What's new

Pakistani Navy going through a serious buildup

P3C will serve until at least 2030, if not beyond. They are still very capable aircraft, our models are upgraded and the ones we have were in storage for quite a while so their flight hours are low as well. The Sea sultans will eventually replace them, but that is a long term project that we will not be seeing for a while.
Over a hundred P3Cs are still in service with the US navy as well, they will fly them till at least 2030 too.
The number of over a 100 P-3 in the US Navy is not correct. Only some 40 are still in use, but not with front line units anymore, also, some 15 of them are EP-3,which are not for submarine hunting, but are for Signals Intelligence. The days of the P-3 in the US Navy are numbered.

The number of over a 100 P-3 in the US Navy is not correct. Only some 40 are still in use, but not with front line units anymore, also, some 15 of them are EP-3,which are not for submarine hunting, but are for Signals Intelligence. The days of the P-3 in the US Navy are numbered.
Those 40 aircraft are still meant to serve till at least 2024 with the Ep-3 variants serving even longer, as mentioned Pakistans P3Cs were upgraded (4 of them are very recent deliveries). But that’s USA and this is Pakistan, they have more money and capability to produce. Even if we replace ours 10 years after they do, we’re on time. The first Sea Sultans will start coming before 2025. P3C is still a very capable aircraft, especially in our theatre.

Those 40 aircraft are still meant to serve till at least 2024 with the Ep-3 variants serving even longer, as mentioned Pakistans P3Cs were upgraded (4 of them are very recent deliveries). But that’s USA and this is Pakistan, they have more money and capability to produce. Even if we replace ours 10 years after they do, we’re on time. The first Sea Sultans will start coming before 2025. P3C is still a very capable aircraft, especially in our theatre.
The P-3C is indeed a very decent and capable aircraft. In my humble opinion, I wonder why Pakistan takes a big gamble by doing something nobody did before, turning a relatively rare passenger aircraft (the Lineage 1000) into a maritime patrol aircraft. They could have bought either more second hand Orions, or do a maritime patrol upgrade on, say the A319 or A320. A lot of them are available due to the Covid crisis, and also later on, spares will never be a problem. I think the Lineage 1000 is a big gamble.

The P-3C is indeed a very decent and capable aircraft. In my humble opinion, I wonder why Pakistan takes a big gamble by doing something nobody did before, turning a relatively rare passenger aircraft (the Lineage 1000) into a maritime patrol aircraft. They could have bought either more second hand Orions, or do a maritime patrol upgrade on, say the A319 or A320. A lot of them are available due to the Covid crisis, and also later on, spares will never be a problem. I think the Lineage 1000 is a big gamble.
More P3Cs are not future proof. The concept of turning a passenger aircraft into an MPA is obviously not new, the Embraer platform was likely picked due to cost and because it filled the requirements of the navy. It’s also not a commercial airplane but a business jet, so the internal changes are going to be a bit easier because they don’t have to tear the entire internals and hundreds of seats and storage cabins apart, it’s already basically empty inside.
it being free of European or American control is another a plus point in my opinion, Pakistans armed forces have done deals with Embraer in the past so I assume they like them.

The aircraft is not rare, while only a few have been made of the specific model, the aircraft belongs to the Embraer 190 family, of which over 1600 have been produced with more underway, the parts in all of these are the same, only length, seating layouts, specifications etc are different. So spare parts should be no problem.
Embraer is no small company either, It’s the worlds third largest aircraft manufacturer.

Most MPA carry lightweight Torpedos if any.
PN Aviation's Torpedo of choice is the Mk46:

Launched from a P3C:
1623145533100.png

1623145594100.png

Inside a P3C's bombs bay:
1623144390500.png

1623144293100.png

1623144323200.png

Loading Mk46 on a US Navy Ship:
1623144077000.png

1623144124600.png

1623144187400.png

1623144209100.png

1623145165200.png

1623145229400.png

1623145268800.png

1623145328200.png

1623145944000.png

Masoomana Sawal:
Has the Mk46 been upgraded to Mk54?
Easily Upgradeable From MK 46

Very valid point, I was thinking the same, when I read the following:
Vietnam Airlines puts its A321s on sale
3 June 2021
There is some pain the chest. I hope nothing is serious.
Please dont take it lightly, see a Dr ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom