What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

Mediums altitude vs low level asw

IMG_5446.JPG

IMG_5447.JPG

IMG_5449.JPG

IMG_5450.JPG

Embraer is excellent choice. ITAR free guaranteed. They are on par with Boeing/Airbus. But I dont get it where the rest of the electronics/systems will come from. Is it via Brazil or Turkey?
I am not aware of this company and the jet. what is the origin of this jet? its engines and other systems?
I wonder how many of its commercial examples are produced and in service and since when?

converting the airliner into military grade will require the reinforcement of fuselage and rest of the frame and a lot of system redundancies to account for different war time scenarios. obviously air frame modification, installation of equipment and payload and creating Bombay will affect the center of gravity and engine performance and stability of the aircraft and will definitely require the assistance of original manufacturer and someone with relevant experience in conversion.

I have no clue where Brazil stands in the tier list of performance and reliability among Western, Russian and Chinese manufacturers.

So which Anti Ship Missile will be integrated with this jet ?

PAF did not install bomb bay doors on its C-130 during the 1965 war, they just pushed bomb's mounted on pallets through the aft cargo hatch.
I have seen some PAF paintings depicting the C-130 bombing runs.
much like the way American MOAB is deployed through a rail system out of the back of the C-130 cargo hatch.

I have no clue where Brazil stands in the tier list of performance and reliability among Western, Russian and Chinese manufacturers.
They are pretty good and meet international standards, they also have multiple international customers so suffice to say they make some good aircraft.

Embraer is one of the largest aircraft producers in the world.
There are over 1500 E190/E175 in service around the world on which Lineage 1000 is based on.
I am not aware of this company and the jet. what is the origin of this jet? its engines and other systems?
I wonder how many of its commercial examples are produced and in service and since when?

converting the airliner into military grade will require the reinforcement of fuselage and rest of the frame and a lot of system redundancies to account for different war time scenarios. obviously air frame modification, installation of equipment and payload and creating Bombay will affect the center of gravity and engine performance and stability of the aircraft and will definitely require the assistance of original manufacturer and someone with relevant experience in conversion.

Embraer option may be ITAR free however it is still under Export Administration Regulations so it is still controllable.

Pakistan has a small coastline, anyway:

its:
4-5 ATR-72MPA
10 Sea Sultan

give it 2-3 years.

Hmm. Hopefully conversion process starts much sooner. Having even 2-3 such new Sea Sultans (fully converted) will start making the differences.

Hmm. Hopefully conversion process starts much sooner. Having even 2-3 such new Sea Sultans (fully converted) will start making the differences.

Its not reeeeeally a pressing need, P3s are STILL very capable and reliable aircraft, allows for Pakistan to work on some more comfortable timelines instead of rushing everything out

Back
Top Bottom