What's new

Pakistani students envy Indians, as Imran khan did nothing to evacuate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gangum Chodum Sundrum

On a serious note we must respect their cultural religious beliefs... we have NO Right to judge their practices!

Please, think of the most of the IndianPosters who use the said stuff on daily basis... so when we react they become super charged because of their rude health...

I am against banning them... there are other ways to reprimand...

the Indians should be allowed to freely Indian on PDF... banning them is actually given them more powers...

@waz o yara, you have your brothers here to do the right thing...why you bring yourself to .... anyhow, you axed the little bugger... shouldn't have...but since it is your moderation decision..we all respect it!

Where is BullyKutta when you need one... Phen di sister!

Who has been axed?

In comparison, Pakistan is yet to acquire these PCR kits necessary for spot diagnosis and quarantine/isolation facilities pending which the only logical step would have been to leave them stranded.

You used to post verifiable albeit rabidly anti-Pakistani rhetoric. Now you have given up on trying to retain a veneer of credibility hence your true intentions come to the surface.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...t-coronavirus-detection-kits-from-japan-today

Pakistan is more than capable of conducting PCR in Pakistani labs and we know how to order kits from international partners. Pakistani medical facilities are top notch in terms of access to technology. I can state this clearly and from first hand experience.

Yes - an outbreak would be problematic because of Pakistan's status as a densely populated third world nation. India has similar limitations.

But as for diagnostics and PCR kits and Pakistani microbiologist expertise, we have no problem thanks for your concerns.

As I have advised Pakistanis before, don't fall for the traps laid for you by the usual suspects from the east.

Pakistan is more than capable of conducting PCR in Pakistani labs and we know how to order kits from international partners.
The article you shared explicitly mentions that untill yesterday Pakistan had no way to conduct NAT for nCoV. Kits have just arrived, it will probably take a couple of days to set things in motion. Anyway, with PCR kits available now it will be look worse now if your Government remains adamant about keeping your citizens languishing in China.

Lol. Here is the mod everyone who couldn't control himself. Threatening to ban for he couldn't take simple criticism. The user didn't even use objectionable language but he still can't take it.
@Dubious @jaibi @PakistaniJunior @Arsalan 345 @That Guy

You thought that by quoting me here, i'll say something in your defense. You're clearly a troll so please don't tag me again.

On topic, I'll probably feel restless in a situation like those students as well. But the risk of an outbreak happening in Pakistan would be disastrous. We don't have the same equipment as China to deal with the situation , and for a deadly virus that does not show symptoms for at least 10-14 days, it's way too risky. A hard decision, but i support the decision of not evacuating them for now.

My prayers go to them. Hopefully none of them gets infected.

True , US made a mistake , UK made a mistake , Bangladesh made a mistake , Canada made a mistake

All of these citizen are in either military bases or quarantines in their respective countries where they plan to spend the next month in isolation. The virus can also spread through the quarantine and that would only worsen the situation in my opinion. There are multiple Pakistani citizen sharing videos on social media saying that they are okay in China and they understand the fact that they are not being repatriated because of the fears of spreading of the virus.

Yes - an outbreak would be problematic because of Pakistan's status as a densely populated third world nation. India has similar limitations.
Based on the epidemiology of SARS and MERS, a large-scale outbreak on the scale of orthomyxoviruses epidemics seems very unlikely. What's more likely though is for those Pakistanis in China to contract the disease. Healthy individuals with normal serology and PCR should not be made to stay in China against their wishes. That is a blatant violation of their human rights, something that would cause a commotion in most countries.

The article you shared explicitly mentions that untill yesterday Pakistan had no way to conduct NAT for nCoV. Kits have just arrived, it will probably take a couple of days to set things in motion. Anyway, with PCR kits available now it will be look worse now if your Government remains adamant about keeping your citizens languishing in China.
I have addressed your "concerns" about Pakistani citizens "languishing" in China. On balance it is better to watch and wait for now. The situation will no doubt be reassessed daily or thereabouts. The maximum extent of the incubation period is not definitely known so early in the outbreak history. It is a gamble to quarantine asymptomatic returnees for just two weeks. Pakistan is not taking that gamble - fair enough.

What if the period is longer and India releases asymptomatic returnees after just two weeks because of Modi's stupid vote grabbing for short term brownie points, then someone gets ill in some urban metropolis after 3 weeks?

As per forum rules threads should not be opened based on a single tweet without any information.. Such threads as this one are seen as trolling.

The plight of 1 student is written as PAKISTANI STUDENTS?!

Based on the epidemiology of SARS and MERS, a large-scale outbreak on the scale of orthomyxoviruses epidemics seems very unlikely. What's more likely though is for those Pakistanis in China to contract the disease. Healthy individuals with normal serology and PCR should not be made to stay in China against their wishes. That is a blatant violation of their human rights, something that would cause a commotion in most countries.
Mortality rate isn't as high as for SARS or MERS and the guys in Wuhan are young and fit without comorbidities. In other words they would likely survive unscathed even if infected as long as they're treated. From a public health perspective, the risk of transmission to an entire population of folks of varying age and morbidity is regarded as too great and outweighs the risk of these students/workers remaining in China and potentially contracting the virus because they were told to stay there.

Let's wait and see.

Healthy individuals with normal serology and PCR should not be made to stay in China against their wishes. That is a blatant violation of their human rights, something that would cause a commotion in most countries.
Oh sod off.
https://www.who.int/ith/2019-nCoV_advice_for_international_traffic/en/
"Temperature screening to detect potential suspect cases at Point of Entry may miss travellers incubating the disease or travellers concealing fever during travel and may require substantial investments."

What if the period is longer and India releases asymptomatic returnees after just two weeks because of Modi's stupid vote grabbing for short term brownie points,
That is the very reason real time PCR tests are being conducted, serological tests make take a while to show the antibodies. Basics are simple, if one is infected with the CoV there will be viremia which will show up on PCR. Incubation period has nothing to do with it, and there may be asymptomatic carriers as well that transmit the virus. Perhaps your policymakers should listen to the healthcare professionals in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom