What's new

Pakistani officials furious over ‘Homeland’

We should improve our relations with Russia as well as economy and say goodbye to USA. Also no more help Ever to USA against Russia. Dont Ever trust USA again.

Blame your Govt. For engaging with a country like that..

As a ex_cia agent said in the article posted by @Bang Galore. "

"In reality, there is no such thing as a 'friendly' intelligence service. ISI, however, is the poster child for 'duplicitous,'" they added.

Then we should not waste on programs like USAID if the objective is to treat everyone as an ISI agent.

Bharatis doing cheer leading would Amreeki TV show now. And then would whine about doing the same once a Pakistani would support Chinese on some other thread.

No we even stay quiet when Chinese muslim problem ignored by so called thekedar of muslims

These Bharatis are an ultimate mujra qaum.

We still not learn this quality of Pakistani people till now.

Then we should not waste on programs like USAID if the objective is to treat everyone as an ISI agent.

I have repeatedly seen this in their media outlets and here in pdf. They totally despise any thing US but they are totally okay with USAID and foundations like Gates & Melinda doing some great work in that part of the world.

Hypocrisy of the tallest order.

I have repeatedly seen this in their media outlets and here in pdf. They totally despise any thing US but they are totally okay with USAID and foundations like Gates & Melinda doing some great work in that part of the world.

The objective is to change that mindset else USAID and programs alike would be unnecessary. We are perpetual optimists.

Next time Russia should make tv show of hero snowden and on CIA torture as well as on crimea and we will see how much it will be appericiated in USA .

@root

Russian or Chinese or Iranian films can show ALL that they want

Nobody cares ; because Hollywood is the KING ;because they have the
MAXIMUM audience on the planet ; their movies and TV shows
are translated into ALL languages

Even the reclusive North Koreans are angry about a Hollywood film
and were keen to stop its release

Next time Russia should make tv show of hero snowden and on CIA torture as well as on crimea and we will see how much it will be appericiated in USA .

In reality, it would probably be ignored. Russian movies do not have the reach like Hollywood does. Which is why people get more upset with our Hollywood productions. Regardless we won't ban it.

You are under the misapprehension that we despise anything American; we don't....not by a long shot.

What we do not appreciate are the inherently ill-thought out US Foreign Policy gaffes which usually involve destabilizing entire regions in the pursuit of whatever objectives the US Administration has thought up; Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Iran etc. are testament to that.

We applaud the Jeffersonian precepts of Non-Interventionism and we believe that in them lies your and most of all our salvation because this gung-ho attitude of invading countries, destabilizing entire regions and then looking incredulous when the ensuing vacuum creates terrorist groups like the ISIS, the TTP, the UIM etc., needs a revisit by whosoever thinks up foreign policy in the US Administration.

At any rate if humanitarian aid was given to arm-twist Pakistan and Pakistanis into subservience than by all means keep it.

You are under the misapprehension that we despise anything American; we don't....not by a long shot.

What we do not appreciate are the inherently ill-thought out US Foreign Policy gaffes which usually involve destabilizing entire regions in the pursuit of whatever objectives the US Administration has thought up; Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Iran etc. are testament to that.

We applaud the Jeffersonian precepts of Non-Interventionism and we believe that in them lies your and most of all our salvation because this gung-ho attitude of invading countries, destabilizing entire regions and then looking incredulous when the ensuing vacuum creates terrorist groups like the ISIS, the TTP, the UIM etc., needs a revisit by whosoever thinks up foreign policy in the US Administration.

At any rate if humanitarian aid was given to arm-twist Pakistan and Pakistanis into subservience than by all means keep it.

I appreciate the points which you have made and I won't defend the 'gaffes' of US foreign policy which has been an utter failure in the last two presidents' terms on several fronts.

But what i fail to understand is the political rhetoric in pak and to some extent in india as well. When things go down, US is the culprit with zero credit to us when things turn out good. And In a visit to the latter country I have seen astounding things eg the American Library being flooded with college students one day and then stone pelting the very next day ( in India ). I found it to be totally bizarre.

As for the aid thing : Look i have already said I don't think any one can take a moral high ground here. We have both moved into a stakeholder realm in our relation and the reciprocity has totally evaporated.

However, the collusion between the ISI and terror groups is undeniable and in all honesty if there wasn't tangible evidence for this Homeland would never have focussed on Pakistan. It is because of the terror group-state collusion that goes on in Pakistan that has brought about this plot line in the show.

Exactly!! Most importantly, it didn't help Pakistan's image one bit that OBL was hunted down so close to Pakistan's West Point! Whether it was complicity or incompetence, nobody cares!

It was only a matter of time before it was depicted on screens in such a light!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom