What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

Embraer is banned from getting contracts in India hence their Netra awacs platform dilemma lol

ATRs in PN can carry only torpedoes and no anti-ship missiles.
why is embraer blocked from getting contracts in India? I dont think that is valid.

From what former CNS said these will be upgraded by RAS in Germany, so no case of transferring P-3C equipment to the new planes. Also P-3C updates are almost 20 years old. Sub tech has moved on a lot since then. I suspect we will integrate a European package but with ability to network into Pak Link systems and fire Pak missiles. I suspect that PN may have done much of this integration work with the ATRs over several years in Germany, than decided to move on to the major LRMPA project once we figured out the integrations were successful.

Now we also know why PN were not worried about ATR MPAs carrying heavy anti-ship missiles and only carrying lightweight torpedos. Seems like the ATRs will just cover things near the coast or anti-piracy/ant-smuggling.

Sea Sultan will do heavy work.
I don't know why we are not thinking of doing the retrofit in Pakistan @ PAC Kamra. When push came to shove , PAC was able to salvage and retrofit the AEW Radar & associated electronics from damaged saab 2000s to newer platform in house.

They can do same with these with Embraer's help.

Embraer is excellent choice. ITAR free guaranteed. They are on par with Boeing/Airbus. But I dont get it where the rest of the electronics/systems will come from. Is it via Brazil or Turkey?
Err...

Good choice in the sense that PN can equip it in the manner it see fit (customization factor).

'Mako' is a Shark Species. It is one of the fastest sharks known and averages 13 feet in length.

iu
The fastest...

Yes, also be very interesting to see what missiles we put on this bird. Harpoon is yesterdays tech and relatively short ranged now. India made big mistake here, as they cannot integrate any domestic missile with P-8.

I expect at one point we will be seeing Sea Sultan armed with very long range Pak/China hypersonic missiles
Refer to following post: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/brea...fense-systems-to-taiwan.689200/#post-12773240

Hypersonics for ASW missions? Expensive and water will create problems. Hypersonics are better suited for engaging ships. For submarines, proven technologies are affordable and recommended.

Choosing P8 class is not a mistake by any stretch of imagination:

Facts2.jpg

P-8%2Blarger.jpg

It is rather difficult for Pakistan to source these aircraft in the present, therefore, alternatives will do.

Good point I think our existing fleet of P3 Orions was recently upgraded so doubt that is going away anytime soon
So these will be additional units

23slid3.jpg

New Planes Seems an appropriate platform
10 Units should be a good number down the line
A6-AJH_%288830512064%29.jpg

• 10 P3 Orions
  • 10 Sea Sultan
no more P3 orions they will phrased out slowly
I don't know why we are not thinking of doing the retrofit in Pakistan @ PAC Kamra. When push came to shove , PAC was able to salvage and retrofit the AEW Radar & associated electronics from damaged saab 2000s to newer platform in house.

They can do same with these with Embraer's help.
They can and will very fruitful in long term .. they can integrate Chinese and western stuff
Here's case might go to RAS Germany favour

Last edited:
Better would be Osprey or SeaHawk. It has one of the best eyesight amongst the raptor family and plucks fish out of the sea even when they are below surface. Very apt for a sub hunting aircraft.

Sea Sultan is quite cheesy.... I see a bafoonish caricature with a turban and a big sword.
They should've called the ATR-72 'Sea Hawk/Osprey' and left 'Sea Eagle' to the Embraer.

Clearly, someone didn't expect the PN to get a LRMPA Lol.

Instead, we got #PakistanInaNutshell

View attachment 682945
Historically Mughals did not have a navy which was partly responsible for their downfall :)

Ameer-ul-Behr -- Lord of the Seas maybe?
Guys, stop being mean to sea sultan! 🙄 It's a perfectly fine name.

Sea hawk idea isn't bad either but A) it's too 'english' a name and B) isn't there already a helicopter by that name?

Ameer ul Bahr is the urdu title of CNS like sipah salar is for COAS.

No SeaHawk as the name has been taken by SH-60 long time ago and are in service with IN.

Why not swordfish was selected?
Emberar is also used by India,waut until they start their Randi rona with Brazil

Pakistan needs an upgrade in the transport fleet sooner than yesterday, KC 390 can be a good option

Err...

Good choice in the sense that PN can equip it in the manner it see fit (customization factor).

The fastest...

Refer to following post: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/brea...fense-systems-to-taiwan.689200/#post-12773240

Hypersonics for ASW missions? Expensive and water will create problems. Hypersonics are better suited for engaging ships. For submarines, proven technologies are affordable and recommended.

Choosing P8 class is not a mistake by any stretch of imagination:

Facts2.jpg

P-8%2Blarger.jpg

It is rather difficult for Pakistan to source these aircraft in the present, therefore, alternatives will do.
Frankly there needs to be a long term partnership with Embraer; they are a solid company with excellent offerings as well as joint venture capabilities.

Frankly there needs to be a long term partnership with Embraer; they are a solid company with excellent offerings as well as joint venture capabilities.
True there C390 can be good and ecnomical option for future airlift and air tankers too along with chines options

Well whose ready to catch a glimpse of the bird. It’s right here and rocking. The sensor suite tender is still on going. RAS most probably has the better of the chances to win it
Any news about J10 when we gonna see them??

Back
Top Bottom