What's new

Pakistani officials furious over ‘Homeland’

I expect Pakistanis to focus on the more important things in life. Something they clearly have an inability to do so.

Meanwhile ignore how they are being portrayed by a country which claims to be an "ally"? Clearly a big thanks from uncle Sam for the sacrifices of tens of thousands of innocent Pakistanis. Not a very favorable view in the least sense.

Who is stopping Pakistanis from focusing on important things in their life? This thread or the reactions init don't prohibit any Pakistani from focusing on the more important things in their life. This is only an apologetic excuse which we hear every single time a blatant lie is exposed.

No, the tens and thousands of innocent Pakistanis who lost their lives after the American invasion of Afghanistan aren't going to shut up and be offended.

Meanwhile ignore how they are being portrayed by a country which claims to be an "ally"? Clearly a big thanks from uncle Sam for the sacrifices of tens of thousands of innocent Pakistanis. Not a very favorable view in the least sense.

Who is stopping Pakistanis from focusing on important things in their life? This thread or the reactions init don't prohibit any Pakistani from focusing on the more important things in their life. This is only an apologetic excuse which we hear every single time a blatant lie is exposed.
So now Showtime, and third grade tv channel is in cohorts with the American government? You guys are hopeless.

So now Showtime, and third grade tv channel is in cohorts with the American government? You guys are hopeless.

A show which won a prestigious Emmy award and is being watched not only by Americans, but many around the world. At least get your facts right. Also, a big thank you coming out of a country which pretends to be an ally. Fictitious or not, these lies are harming the image of Pakistan. Don't be in denial.

A show which won a prestigious Emmy award and is being watched not only by Americans, but many around the world. That too coming out of a country which pretends to be an ally. At least get your facts right.

I can name a dozen shows that won an emmy and you wont be able to bear more than 20 mins of them. And saying an emmy is misleading. Emmy in what category? That's more important.

Oh look, a Muslim country getting angry over a fictional tv show.

This is surprising.

Oh look, Hollywood demonizing Muslims yet again.

This is surprising.

Reel Bad Arabs

I expect Pakistanis to focus on the more important things in life. Something they clearly have an inability to do so.

Propaganda and image management are immensely important things.

Companies, and countries, spend millions (and billions) purely on propaganda and image management.

Demonization of Pakistan is part of the ongoing agenda of certain powerful interest groups in America. There are several reasons for this, including misalignment of American and Pakistani interests in regional geopolitics.

and please don't say that American media and American government (i.e. foreign policy) are unrelated...

I can name a dozen shows that won an emmy and you wont be able to bear more than 20 mins of them. And saying an emmy is misleading. Emmy in what category? That's more important.

The point is that the TV show is recognized all around the world. It has won awards be it American. Whatever category is irrelevant. The ratings of this show tell me a different story. The Americans in particular endorse it. This should tell us something about our sacrifices which they don't recognize and even ridicule. Our innocent lost lives don't mean a thing to these people and that's hurtful to me as it should be to all Pakistanis. The other TV shows don't lie about Islamabad being a sand desert and the Pakistani authorities being complicit with terrorists.

We don't only have terrorists taunting us by taking our lives. We also have our "allies" taunting us by ridiculing and fabricating immense lies.

Last edited:
We should be focusing on ourselves , while others too should be focusing on us hmmmmmmm

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_520433.jpg

A show which won a prestigious Emmy award and is being watched not only by Americans, but many around the world. That too coming out of a country which pretends to be an ally. At least get your facts right.
Showtime viewership pales in comparison to other TV channels. Homeland is popular because it is provocative show discussing a hot topic.

At its most basic form, it remains a fictional show. For entertainment purpose only.

But go right ahead, waste your topic worrying about things that have no impact on your life. What do I care. Ciao.

best show ever on intelligence agencies.........a must watch ........
Nope the best intelligence agencies I know of in TV shows are the networks of Messrs Littlefinger and Vaerys the Spider in GoT.

Yes bro. Let's go to Iraq to show to the world just how much love the arabs want to share.

There are instances of bad behavior within all groups.
Would you be so cavalier about demonization of Jews or blacks or any other race?

Just because you may be an anti-Arab bigot and Hollywood lets you indulge in your bigotry doesn't make racial vilification right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom