What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

But converting an airliner aircraft into maritime aircraft is deficult without orignal vender.

Emberar is also used by India,waut until they start their Randi rona with Brazil
Well certainly it is a big sign of trust from Pakistan in Brazil. I think after MAR-1 contract was delivered successfully despite Indian pressure then Pakistan must of realised we can trust Brazilians. Issue is what they can bring to the table that China and Turkey cannot suuply.

My list would be

MAA-1 Piranha WVR missile
KC-390 Tanker/Transport
TP-1 Torpedo
IMBEL IA-2 Assault rifle
Pakistan needs an upgrade in the transport fleet sooner than yesterday, KC 390 can be a good option

Emberar is also used by India,waut until they start their Randi rona with Brazil

Pakistan needs an upgrade in the transport fleet sooner than yesterday, KC 390 can be a good option

Yes, also be very interesting to see what missiles we put on this bird. Harpoon is yesterdays tech and relatively short ranged now. India made big mistake here, as they cannot integrate any domestic missile with P-8.

I expect at one point we will be seeing Sea Sultan armed with very long range Pak/China hypersonic missiles

Apparently, they will follow the same model as the German upgrade ATR-72 MPAs, so probably Italian and German systems.
yes that would make sense; this would definitely need Embraer from consulting.
My guess is this will be in house systems integration using a mix of imported and domestic components. Chinese tech will probably play a big part. They are world leaders in in electronics.
I would disagree with your statement in world leader... sorry

Seems like Good approach
  • Acquire 3-7 Units
  • Retrofit with Local Submarine Hunting Technology or Move the Tech from Orions into new platform
  • Longer Range , More Payload , more Equipment on Board
RISE OF THE
"SEA SULTAN"

I am assuming the P3 Orion Tech may not be moved over vs more potent Tech from China would be going into "Sea Sultan"

One can never have enough Sea Bound Search / Recon / Situational Awareness platform / Anti Submarine focused

Last edited:
Seems like Good approach
  • Acquire 3-7 Units
  • Retrofit with Local Submarine Hunting Technology or Move the Tech from Orions into new platform
  • Longer Range , More Payload , more Equipment on Board
RISE OF THE
"SEA SULTAN"

From what former CNS said these will be upgraded by RAS in Germany, so no case of transferring P-3C equipment to the new planes. Also P-3C updates are almost 20 years old. Sub tech has moved on a lot since then. I suspect we will integrate a European package but with ability to network into Pak Link systems and fire Pak missiles. I suspect that PN may have done much of this integration work with the ATRs over several years in Germany, than decided to move on to the major LRMPA project once we figured out the integrations were successful.

Now we also know why PN were not worried about ATR MPAs carrying heavy anti-ship missiles and only carrying lightweight torpedos. Seems like the ATRs will just cover things near the coast or anti-piracy/ant-smuggling.

Sea Sultan will do heavy work.

Integrating Saab equipments will be a better option, PN has to consider it.

Good point I think our existing fleet of P3 Orions was recently upgraded so doubt that is going away anytime soon
So these will be additional units

23slid3.jpg

New Planes Seems an appropriate platform
10 Units should be a good number down the line
A6-AJH_%288830512064%29.jpg

• 10 P3 Orions
  • 10 Sea Sultan

Last edited:
Good point I think our existing fleet of P3 Orions was recently upgraded so doubt that is going away anytime soon
So these will be additional units

No, these will replace P-3C, this was mentioned clearly by CNS in speech.

1) Even the updates on the P-3C are old
2) Airframe is old and now being retired by almost every major operator in the world
3) Jet has bigger advantage over turbo-prop

Sound like a tremendous development look forward to full details modifying structure of plane is time consuming
I was thinking may be we will get a smaller platform

Example Swordfish
THGQDQBGANDGFJU3T4BD6M7KSM.jpg

Remains to be seen what happens

Last edited:

Embraer is banned from getting contracts in India hence their Netra awacs platform dilemma lol
From what former CNS said these will be upgraded by RAS in Germany, so no case of transferring P-3C equipment to the new planes. Also P-3C updates are almost 20 years old. Sub tech has moved on a lot since then. I suspect we will integrate a European package but with ability to network into Pak Link systems and fire Pak missiles. I suspect that PN may have done much of this integration work with the ATRs over several years in Germany, than decided to move on to the major LRMPA project once we figured out the integrations were successful.

Now we also know why PN were not worried about ATR MPAs carrying heavy anti-ship missiles and only carrying lightweight torpedos. Seems like the ATRs will just cover things near the coast or anti-piracy/ant-smuggling.

Sea Sultan will do heavy work.
ATRs in PN can carry only torpedoes and no anti-ship missiles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom