author is...

ps: i don't care what some techlahore prints :lol: they all know how pakistan is in terms of even basic infrastructure

My friend india has nearly 80% of it's population on less than half a dollar a day, rather than work hard to alleviate that wretched poverty - you are here on a Pakistani forum trying to show your better than us, proves that many indians have an inferiority complex.

Foreign Students Put India on the Global Education Map

Sixty years after it attained independence, India boasts of 310 universities and 16,000 colleges offering the widest spectrum of courses. Its centers of higher learning like the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are global brandnames.

Adding to the quality of education is the fact that English is the generally accepted mode of teaching and living standards are economical - attracting thousands of students from at least 100 countries.

A large number of students come to India from countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Ethiopia, Fiji, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Ghana, Lebanon, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria and even the US.

"They (the global populace) look at the Indian education system with trust," said Educational Consultants India Limited (Ed. CIL), a body under the Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry.

"India is today recognised as a world centre for education. Indian entrepreneurs are making waves throughout the world. Their ideas, technical knowledge and entrepreneurship have yielded unprecedented growth in income, employment and wealth. The credit goes to the sound and practical educational foundation they have received in India," they said.

It's a rapidly increasing phenomenon.

A case in point is southern Karnataka's Mysore University where at least 1,200 foreign students study, up from only 150 four years ago.

Vice Chancellor J. Shashidhara Prasad attributes the spurt to the IT revolution and India's economy that is growing at over nine percent.

"The quality education provided by many universities in our country is increasingly getting noticed. When I became the vice chancellor, there were around 150 foreign students. The trend is growing."

Of course, it's a lot to do with the arithmetic of education as well.

The Mysore University, for instance, offers an MBA degree for Rs.150,000 (approx $3,750) as against $12,000 to $15,000 in Europe, Australia or in the US.

Director of the prestigious IIM-Ahmedabad Bakul H. Dholakia disclosed that his institute had student exchange programmes with 50 others in the world.

"Yes, India is becoming a global destination of education. Our education is at par with any major institute of the world. Our students are increasingly getting global attention and job offers and this is a good yardstick of our quality.

"Currently, IIM-A has student exchange programmes with exactly 50 institutes across the continents. Some students stay in our campus to pursue a fulltime one-year MBA programme. India is progressing and there is no full stop," Dholakia said.

Tyler William Walker from the US perhaps best represents the trend of students from a developed country opting for India.

Walker, who is doing his M.Phil in Hindi from New Delhi's Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), said: "I came to India first as an exchange student during my stint at California University and then joined JNU for a full time course in Hindi. While students from developing countries come to India to get quality education because it costs less, students from developed nations come for variety."

Williams, who is vice president of the university's student union, is only one of eight American students in JNU.

"The culture, the languages and even the social set up of India attract students here," he said, adding that there were only two students from the US three years ago.

For Shadi Sarrokhyani from Iran, who is doing her PhD in English Literature from JNU, the Indian experience is "amazing".

"India's quality of education and relatively cheap costs not to mention the secure socio political situation in the country are the primary reasons for an increasing number of students coming to India," she said.

"I have been in India for more than seven years and it has been a unique experience. The democratic way of living and the rich culture of the country have helped us cope with the course curriculum," said the student, who came to India through a scholarship provided by the India Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR).

Though she applied through the Indian embassy in Tehran, Shadi said many in her country were paying their way through and JNU alone had 30 students from Iran.

Added Tasazul Ali from Syria, who has been in the Indian capital for the last two years pursuing a Masters in Computer Application (MCA) at the Jamia Hamdard University: "Some of my friends were studying here and they told me about the facilities available. I came to India on their recommendation and I am very impressed."

Khalid Abdallah from Sudan who has pursued various degrees from various universities in India estimates that there are around 3,000 students from his country in Hyderabad, 800 in Pune, 400 in Bangalore and 200 in Chennai.

ED.CIL said the global recognition of Indian education is helping the cause of Indian students as well. "The courses and professionals trained in Indian educational institutes are recognised the world over - 200 of the Fortune 500 companies regularly participate in campus placements in Indian institutions," the body said.

Foreign Students Put India on the Global Education Map by Prashant K. Nanda

Secondary(Total).......40.7..........34.6

Secondary(Completed)...0.9...........22.5

There is some mistakes in the figure it indicates 39.8% drop rate. This is impossible. Also it does not match the indian statistical figure. I am in education domain figures of Orissa alone are greater than 0.9% (of total indian students). There are around 1 million students completing education from this state each year.

I request other to kindly check and verify the authenticy before doing further discussion based on this figures.

My friend india has nearly 80% of it's population on less than half a dollar a day, rather than work hard to alleviate that wretched poverty - you are here on a Pakistani forum trying to show your better than us, proves that many indians have an inferiority complex.

earlier i thought you were in 2007 but now i see you are stuck in 70s..
millions join middle class in india every year :)

80%, where did you get this from, any source will very helpful to know that we are poorer then Africa.

Riaz haq has inferiority complex that he drag India in every garbage he posts..regarding India..poverty is some 30% and its about to be 24% by 2015 (according to UN)

India's poverty rate may 'fall' to 24% by 2015 - Rediff.com Business

but poverty in pakistan is 43% and increasing at alarming rate..

here is your own website

Pakistan Poverty increased to an astonishing 43 Percent

http://www.marketwatch.pk/news/paki...overty-increased-to-an-astonishing-43-percent
Data from the finance ministry suggest that nearly 75% of the population lives very close to the poverty line and very small changes can push very large numbers of people below it,

so lets analyze the situation of pakistn: poor economy, increasing poverty rate, lack of even basic infrastructure, high illiteracy, daily suicide bombing, daily violence, poor image, always listed in failed state list, daily kidnapping of forigners, no tourists, poor education institute, etc...

its so hard ...take care

earlier i thought you were in 2007 but now i see you are stuck in 70s..
millions join middle class in india every year :)

I have been to india in the last 2 years, and I am afraid to say, the poverty is as bad as it ever was, it made one humble to see people rooting around in rubbish dumps looking for a morsel to eat.

Pakistan

Pakistan has a fairly robust contribution to the CERN :pakistan:

Co-operation with Pakistan was pioneered by CMS, and has expanded continuously over the past 15 years to include ALICE and ATLAS as well as to the accelerator sector (SPL (Linac4) and CLIC), making Pakistan a significant partner for CERN. For CMS, Pakistan built the Magnet feet, contributed to the Tracker alignment, and built and installed 320 Resistive Plate Chambers (RPC), as well as contributing to CMS computing, the WLCG and data analysis. Pakistan has also built various mechanical components for ATLAS and for the LHC.

My friend india has nearly 80% of it's population on less than half a dollar a day
Let's just call it a 100%. Why not eh? Pakistani "estimates" keep getting higher. Not surprising.

rather than work hard to alleviate that wretched poverty - you are here on a Pakistani forum trying to show your better than us, proves that many indians have an inferiority complex.
*Cough* *Cough*

This thread was started by none other than your very own beloved RiazHaq. Why is he comparing ever so rich Pakistan with 1.2 billion poor "wretched" people?

Beats me.

Riaz haq has inferiority complex that he drag India in every garbage he posts..regarding India..poverty is some 30% and its about to be 24% by 2015 (according to UN)

India's poverty rate may 'fall' to 24% by 2015 - Rediff.com Business

but poverty in pakistan is 43% and increasing at alarming rate..

here is your own website

Pakistan Poverty increased to an astonishing 43 Percent

Pakistan Poverty increased to an astonishing 43 Percent - MarketWatch.pk
Data from the finance ministry suggest that nearly 75% of the population lives very close to the poverty line and very small changes can push very large numbers of people below it,

so lets analyze the situation of pakistn: poor economy, increasing poverty rate, lack of even basic infrastructure, high illiteracy, daily suicide bombing, daily violence, poor image, always listed in failed state list, daily kidnapping of forigners, no tourists, poor education institute, etc...

its so hard ...take care

Aug 10 (Reuters) - Seventy-seven percent of Indians -- about 836 million people -- live on less than half a dollar a day in one of the world's hottest economies, a government report said.

Nearly 80 pct of India lives on half dollar a day | Reuters

There is some mistakes in the figure it indicates 39.8% drop rate. This is impossible. Also it does not match the indian statistical figure. I am in education domain figures of Orissa alone are greater than 0.9% (of total indian students). There are around 1 million students completing education from this state each year.

I request other to kindly check and verify the authenticy before doing further discussion based on this figures.

seriously man, why are you debating with riazhaq..uski rozi roti ka sawaal hai...all pakistani wait for his blogs eagerly..ek yahi to hai their fake source of happiness otherwise you know what all BBC and CNN post on their site...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom