What's new

Pakistani Navy going through a serious buildup

I understand where you are coming from. The thing is ASW is making leaps and bounds and you can't just rely on that or primarily on that. Look what happened to the German Navy U-Boats.

I did not understand. What a choice of submarine or suffaceship has to do with ASW? What happened to U boat?

Last edited:
Need independent Air arm as well for Maritime ops and strike
Mostly like with in decade or so PN will have independent air arms consistent of
MPA aircrafts (jet and turbopop)
Heavy/meduim fighter jets
And good numbers of helicopters

I did not understand. What a choice of submarine or suffaceship has to do with ASW? What happened to U boat?

As in Submarines can be tracked down, and if you throw all you deterrent into subs you are pretty much done for.
The Germans invested greatly in an underwater arm as opposed to surface fleet and paid the price with the arrival of sonar.

As in Submarines can be tracked down, and if you throw all you deterrent into subs you are pretty much done for.
The Germans invested greatly in an underwater arm as opposed to surface fleet and paid the price with the arrival of sonar.
That is true but surface ships are always easy to detect and track then detecting submarines. I don't say that submarines are undetectable but so far as the comparison of surface ship and submarine is concerned, submarine has the greater survivability.

That is true but surface ships are always easy to detect and track then detecting submarines.
Does not hold true for indian subs

14 Nov 2016

1622991374500.png

I and you couldn't do anything if that was a Indian submarine in your water, right? you were helpless. you just helplessly watched Indian submarine roaming in your water.
We forced it to surface, recorded all its signatures, in every possible spectrum, embarrassed the hell out of a so called navy in front of the world.

The list is quite extensive, but no point in you putting too much pressure on your pea brain. You can rest easy, knowing that your navy is only good at wasting its taxpayers money.

I and you couldn't do anything if that was a Indian submarine in your water, right? you were helpless. you just helplessly watched Indian submarine roaming in your water.

Have you got any idea that what actually happens to the attitude of submariners when they discover that their element of surprise and stealth is gone ?

Have you got any idea that what actually happens to the attitude of submariners when they discover that their element of surprise and stealth is gone ?
I seriously doubt he knows, otherwise he wouldn't have made such a silly comment.

On the other hand, IN has been exposed multiple times, which tells us that they have different priorities.

Pakistan Navy should buy more submarines rather than surface ships. They are not of much use against India.

Really, this is the knowledge of naval warfare you have?? Do you know how much traffic Arabian sea have specially our EEZ??

It will be way difficult for IN to find PN ships like Type-54P or specially MILGEM in that kind of traffic due to their very low RCS and signature at sea, also add their EW capabilities in NCW environment, it not as simple as you Indians think.

IMO if there's interest in Turkish subs, it'd be along the veins of the Jinnah-class frigate -- i.e., a project aimed at in-house submarine design and production work. However, with the Hangor II-class submarines coming by the late 2020s, I don't think this project could materialize before the late-2030s, if not a little later. In that case it'd be a Agosta 90B replacement for the 2040s, and a means to further grow the submarine fleet.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) whats in ur opnion active submarines strength PN want till 2030

Really, this is the knowledge of naval warfare you have?? Do you know how much traffic Arabian sea have specially our EEZ??

It will be way difficult for IN to find PN ships like Type-54P or specially MILGEM in that kind of traffic due to their very low RCS and signature at sea, also add their EW capabilities in NCW environment, it not as simple as you Indians think.

How are you? Is everything going well?

Most MPA carry lightweight Torpedos if any. Instead of more and more submarines (beyond those already planned for) should the PN consider a different method to deliver Heavy weight (533 mm Torpedos) with 40-50 km range after a network of sensors (like Sosus) or MPA detect an enemy submarine, at least in littoral waters. Perhaps getting a few Russian Be-200 Amphibious Planes and arming them with 3-4 Heavyweight Torpedos; wire guided could be a better option. Shoot and scoot. If detected, the plane could fly out of the area quickly and fly low to avoid being shot down. Another option is to equip one of the Be-200 with one of the Chinese large UUV revealed in the 2019 parade, to catch up with and follow any enemy sub or even engage it with Torpedos. Faster kill chains will help free up the navy to deal with the Indian naval threat, especially if they plan a blockade. We won’t have the time (hours instead of days) to change the tactical situation.

This was just a thought that came to me when I was thinking of how Mongol Cavalry Archers operated, compared to infantry archers versus infantry archers.

Also thought about it after seeing this.

Last edited:
They are amongst the best warships out there once they arrive, and in good numbers. What do you mean they are of no use against India?
I think he must mean that the IN will be sitting in the harbor instead of coming out to fight

Submarine has low survivability against MPA like KQ-200 and anti submarine frigates like Type 054A.

Anyone who has actually worked in the role disagree oceans are waste and its like finding needle in haystack not apiece cake [emoji512]

[emoji6]

A valid point particularly against the detection by plane like P8I .

Back
Top Bottom