What's new

Pakistani Pilot Will Fly With J-31

im trying to build a hypothetical scenario.
besides pakistan can very easily join the tfx program. they have already been offered to join.

Pakistan is likely to join one of the aforementioned projects, but nobody can realistically expect them to amalgamate subsystems from multiple vendors.

So the current scenario describes that J -31 with WS -17 on board would b the operational bird for PAF assuming like by the 2020-2025. Or the bird will be initially flying with WS-13A. Asking for info. Thnx

Initially with the WS-13A.

Honestly guys ... we have one technical demonstrator + a model of a heavily revised prototype, reportedly under construction. We have rumours about the WS-13 under test right now, we have other rumours about a possible WS-17 under development ... and a few here are already discussing as if the PAF already operates 100 of them !

Let's wait and see, wait and see longer ... and that wait - after development is done - if Pakistan can afford that bird.

Funny, really funny ....

Deino

The WS-13 was already used for the J-31 prototype, since China's state media already confirmed it, and the designer was also awarded for the achievement of putting the WS-13 on both J-31 and Sharp Sword.

It is not a rumor, but the official acknowledgement from the state media.

Pakistan should resist all efforts into being bungled into a decision on its 5th Generation mainstay by China. Its better to wait it out for the TFX and other contenders before making a decision.

And who is going to assure you a totally dependable supply of parts and ammunition? (read sanction free)
and above all, where will the money come from? That's billions USD we are talking about, and of course with China come low interest loans. Will Turkey be able to offer a similar Ex-imp deal?

And who is going to assure you a totally dependable supply of parts and ammunition? (read sanction free)
and above all, where will the money come from? That's billions USD we are talking about, and of course with China come low interest loans. Will Turkey be able to offer a similar Ex-imp deal?
Your diplomatic corps will, and a local supplier base that can do basic spares will. Billions of USD others will finace too, please too not fall in love with the Chinese loans as they are much worse than they sound and carry other concessions in our national resources that we havent begun to disclose.

No one knows the exact date at this early stage,but the induction of JF-XX aka J-31 into the PAF is more or less a given.

No one knows the exact date at this early stage,but the induction of JF-XX aka J-31 into the PAF is more or less a given.

Do you know what stage the improved prototype of FC-31 is at?

SOme thing not right why a test platform is coming to Pak for evaluation why it cant be done in China

As per opinion there could be 3 main reason for such test flight if any.

1. Owner has been offered to check the order whether is it on mark or not

2. A partner (JFT Programme) has been asked to evaluate as well having one of the best pilot/flying team.

3. Hello partner we are developing this (J-31) so have a look by ur self and let us know that it can meet ur requirements that now a days u r searching the market. (In terms of marketing strategy.

As we all are aware that geopolitics is changing the shape of the region and Pak - China are already gathered and Russia is expected as well and Turkey election is 1 upcoming impact so I must say it's going to be big though the option for go Chinese is not limited. I wish the best for Pakistan.

In the last whatever programme Pakistan joins, Beef Chapli Kabab and Beef Biryani at my place.

Agreed. Keeping in view the pocket, Pakistan always chooses smartly unlike others throwing money like thrash but still couldn't satisfy the hunger and overcome th fear.

Pakistan always surprise its enemies in case of weapon selection....

But....

Lets discuss about this important issue first....:D
Hahahahahahha.....Once the deal is done.... I wouldn't care of expenses of these havies Beef Chapli Kababs.

BTW..... u r welcome. ...... hope the time is soon.. that PAF is going to make a decision and I think no rush at least we have plenty of months to decide as well as having choices of TFX and J-31 programme however Russia wouldn't risk his relations with India so SUs are secondary options as per my view so also Pakistan is not getting into alliance thing formula but best b remain neutral and care for own policies. China and Turkey offers to join, PAF has experienced JFT programme that would help to choose smart so hope something good is coming.

You don't need Viper's radars unless you are doing a combat simulation. The land based AN/TPS radars being used by Pakistan, have state of the art tech in them. If they fail to detect a plane, I am sure it would be the same for the -16!!! But I have a feeling that the AN/TPS will detect the J-31. May be a couple of dozen miles after its supposed to, due to J-31's stealthy features, but it would capture the signature.

It's because a verbal commitment in principle has been made between both the Premiers that Pakistan will buy 40-44 of these initially. With the option for 20 more later (supporting the naval air arm with dedicated stealth, or securing the ports I'd imagine?).

So now that there is verbal contract in place and the negotiations have advanced, it makes sense for the PAF to test out this plane per their operational needs.
Sir,
There have been other news too that never matured...However Chinese deals tend to mature...Though Pakistan is still looking at other options like the TFX and JFX unfortunately both these aircraft would have a much higher price tag. Most probably both these aircraft would also have western collaborations hence nothing can be guarantied.

If the Koreans consider the TFX over the KFX then the numbers would definitely increase still the requirement of a single engine 5th Gen Fighter aircraft would be open. The USA F-35 would be the natural choice unfortunately it would not be offered to many countries.

The consideration for having a Chinese aircraft is that China would allow percentage in the sales and 70-100% TOT. There were some hearsay that PAF has test flown the aircraft in China and soon the aircraft would be cleared after the relevant paper work is completed to be officially based in Pakistan so that it can be test flown over seas.

Still the consideration of heaving a Single Engine 5th Gen. Aircraft is unanswered. There was some hearsay that the JF-17 stealth variant would be produced when Pakistan Prime Minister visited China. The design of the TFX single engine was also being considered.

So you are suggesting that Chinese will be using PAF to unveil J-31 and WS-13?
The Engine could be WS-13 or some other Western one....The JF-17 is also going to have a Western Engine.

Pakistan should resist all efforts into being bungled into a decision on its 5th Generation mainstay by China. Its better to wait it out for the TFX and other contenders before making a decision.
Sir please read my reply above to Viper...

I highly doubt that inducting Turkish or Swedish systems into the J-31 is worth the money and effort, especially when both the Chinese and Turks would object. Of course, that also assumes that Turkish and/or Swedish systems function better than that of the J-31, which is unlikely.

The systems could be selected from various sources to get the best possible package however integration might take time. PAF has done this before and they have the technical know how in this regards...

No doubt China would be providing a very good package but it could be improved...It would also increase the types of weapon systems it can carry...You can see how PAF has made JF-17 an attractive package. There are some Turkish weapon systems that PAF would like to have...

Back
Top Bottom