What's new

Pakistani PM hails China as his country's 'best friend'

You have not read those posts saying that "China has nothing or has been very backward initially before open and reform, in the past 30 years, China has grown into a major power and has enjoyed economic development afterwards. Pakistan will have similar growth like China did with China's help and etc".??? It surely is not exact wording but the meaning is similar.

Does a post made by an 'individual' constitute to 'many'? I believe below are your own words no?

However, no matter how much support we provide for Pakistan, it will be tremendously hard for Pakistan to move forward even though many members here have sincerely hope Pakistan can grow like China in the past 30 years.

What I am trying to say that Pakistan has major problems to overcome and the most difficult one is the terrorist problems within its border.

I won't narrow it down to its borders. The problem is wide spread.

Without overcoming that, all of the growth talk is just wishful thinking. And only Pakistan itself can deal with that problem and the sooner it has been taken care of, the better Pakistan will be on its way to development.

I don't believe it is Pakistan's own problem. Especially with the extremists that are being driven in by the U.S. from Afghanistan. It also depends on the perspectives. To Pakistan is it their own problem. But to China it is a problem for both to tackle especially if it borders the two neighbouring countries. As for the SCO, any 'regional' instability becomes their problem. So I still stand by my personal believe that this is a regional problem and we should lend Pakistan a hand on the issue in whatever way we can. However, I don't agree to solving it by violence. It needs to be solved diplomatically. Waging war on terror for me, was a grave mistake.

In addition, there is nowhere I have suggested that China behaves like U.S. does. China has not played interference role for so long already. It won't change such policy for the foreseeable future.

Here are your own words:

I do suggest Pakistan need more effort rein in control its terrorists problems within its border. It is strategically important for both Pakistan and China in the long term. The current effort devoted by Pakistan clearly is not enough.

I simply indicate that terrorist activities in Pakistan have been so severely widespread and it poses a foreseeable serious threat to China's stability in northwest region.

You read my post carefully??? Is my intention to write the posts to blame Pakistan??? All my intention is express a valid concern and hope Pakistan can do more to get rid of those terrorists within its border. It is not a blame game/post.

Your undertone implies that the burden now lies upon Pakistan and that they are not doing enough and may cause China problems. It is somewhat similar to what the American way of covering its own failures by blaming Pakistan for not doing enough. The fact that you have been stressing about Pakistan not handling the issue efficiently and accusing them of not being able to control its borders can be applied on China just the same.
Should China not be accused of the same should terrorists enter China from outside its borders? If you was to be the judge, then China's head would fall before the same axe for its lack of control on its border. There is a saying in the west "The pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind.

End of the day, it is clearly a regional issue which must be tackled and addressed coherently via joint efforts. Instead of suggesting Pakistan should do more about it, why not suggest China and Pakistan should do more about it? and how the SCO can work within its own framework and draw up plans and excercise joint efforts to tackle these problems? It's to everyone's interests to have a stable and workable environment right? No one is forcing you to sing along with the majority here neither are we throwing bricks at you. You just need to lay out your argument and claims constructively and think more outside the box. Accepting opinions and suggestions of others also help, instead of claiming moral high grounds.

Well, why don't you tell me what will be a better way for U.S. to react after 9/11?

I do think Invasion into Afghanistan is a must. But U.S. invasion into Iraq was over-extension and I think that is a mistake.

If similar terrorist activity like 9/11 happened in China, you think China would have acted that differently if we know AQ is responsible for that and taliban refuses to give AQ up???

Is the west also a target to blame? Sure. However, the west has not invited sadam's invasion of Kuwait, terrorist attacks on military ships, embassies as well as 9/11.

You can keep strong pressure on national governments, making them more with the action, but the aggression is definitely not a good idea, I'm sure you can get more sympathy from people of other countries, you will have a more favorable position, but aggression, whether in Iraq Or Afghanistan, your actions undermine all favorable opinion. If the U.S. really wants to solve, to solve the Israeli-Palestinian problem, and that is a good way, you can certainly alleviate the anti-American sentiment in the Muslim world 10 years ago. and many more Method, but the U.S. will definitely not be used because U.S. interests.

For one country to grow, you need better education and more courage to acknowledge your past mistakes.

There are many research studies, reports that cite Pakistan's state's islamization initiated by Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq led Pakistan into almost dead end, e.g. economics mishaps, low education, hard to reform and etc...

How many Pakistan politicians dare to stand up saying that policy: state's islamization, is wrong and gives Pakistan a great misfortune???

OBL is a terrorist, AQ and taliban are recognized terrorist organizations. When OBL was killed, how many religious scholars, imams stand up to say it is the right thing to get rid of him, AQ and taliban???

When those religious fanatics burnt U.S. flags and mourn OBL, how many of them got arrested by Pakistan police?

Freedom of speech??? You do not see anyone freely mourn Hilter freely in public in the west without being arrested, do you?

The two states solution in mid-east is on the way. It may be delayed but historically inevitable.

U.S. is just overly aggressive in handling WOT issue. It could have been much better if it can leave IRAQ alone, solely on the invasion of Afghanistan. If that were the case, OBL and Taliban should have been long gone.

About keeping pressure on national governments, well, I do not think China will do that. It is simply my concern regarding the terrorist problems within Pakistan. It definitely will be on CCP's mind but CCP definitely has a much better subtle way to convey the messages.

You can keep strong pressure on national governments, making them more with the action, but the aggression is definitely not a good idea, I'm sure you can get more sympathy from people of other countries, you will have a more favorable position, but aggression, whether in Iraq Or Afghanistan, your actions undermine the favorable opinion of all. If the U.S. really wants to solve, to solve the Israeli-Palestinian problem, and that is a good way, you can certainly alleviate the anti-American sentiment in the Muslim world 10 years ago. and many more Method, but the U.S. will definitely not be used because U.S. interests.

For one country to grow, you need better education and more courage to acknowledge your past mistakes.

There are many research studies, reports that cite Pakistan's state's islamization initiated by Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq led Pakistan into almost dead end, e.g. economics mishaps, low education, hard to reform and etc...

Dude we know that already. It is all common sense. Literacy rates in Pakistan is already improving and Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq died in 1988. We are now in 2011. What he did is no longer relevent to the future of Pakistan. What matter is now and the future.

What he did is so much relevant to today's Pakistan. Nobody in today's Pakistan dare to challenge his policy to get Pakistan into state's islamization set up about 30 years ago. All education, economics and etc policies have relations with that. If you compare the growth between Turkey and Pakistan, what exactly is the fundamental difference between the two countries???

Dude we know that already. It is all common sense. Literacy rates in Pakistan is already improving and Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq died in 1988. We are now in 2011. What he did is no longer relevent to the future of Pakistan. What matter is now and the future.

How many Pakistan politicians dare to stand up saying that policy: state's islamization, is wrong and gives Pakistan a great misfortune???

OBL is a terrorist, AQ and taliban are recognized terrorist organizations. When OBL was killed, how many religious scholars, imams stand up to say it is the right thing to get rid of him, AQ and taliban???

When those religious fanatics burnt U.S. flags and mourn OBL, how many of them got arrested by Pakistan police?

Freedom of speech??? You do not see anyone freely mourn Hilter freely in public in the west without being arrested, do you?

That is their own problem, terrorism, you can at least be reason to oppose it. other, if their people are not satisfied, they will solve their leaders and institutions, that is your reason to interfere in internal affairs, because most Western interference in fact only because their own interests, not all those fine words. to support the dictator, to support the Muslim dictator, the West is less in this regard?

You are not "traditional Chinese ", most Chinese people know that the so-called "democracy "and "free speech" is how the case, only "some"Chinese are obsessed with those things for their .

We can keep the theme? If someone concerned about the development of Pakistan, it is good, do something, you do not show so much interest in the BBS.

It seems that you look at those issues separately and think they have nothing connected at all. Past policies were just policies and have no influence to the future??? why don't we see many AQ terrorists from Turkey instead???

Interfere in internal affairs? Trust me, I have nothing to do with that.

That is their own problem, terrorism, you can at least be reason to oppose it. other, if their people are not satisfied, they will solve their leaders and institutions, that is your reason to interfere in internal affairs, because most Western interference in fact only because their own interests, not all those fine words. to support the dictator, to support the Muslim dictator, the West is less in this regard?

You are not "traditional Chinese ", most Chinese people know that the so-called "democracy "and "free speech" is how the case, only "some"Chinese are obsessed with those things for their .

It seems that you look at those issues separately and think they have nothing connected at all. Past policies were just policies and have no influence to the future??? why don't we see many AQ terrorists from Turkey instead???

Interfere in internal affairs? Trust me, I have nothing to do with that.

Oh, you want to declare war on the entire Muslim world, that is good, do it, the world is a reality, not to dream into reality.

We can keep the theme? If someone concerned about the development of Pakistan, it is good, do something, you do not show so much interest in the BBS.

I thought this forum is for discussion, at least some insight discussion proposed by certain member. I have no problem wishing long-lasting friendship between Pakistan and China and I indeed have posted such posts before. However, posting them day in and day out will provide any insight for the problems Pakistan faces today or help Pakistan in anyway?

Just like you can have all the wishes GOD can give, without open and reform, without looking straight at our past demons and making corrections, China won't be like what China is today.

The same applies to Pakistan as well. Pakistan also need face with its past demons.

I thought this forum is for discussion, at least some insight discussion proposed by certain member. I have no problem wishing long-lasting friendship between Pakistan and China and I indeed have posted such posts before. However, posting them day in and day out will provide any insight for the problems Pakistan faces today or help Pakistan in anyway?

Just like you can have all the wishes GOD can give, without open and reform, without looking straight at our past demons and making corrections, China won't be like what China is today.

The same applies to Pakistan as well. Pakistan also need face with its past demons.

past demons ? You even need to know more about the history of China. to cover hat on others can not make you taller, your words are empty.

Oh, you want to declare war on the entire Muslim world, that is good, do it, the world is a reality, not to dream into reality.

It is just so weird to see you write a post like that. Where have you gotten your inference from exactly???

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

past demons ? You even need to know more about the history of China. to cover hat others can not make you taller, your words are empty.

Your comment is just so empty. What exactly are you trying to say???

It is just so weird to see you write a post like that. Where have you gotten your inference from exactly???

From your point of view, you want to change the entire Muslim world, even to advocate interference in internal affairs, which is a direct declaration of war. But if we can increase communication, to develop trade and cultural ties, stop the war and intervention, it is better than Western hypocrisy of preaching .

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Your comment is just so empty. What exactly are you trying to say???

I'm not interested to continue to play with you, you go.

Back
Top Bottom