What's new

Pakistani products selling like hot cakes at India trade fair

While living abroad, I experienced the following incidents which made me feel very proud:

1) I was looking for a sharp small scissor, I went to a nearest Chinese shop and asked the owner. She showed me many models but all looked very poor quality. I asked dont worry about price, just show me the best quality. She said okay and gave me one model. Just holding it felt like solid, sharp piece. I thought its some German tool. I looked @ the label and was pleasently surprised to see that it was made in Sialkot :D

2) For rice; I went to a desi shop. It was run by a Bangali guy. I asked him for Basmati Rice. He showed me some Indian varieties. I didnt know which one was better so I asked him just give me the best one. He said sure and pulled out a Pakistani Basmati rice Bag. I looked at the other products and he had all Pakistani Masalas stuffed on all the shelves :D

Can't say about scissors (German & Japanese are the best)...but yes, Pakistani Basmati rice has a great quality.

another toilet media article..the fact is that traders will thank anyone willing to but i am sick of this indian mentality of twisting and manipulating facts into showing itself as surpeme and Pakistan as some dirty backyard country. An average life in Pakistan even as of now is 10 times better than india..and cleaner too..

ohh and look at the national Indian talent of thanking each other retarded posts..spirit of brotherhood indeed!

why are u always so defensive and insecure,. I have a lot of friends from Pakistan and all of them are very nice and kind hearted.( and I am as Indian as anyone else out there )

It's good news, we should increase more business and people to people contact. The more people meet each other the better they know, right now both sides have lot of misconceptions.

Biryani-Masala111.jpg

And don't pretend it's alien to the Indian market:

Shan Masala? - Sulekha food Forums

xD

I don't think he is pretending. In South India, the masalas are very different from the north. I come from Bangalore and I have never seen this masala in any store that we used to buy groceries from. Im sure its the same story in the east and west, must be popular in Delhi and Punjab but rest of India, I seriously doubt so not a suprise if many of us have not heard about this in India

I long for the day when deterrent between Pakistan and India is trade, not nuclear weapons. It hurts to see how people advocate war between India and Pakistan, what they don't understand are the severe consequences of the bloody war.

It is true...wise words

during deadly floods when we lost crops in Pakistan we decided to buy potatoes from India by paying hard cash but do you know this self-perception by Indians was here as your fellow country men were saying Pakistan should thank India for potato aid :lol:

i mean it was simple trade we paid and you sold a product what was there for thanking ?

i dont think why you are making every thread such a way that we have to fight abt it. We never hate Pakistani people . I have many friend online from Pakistan but they show great respect to us.
India always wants to see a prosperous Pakistan and want to increase the trade ties with it (the feeling of this hatred is bringing down Pakistan)
If Pakistan keeps this feelings away and show such importance on Economy now the scenario would have been different

We get many high-quality Pakistani products here in the United States like Zebra Basmati Rice, Shaan Masala, Shezan Mango juice, Rooh Afza, and other food/drink items that are very popular among South/Central Asians here.

Also most of the soccer balls and many rugs sold here in the United States are Made in Pakistan.

One thing which we can't get here is Pakistani Shalwar Kameez. In the UK they sell Pakistani Shalwar Kameez (they even have a Junaid Jamshed outlet clothing store in the UK) but here in the U.S. so far didn't come across a store that sells Pakistani Shalwar Kameez. My relatives here and I always buy our Shalwar Kameez from Pakistan. My cousin got married here in the U.S. this summer and he and his parents, his bride and her family, all bought their clothes for the wedding from Pakistan. Indian clothes are sold here but they are different from Pakistani clothes. Pakistani clothes are better quality, are of better style, and are more comfortable.

Last edited:
We should encourage more participation of pakistani industries in india.Pakistan produces clothing,leather,sports meterials etc of excellent quality.

Well if the Kashmir issue is resolved generally Pakistani and Indian public has alot of common elements for entertainment and having a good fun time - there is alot of mutal respect on that frame

There is huge potential for trade and bussiness btw these two nation...:cheers:

I attend the Traid Fair and Auto Expo in Delhi everytime it is held.

Auto Expo,the last one broke all records and was the 2nd largest ever!

and for Trade Fair,the Pakistani pickle (achar) was 'my best'!

Hamdard product are made simultaneously in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Hamdard products made in India are much more effective and qualitative due to better availability of raw materials and expertise. Pakistan is the usual saga of "milawat".

"Milawat" is here in India as well.
You can't prevent these things dude!

Back
Top Bottom