What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

8500 km its 200km more then P8

germany did this job last time on ATRs
So. We gonna fix German sensors on it???

Perhaps for torpedo may go for Turkish

Turkish and German systems have compatibility
8500 km its 200km more then P8

germany did this job last time on ATRs

Btw india is in talks of buying 51% stakes at Embraer commercial business. My guess is this test bed aircraft could be the last of its order.
If India got share in hand ... then PN have change its path ..
If this news is true ... they may be already started exploring the alternative

Could this pave the way for a long term Partnership between the PAC and Embraer?

Well certainly it is a big sign of trust from Pakistan in Brazil. I think after MAR-1 contract was delivered successfully despite Indian pressure then Pakistan must of realised we can trust Brazilians. Issue is what they can bring to the table that China and Turkey cannot suuply.

My list would be

MAA-1 Piranha WVR missile
KC-390 Tanker/Transport
TP-1 Torpedo
IMBEL IA-2 Assault rifle

Embraer is excellent choice. ITAR free guaranteed. They are on par with Boeing/Airbus. But I dont get it where the rest of the electronics/systems will come from. Is it via Brazil or Turkey?

Possibly Germany as ATRs are upgraded there.

why not MAKO ?????

If I am not wrong - امیرالبحر خیرالدین باربروسا of Ottoman Empire was instrumental in that expedition.
you are indeed wrong.... herydin barbarossa served under sultan suleman the magneficent..battle of preveza was his zenith in 1527.... constantinople was conqrd by sultan muhammad fatih in 1453.

It will take at least 10 years to have 10 such LRMAPs just like our first SAAB AWACS was first delivered in 2008/09, plenty of time and space to finance these jets (including the reconnaissance and other militarily package) which is literally 1 per year on average

It will take at least 10 years to have 10 such LRMAPs just like our first SAAB AWACS was first delivered in 2008/09, plenty of time and space to finance these jets (including the reconnaissance and other militarily package) which is literally 1 per year on average

Yes, and the 6-7 strong P-3C does not need to be retired in a hurry, can be a gradual phasing out, even just 2 new planes a year means in 5 years we can retire every P-3C and have a very potent fleet of 10 LRMPAs and 3 ATRs.

Back
Top Bottom