What's new

Pakistani Pilot Will Fly With J-31

Far away Vipers over some remote base under the cover of Anti terror operations would be painting the J-31 with their APG to check the degree of stealthiness and its effectiveness against US radars?

You don't need Viper's radars unless you are doing a combat simulation. The land based AN/TPS radars being used by Pakistan, have state of the art tech in them. If they fail to detect a plane, I am sure it would be the same for the -16!!! But I have a feeling that the AN/TPS will detect the J-31. May be a couple of dozen miles after its supposed to, due to J-31's stealthy features, but it would capture the signature.

The last time any news came in this regards was the PAF pilots were not allowed to fly this... May be now they have been given access...

It's because a verbal commitment in principle has been made between both the Premiers that Pakistan will buy 40-44 of these initially. With the option for 20 more later (supporting the naval air arm with dedicated stealth, or securing the ports I'd imagine?).

So now that there is verbal contract in place and the negotiations have advanced, it makes sense for the PAF to test out this plane per their operational needs.

Why you all never check the SAC FC-31 thread? New prototype take off from chengdu and making its first flight yesterday.

That is still the old prototype.

Why you all never check the SAC FC-31 thread? New prototype take off from chengdu and making its first flight yesterday.

Beast I really admire Your enthusiasm, but not each and every new image shows a new aircraft even more powered by a new engine !!

How come You to the conclusion that the second prototype should make its maiden flight at CAC ??? I'm sure the new B737 will surely do the same at Toulouse' Airbus facility too !

Regarding the second FC-31 I had indeed some hope that it might be unveiled prior to the end of September with a maiden flight to the third anniversary on 31. October 2015 ... but sadly not and surely not at Chengdu.

Deino

Beast I really admire Your enthusiasm, but not each and every new image shows a new aircraft even more powered by a new engine !!

How come You to the conclusion that the second prototype should make its maiden flight at CAC ??? I'm sure the new B737 will surely do the same at Toulouse' Airbus facility too !

Regarding the second FC-31 I had indeed some hope that it might be unveiled prior to the end of September with a maiden flight to the third anniversary on 31. October 2015 ... but sadly not and surely not at Chengdu.

Deino
What engine J-31 uses ? And How long it will take for WS-13 A to come ? Also any plans to add side bays on J-31 ?

As far as I know flight testing begun initially with the RD-93 as used on the JF-17 and was successively replaced - not sure if both - by the WS-13. About the rumoured WS-13A I really don't know since this powerplant is nearly as mysterious as the Yeti or Loch Ness monster ... side bays won't be fitted IMO since the airframe itself has not enough space to add them in contrast to the much larger J-20. Even more the FC-31 - 02 mock up also had none too.

And your figures are based on ?

I think most often he simply does not know what he writes or even more why he writes something .. otherwise writing strange post is usually quicker than reading and understanding ... so You are correct.

How do You come to this estimation ??? Why not 3698 for the PLAAF/PLANAF - sounds more - ... everything else is again pure wishfull thinking or wet-dreams. The PAF will NEWER EVER buy that many, the same for Venezuela ... and forget NK too.

Keep it realistic.

Deino

Back
Top Bottom