What's new

Pakistanis Complete Education at Higher Rates Than Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clearly, this report you refer to is at odds with multiple other sources, including Barro and Lee, UNDP, and a recent Newsweek ranking.

Titled "Real Wealth of Nations: Pathways to Human Development", the UNDP report had a global launch and was released at the UN in New York by UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon last year.

According to the report, mean years of schooling in India is 4.4 years while in Pakistan and Bangladesh it is 4.9 and 4.8 years respectively.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan Ahead of India on Key Human Development Indices

The Aug 23 & 30, 2010 issue of Newsweek had a cover story titled "The Best Country in he World is...". It ranked top 100 nations of he world based on education, health, quality of life, economy and politics. On education, Newsweek ranked Pakistan 86 and India 88 among 100 nations it included.

Interactive Infographic of the World's Best Countries - The Daily Beast

Clearly, they have India's data for 2000, 2005 and 2010, as I shared with you. So they must have had access to more data than the Indian education census of 1991.

Well am guessing they extrapolated the completion data from 1991. It clearly mentions in the appendix that 1991 census is the last data they have from Indian Census. And here's what it says on their website,

These data points are used as benchmark figures on educational attainment. For the estimation of missing observations, we use enrolment rates and population by age group from the UIS database and UN population database, respectively.

Here's newer data from World Bank uptil 2005. I ll do the maths for you later on. The new Indian Census data will be out soon too.

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/EDUCATION/Resources/278200-1121703274255/1439264-1193249163062/India_CountrySummary.pdf

Well am guessing they extrapolated the completion data from 1991. It clearly mentions in the appendix that 1991 census is the last data they have from Indian Census. And here's what it says on their website,

Here's newer data from World Bank uptil 2005. I ll do the maths for you later on. The new Indian Census data will be out soon too.

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/EDUCATION/Resources/278200-1121703274255/1439264-1193249163062/India_CountrySummary.pdf

This world bank report appears to be older than the Barro and Lee report that came out late last year.

A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010

How did i know what would become of this thread. Both sides just love to have a dig at the other side and get a rye smile out of it. How childish can men get? Look comparing India and Pakistan isnt easy due to the vast sizes of population involved. Secondly we can say that both sides need to work at improving the figures. THE END

How did i know what would become of this thread. Both sides just love to have a dig at the other side and get a rye smile out of it. How childish can men get? Look comparing India and Pakistan isnt easy due to the vast sizes of population involved. Secondly we can say that both sides need to work at improving the figures. THE END

Not having a dig mate, just talking about the currency of the data used and how valid the comparison is.

OK. So what if Pakistani students have exceeded in one specific aspect. Has it helped Pakistani economy become less dependent on AID? Have we become 1000 times more prosperous than Indians. Has our cities like Karachi more peaceful than comparable cities in India?

Statistical comparisons should have some purpose. Otherwise they are just boasting, bunch of hot-air.

Mr. riaz even if pakistan is doing something better than india ., lets say just for assumption , why do you always have to make a comparison with India ?

It only means that Pakistanis have set India as a benchmark and you only set a benchmark when you consider that as having an overall higher standard than yours .

India does the same with China and China probably does with USA .

There can be no other reason. Anyways ,nice to know Pakistanis even though they will never admit it have set india as a benchmark to compare themselves with and that they look up to India or else you would not have compared Pakistan with India in all your blog articles.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Pakistan's Education system is very inadequate.
[/QUOTE

Oh my god . They can't even write properly simple words even in urdu . Are they counted as literate in Pakistan ? No wonder .Poor kids .

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Its not about when the report came out, its about what data has been used. If I publish a report tomorrow based on data from 1990 and if someone published a report a month earlier based on data from 2005 which one will be more reliable?

The one from that uses data from 2005 . :agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
More indiaNs enrolling but More pakiS passing out. HOW ? By Jihadi guns shooting OUT of the way the teacher examiners in pakistan ?
u should control u trolling instincts.............i think you have digestive problem thats why u can not digest the healthy discussion..
TREATMENT= :butcher:

Another Epic thread by Riaz haq!

His whole life is dedicating in proving Pakistan is better then India in everything!

For ex:-

Pakistans education system better then Indian!!

Pakistan economy doing better then INDIA.

Pakistanis spends more then Indians!

Karachi stock exchange better then Mumbai stock exchange!

Indian economy will crash in 2011 end! (My fav one :D)

Heck! Pakistan is doing better then BRIC let India aloneeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys Guys Guys!@Indian members...Lets agree to disagree here :agree:

Yes we totally agree Pakistan is better then India in each everything :agree: Peaceeeeeeeeeeeee!!
(Enjoy the Blog:tup:)

LMAO!!

What is the percentage of Phd holders in both countries?

Karachi stock exchange better then Mumbai stock exchange!

No the web site of Mumbai stock exchange is better and more informative to the investor than of Karachi. Mumbai stock exchange site shows many curves to the investor free like MACD curve, but Kaeachi's web site is not that much updated.

If it is so then good for Pakistan.

Education brings prosperity..........

How much prosperity have been brought to the land of pure (Pakistan). The data can be shown so as to mislead. Observation by two peoples can not be termed as facts.

I dont know about Pakistan's education system, but let me tell you about Indian

1. Doctors- Postgraduate 16,500 let alone MBBS, BAMS, BDS, BHMS, Physiotherapy. ( By the way many my pakistani brothers and sisters come to India for treatment and we would keep on welcoming them and benefiting them)
2. Engineers- 2388 degree-granting engineering colleges in India, with an intake capacity 8.2 lakh students per anum , 1,244 polytechnics with an annual intake of 265,000 per anum. Many of them build satellites, automobiles, structures, softwares, In NASA, Microsoft, IBM.
3. Management- 1231 management institutes, with an annual intake capacity of 1.5 lakh students.
4. 1137 MCA, 1001 Pharmacy, 86 HMCT, 11 Applied arts and crafts, and 285 PGDM institutes approved by AICTE.
5. India accounts for about 10% of all expenditure on research and development in Asia, the number of scientific publications grew by 45% over the past five years. India has 140 researchers per 1,000,000 population (I am one of them). the number of publications by Indian scientists is characterized by some of the fastest growth rates among major countries. India, together with China, Iran and Brazil are the only developing countries among 31 nations with 97.5% of the world's total scientific productivity.
6. About PhDs, Indian has a substantial number of them, but are prety less compared to China and US. About post doctret, there are few. In my organization of 400+ scientist, there are 40 PhD scientist and atleast 4 post doc ones. (for post doc you have to percive it outside India and is costly buisness) Even in India PhD take around 3-4 years minimum.
7. About Arts and commers, CAs, advocates, there are lot of them (not CAs not in huge amount).

Allthough India has problems for having less number of students graduating, but no one should question the quality and might of Indian illectual property. I am scientist and I am from a village which produced number of other good professionals.

regards

Education must be much harder in India then Pakistan.

I know some 14 yr old kids in India, learning Java already and know ok English.

India education is certainly more tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom