What's new

Pakistani Military's Conventional Deterrence Against India's Cold Start Doctrine

Indian Army being in the state it is in (allegedly), dunno why the Pak Fauj doesnt invade Kashmir and take it....

Regards

No one wants another war, but when you go through a whole thread reading about (alleged) Indian armoured thrusts into Pakistan, and then read (from Janes and the Indian government itself), that forces are simply not equipped or supplied, and a Indian Lt Gen calls it a "hollow army", then I have every right to point it out.
It's not a case of Heinz Guderian planning lightening thrusts cutting through France within days, it's more akin to Hitler moving around imaginary divisions in his bunker during the last days of the Reich, that only had 30 tanks and 200 men in them.

The fantasy game is now over. If there is a war and India starts it, you can be assured that it will be facing a very well equipped and trained army that has been battle hardened over the last 16 years...

Who's lying? You are comparing signed contracts with a development program.

All the T-72s necessary are upgraded. That's 1600 of them.

That post wasn't direct towards you, it was at Dazzler.

The very, very last line of reserves.

I would recommend checking from the PA whether they have the ability to handle IA's definition of "10 days of intense fighting".

This is hilarious now.

Here in India we are talking about upgrading the T-90 with a new engine, a full scope APS and a new missile and you are talking about non-existent issues. :lol:

This is the point I am making, it's the point Janes makes and its the point the Indian Army Vice Chief of staff make and you have made yourself. "Here in India we are talking" sums up the state of affairs properly. Talk of Arjun, Tejas and upgrades has been going on for years. Unfortunately you dont fight wars with equipment you hope to get in the future, you fight then with what is at hand now.

Arjun is not been inducted in many numbers. Talk of Tejas MKII is great, plane has not even had first flight yet.
Indian Army itself has said in the parliamentary report that 25 Indian Army "Made in India" projects that are being "talked" about are in danger of being cancelled for lack of funds.

You can mock as much as you want, but when your enemy is on the verge of inducting it's 7th home built fighter squadron, churning out home made APCs and more modern Khalid tanks every month, literally signing in for the tech for modern assault rifles, then eventually you have to realise over last 20 odd years the "talk" has bought you nothing. If you follow Indian defence commentators on Twitter, most are saying Indian Army actually needs to be massively cut back in order to stand any chance of modernisation. The modern Indian Army ORBAT was built off the back of massive and cheap Soviet supplied equipment. Equipping all of these divisons to modern/NATO standards will require a budget not far off the US Army's unless you make your own. Which as we have seen, is proving hard to put it mildly.

This is the point I am making, it's the point Janes makes and its the point the Indian Army Vice Chief of staff make and you have made yourself. "Here in India we are talking" sums up the state of affairs properly. Talk of Arjun, Tejas and upgrades has been going on for years. Unfortunately you dont fight wars with equipment you hope to get in the future, you fight then with what is at hand now.

I don't get why you are talking about Arjun and Tejas. The army is using T-72s and T-90s and none of them have night fighting issues.

Arjun is not been inducted in many numbers. Talk of Tejas MKII is great, plane has not even had first flight yet.
Indian Army itself has said in the parliamentary report that 25 Indian Army "Made in India" projects that are being "talked" about are in danger of being cancelled for lack of funds.

You can mock as much as you want, but when your enemy is on the verge of inducting it's 7th home built fighter squadron, churning out home made APCs and more modern Khalid tanks every month, literally signing in for the tech for modern assault rifles, then eventually you have to realise over last 20 odd years the "talk" has bought you nothing. If you follow Indian defence commentators on Twitter, most are saying Indian Army actually needs to be massively cut back in order to stand any chance of modernisation. The modern Indian Army ORBAT was built off the back of massive and cheap Soviet supplied equipment. Equipping all of these divisons to modern/NATO standards will require a budget not far off the US Army's unless you make your own. Which as we have seen, is proving hard to put it mildly.

Sorry, but you have no clue what you are talking about. We have 3000+ T-90s and T-72s, let's talk about that. You can't compare what Pakistan is inducting with that of India's.

India's suffering budget issues because we have to prepare against China too. But the greater spending priority is towards Pakistan. And if we go to war today, our equipment and funds are far too much for Pak to handle regardless of the piecemeal inductions Pak has made over the last 20 years.

Anyway--
https://www.stratpost.com/drdo-asks-for-lca-mk2-funding/
In submissions made to the committee, Secretary, Defence Research and Development and Chairman, DRDO, S. Christopher mentioned a request of INR 800 crore for work on the LCA Mk2, also, saying the Indian Air Force (IAF) had committed itself to 201 LCA Mk2, in addition to the 123 LCA Mk1/1A or order or being contemplated at the moment.

Who's lying? You are comparing signed contracts with a development program.

All the T-72s necessary are upgraded. That's 1600 of them.

That post wasn't direct towards you, it was at Dazzler.

The very, very last line of reserves.

I would recommend checking from the PA whether they have the ability to handle IA's definition of "10 days of intense fighting".

This is hilarious now.

Here in India we are talking about upgrading the T-90 with a new engine, a full scope APS and a new missile and you are talking about non-existent issues. :lol:

Shortage of ammo is a fact, not fiction, and you guys are still short of it as we speak.
Your t-90 is already a joke for a number of reasons. The parts made at OFB, which is known for dubious quality manufacturing all over the world, have messed your t-90s quite badly. The testimony to that came during the recent Biathlon. You expect to fight a war with a weapon system that didnt last a sporting event. :D

Where is the proof of all 1600 t-72s upgraded with night vision when they were still being upgraded as late as 2017? Your posts are nothing but hilarious. Prove your claims with evidence. As for the war wastage reserves, your comptroller report keeps busting the fantasies so blame them.

The project Rhino itself is a joke and is a source of kickbacks and commissions for many,

Last edited:
I don't get why you are talking about Arjun and Tejas. The army is using T-72s and T-90s and none of them have night fighting issues.

Sorry, but you have no clue what you are talking about. We have 3000+ T-90s and T-72s, let's talk about that. You can't compare what Pakistan is inducting with that of India's.

India's suffering budget issues because we have to prepare against China too. But the greater spending priority is towards Pakistan. And if we go to war today, our equipment and funds are far too much for Pak to handle regardless of the piecemeal inductions Pak has made over the last 20 years.

Anyway--

In submissions made to the committee, Secretary, Defence Research and Development and Chairman, DRDO, S. Christopher mentioned a request of INR 800 crore for work on the LCA Mk2, also, saying the Indian Air Force (IAF) had committed itself to 201 LCA Mk2, in addition to the 123 LCA Mk1/1A or order or being contemplated at the moment.

Again, unsure why you have to get very aggressive in your responses, it seems to be a constant with you.

T-72s. The vast majority of the Indian tank fleet, is unable to fight at night, this has been stated repeatedly by Indian and non Indian sources. You simply have no proof here. A simple Google search shows only 600 T-72s have night capability, non of the BMP1/2s do. Total Indian tank fleet does indeed number around 3,000 compared to around 2,000 for Pakistan. Not a glaringly outnumbering us

You still have no SPHs to support any armoured thrust

Shortage of ammo is a fact, not fiction, and you guys are still short of it as we speak.

Final line of reserves. We have no shortage when it comes to dealing with Pakistan.

Your t-90 is already a joke for a number of reasons. The parts made at OFB, which is known for dubious quality manufacturing all over the world, have messed your t-90s quite badly. The testimony to that came during the recent Biathlon. You expect to fight a war with a weapon system that didnt last a sporting event. :D

Dude, you make funny posts. The T-90s are bad eh? And who told you that? Have you even been in India, let alone South India, or Avadi?

Where is the proof of all 1600 t-72s upgraded with night vision when they were still being upgraded as late as 2017? Your posts are nothing but hilarious. Prove your claims with evidence. As for the war wastage reserves, your comptroller report keeps busting the fantasies so blame them.

All the T-72s have been upgraded with TIs. Next up is the engine upgrade.

The project Rhino itself is a joke and is a source of kickbacks and commissions for many,

:lol: We don't upgrade Type 59s and call them modern tanks. I would first recommend bringing your tanks up to the Indian T-72's standards before you start talking about the IA.

Final line of reserves. We have no shortage when it comes to dealing with Pakistan.

Dude, you make funny posts. The T-90s are bad eh? And who told you that? Have you even been in India, let alone South India, or Avadi?

All the T-72s have been upgraded with TIs. Next up is the engine upgrade.

:lol: We don't upgrade Type 59s and call them modern tanks. I would first recommend bringing your tanks up to the Indian T-72's standards before you start talking about the IA.

Where is the evidence that all t-72s are upgraded?

Again, unsure why you have to get very aggressive in your responses, it seems to be a constant with you.

Did you forget your very first response to my rebuttal was you insinuated I was lying?

I think you should look at the tone of your compatriots first.

T-72s. The vast majority of the Indian tank fleet, is unable to fight at night, this has been stated repeatedly by Indian and non Indian sources. You simply have no proof here. A simple Google search shows only 600 T-72s have night capability, non of the BMP1/2s do.

What do you mean no proof?

This link talks about 1000 tanks by the end of Sept 2015 and it was an ongoing process that continued on until next year. And this is not counting the 300 upgraded in 2010.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...anks-improved-night-vision/article6911932.ece

Please tell me you are seriously not comparing IA's IFVs with PA's, right?

Total Indian tank fleet does indeed number around 3,000 compared to around 2,000 for Pakistan. Not a glaringly outnumbering us

You should look up the type of tanks those 2000 are composed of. The Indian fleet numbers over 4500 in operational units and up to 6000 in total including reserves. The 3000 tanks I am talking about are highly upgraded with state of the art systems and their numbers have been increasing every year by the hundreds.

Similar capability tanks in the PA number about 600-700. And out of that 350 are not even comparable to the T-90S, let alone the T-90MS. The rest of PA's tanks are completely obsolete.

You still have no SPHs to support any armoured thrust

We do have SPHs. They are old, but they are still working. And we have a greater number of towed guns, not to mention the ammo for it.

Look, you have to compare what PA have with what IA have. PA's condition is absolutely terrible any any standards. IA is far, far too ahead in their modernization drive.

Where is the evidence that all t-72s are upgraded?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...anks-improved-night-vision/article6911932.ece

Did you forget your very first response to my rebuttal was you insinuated I was lying?

This link talks about 1000 tanks by the end of Sept 2015 and it was an ongoing process that continued on until next year. And this is not counting the 300 upgraded in 2010.

You should look up the type of tanks those 2000 are composed of. The Indian fleet numbers over 4500 in operational units and up to 6000 in total including reserves. The 3000 tanks I am talking about are highly upgraded with state of the art systems and their numbers have been increasing every year by the hundreds.

Similar capability tanks in the PA number about 600-700. And out of that 350 are not even comparable to the T-90S, let alone the T-90MS. The rest of PA's tanks are completely obsolete.

We do have SPHs. They are old, but they are still working. And we have a greater number of towed guns, not to mention the ammo for it.

Look, you have to compare what PA have with what IA have. PA's condition is absolutely terrible any any standards. IA is far, far too ahead in their modernization drive.

Indeed I agree that the older typ 59s and type 69s are completely obsolete by today's standards (except for counterinsurgency). However, the tanks in PA's arsenal that can match indian MBTs are Al-Khalid and Al Khalid 1 (600 planned), T-80UDs (may be upgraded to Oplot standard) and Type-85s(upgraded to 3 standard).
So yes, around 700 to 800 total.

So, this is your proof that all t72 are upgraded with night vision? You are implying that they may have upgraded by now. Man, get serious, do you even understand the meaning of the word "proof"?

As for the rest of your post, you dont have any APFSDS round in inventory that could penetrate more than 450mm of RHA based armor, let alone more than that. Thats a terrible position to be in as your mbts cannot penetrate the armour of your enemy.

AS for t-90MS, to date there is not a single MS in the IA inventory, the best mbt you have is improved S version to which your countrymen call the M version. The difference between S and M are engine output, armour, and addition of a new APU and ECS.

AT the moment, the only credible opponent to PA's mbt fleet is the t-90S, the t-72s are too fragile. Just one hit and theyll be totalled.

So, this is your proof that all t72 are upgraded with night vision? You are implying that they may have upgraded by now. Man, get serious, do you even understand the meaning of the word "proof"?

It's called a contract.

As for the rest of your post, you dont have any APFSDS round in inventory that could penetrate more than 450mm of RHA based armor, let alone more than that. Thats a terrible position to be in as your mbts cannot penetrate the armour of your enemy.

Haha. This is hilarious again.

AS for t-90MS, to date there is not a single MS in the IA inventory, the best mbt you have is improved S version to which your countrymen call the M version. The difference between S and M are engine output, armour, and addition of a new APU and ECS.

Already ordered.
https://thediplomat.com/2017/01/india-to-deploy-massive-tank-army-along-border-with-pakistan/
The Indian Army is set to deploy over 460 new T-90SM main battle tanks (MBTs) along India’s border with Pakistan, senior Indian defense officials told IHS Jane’s Defense Weekly on January 19.

AT the moment, the only credible opponent to PA's mbt fleet is the t-90S, the t-72s are too fragile. Just one hit and theyll be totalled.

I think you should ready post 143 first.

It's called a contract.

Haha. This is hilarious again.

Already ordered.
https://thediplomat.com/2017/01/india-to-deploy-massive-tank-army-along-border-with-pakistan/
The Indian Army is set to deploy over 460 new T-90SM main battle tanks (MBTs) along India’s border with Pakistan, senior Indian defense officials told IHS Jane’s Defense Weekly on January 19.

I think you should ready post 143 first.

This is what your source says:

ADT is the offset partner of Israeli company Elop-Elbit, which has won the contract for T-72 upgradation. “We started fitting Thermal Imager Fire Control Systems (TIFCS) in November 2014. So far, 170 kits have been supplied to the army,” he said adding the night vision technology will be fitted in 1,000 T-72s over the next one year.

Where does it say that the entire t-72 fleet has been outfitted with thermal imagers, or even night vision???
You seem to have some serious comprehension problems.

Sorry, but thats what it is.

Your tone is very aggressive. I accused you of lying because simply put that is what you are doing.
Again, you are being deliberately misleading here.

India by no stretch of anyone's imagination has 6,000 tanks. You are now simply plucking figures out of the air, this is why it is pointless arguing with you.

To say India is far ahead in terms of it's armoured formations again simply beggars belief and also shows a neglect of modern armoured warfare and what it involves.

Yes, Pak has outdated T-59s and T-69s that will not far well against anything other then a T-72. However if you look at Pakistan's strike divisions, her very cutting edge then you are looking at formations that not just match India's but in many respects are superior. Add to this the shortage of ammunition of all types and much longer supply lines in case of war, then it is not a rosy picture at all in any short war India and Pakistan fight in the plains and deserts.

I will not do a tank V tank comparison as personally think there is not much between our T-80UDS/Khalids and the T-90s. The battle will not be won by minor differences in tank specs, whatever armchair warriors like you may think, but let me point out some major differences that Indian Armour will face against Pak Armour. Please be advised I am basing this on ground reality now, not what you think/hope India will induct, but things as they are now with equipment to hand.,

1) Night capable. Most tanks (Al Zarrar, Khalid and T-80) have nigh capable, only a portion of India's do. This difference is more pronounced in APCs.
2) Mechanisation. Pakistan has approx the same number of APCs/IFVs as India. So for an Army half the size this gives Pakistan relatively higher portion of mechnised units. Simply put we can send men into mechnised battle in the same numbers, whilst Indian superiority in manpower numbers will be negated in the plains and deserts and the rest of your men will be Truck mounted or walking. Additionally Pakistan has made massive investments in equipping a large portion of it's APCs with Bakter Shikan/TOW/ANZA/Stingers. India has not done this with BMPS that really on their main gun. As a result the threat to Indian Armour increases even more
3) Mechanised support. Pakistan builds it's own tracked armoured logistics and command vehicles that are in widespread service. This mean that our HQs and resupply formation can keen up with armour in desert terrain. India lacks severely in these.
4) SPH, as you acknowledge, India's SPHs are ancient to the point of being unsuable or a liability in combat (I am aware they are trying to order more modern stuff) 80 Abbots with 105mm guns , with 10 mile range which must have limited servicability and some old Soviet ones. This compares to 300 M109A5s in Pakistan. In fast moving desert warfare towed artillery will be useless. Pakistan has a very important edge here as Indian armour will be subject to heavy artillery fire at a range of 20 miles away. This can be defined as "bad" for Indian armour
5) Shortage of lines of communications. Simply put battle reserves and resupply will be easier for Pakistan, also anti-tank helicopter support in the form of 40 AH-1s with TOWS is not just superior but will have much shorter flying times to support troops in contact then Indian MI24s, which also present a much bigger target.
6) Defensive positions, as Cold Start calls for penetration into Pakistani territory you can be sure then well dug in anti-tank and mine positions will slow any Indian thrust, giving Pakistani armour more time to react to slow moving Indian formations.
7) As mentioned Pakistani troops have all been in battle with one of the toughest and well equipped guerilla armies in the world for over 16 years, with all respect to Indian Army, in a total different league to what they faces in Kashmir and North East. Western Generals have commentated on how well we have performed. Most Pakistani infantry and armoured units (in an infantry role) and rotated into these areas. Some of these young officers have faced very tough battles and in fact some of our officers have been requested to train western cadets with their experiance. These men have been under real fire and seen friends die. You simply cannot place a value on combat experiance, and at least for the next 20 years India will be facing many senior NCOs and officers who have been through this.

All the above factors do not mean Pakistan will win, but certainly point to the fact India is certainly not assured of victory.....

Your tone is very aggressive. I accused you of lying because simply put that is what you are doing.

India by no stretch of anyone's imagination has 6,000 tanks. You are now simply plucking figures out of the air, this is why it is pointless arguing with you.

To say India is far ahead in terms of it's armoured formations again simply beggars belief and also shows a neglect of modern armoured warfare and what it involves.

Yes, Pak has outdated T-59s and T-69s that will not far well against anything other then a T-72. However if you look at Pakistan's strike divisions, her very cutting edge then you are looking at formations that not just match India's but in many respects are superior. Add to this the shortage of ammunition of all types and much longer supply lines in case of war, then it is not a rosy picture at all in any short war India and Pakistan fight in the plains and deserts.

I will not do a tank V tank comparison as personally think there is not much between our T-80UDS/Khalids and the T-90s. The battle will not be won by minor differences in tank specs, whatever armchair warriors like you may think, but let me point out some major differences that Indian Armour will face against Pak Armour. Please be advised I am basing this on ground reality now, not what you think/hope India will induct, but things as they are now with equipment to hand.,

1) Night capable. Most tanks (Al Zarrar, Khalid and T-80) have nigh capable, only a portion of India's do. This difference is more pronounced in APCs.
2) Mechanisation. Pakistan has approx the same number of APCs/IFVs as India. So for an Army half the size this gives Pakistan relatively higher portion of mechnised units. Simply put we can send men into mechnised battle in the same numbers, whilst Indian superiority in manpower numbers will be negated in the plains and deserts and the rest of your men will be Truck mounted or walking. Additionally Pakistan has made massive investments in equipping a large portion of it's APCs with Bakter Shikan/TOW/ANZA/Stingers. India has not done this with BMPS that really on their main gun. As a result the threat to Indian Armour increases even more
3) Mechanised support. Pakistan builds it's own tracked armoured logistics and command vehicles that are in widespread service. This mean that our HQs and resupply formation can keen up with armour in desert terrain. India lacks severely in these.
4) SPH, as you acknowledge, India's SPHs are ancient to the point of being unsuable or a liability in combat (I am aware they are trying to order more modern stuff) 80 Abbots with 105mm guns , with 10 mile range which must have limited servicability and some old Soviet ones. This compares to 300 M109A5s in Pakistan. In fast moving desert warfare towed artillery will be useless. Pakistan has a very important edge here as Indian armour will be subject to heavy artillery fire at a range of 20 miles away. This can be defined as "bad" for Indian armour
5) Shortage of lines of communications. Simply put battle reserves and resupply will be easier for Pakistan, also anti-tank helicopter support in the form of 40 AH-1s with TOWS is not just superior but will have much shorter flying times to support troops in contact then Indian MI24s, which also present a much bigger target.
6) Defensive positions, as Cold Start calls for penetration into Pakistani territory you can be sure then well dug in anti-tank and mine positions will slow any Indian thrust, giving Pakistani armour more time to react to slow moving Indian formations.
7) As mentioned Pakistani troops have all been in battle with one of the toughest and well equipped guerilla armies in the world for over 16 years, with all respect to Indian Army, in a total different league to what they faces in Kashmir and North East. Western Generals have commentated on how well we have performed. Most Pakistani infantry and armoured units (in an infantry role) and rotated into these areas. Some of these young officers have faced very tough battles and in fact some of our officers have been requested to train western cadets with their experiance. These men have been under real fire and seen friends die. You simply cannot place a value on combat experiance, and at least for the next 20 years India will be facing many senior NCOs and officers who have been through this.

All the above factors do not mean Pakistan will win, but certainly point to the fact India is certainly not assured of victory.....

So you are accusing me of lying when all you have done is not believe the Israelis have carried out their contractual obligations? We signed up with them to upgrade 1600+ T-72s and they have finished their job. BEL received an order for 1746 Commander's TI sights for the T-72s. We are now moving on to the next step of upgrading the tanks with new engines. You do realize tanks are upgraded in phases right? First comes armour/firepower, then electronics, then comes mobility. We have finished electronics upgrades and are now moving on to upgrading the T-72's engines. Since the T-72's electronics have received upgrades, we have since moved on to the upgrade of the BMP-2.

http://www.janes.com/article/72183/indian-army-to-upgrade-693-bmp-2-icvs

faF8jmM.png

Just so you know, India doesn't half-*** upgrades.

India has 4000 frontline tanks, 1000-1500 tanks in reserve and another 500+ tanks, some that the infantry are using as pillboxes. You may remember that we still have the Vijayanta and T-55. We operate 2418 T-72s.

Stop comparing Pakistan's APCs with India's IFVs.

India's SPHs are fine. You should be more worried about your own tanks and SPHs when you may lack the ability to ensure air superiority over your ground units.

PA's combat experience with the Taliban is irrelevant.

There is another perspective on the 2001-02 standoff, it was fist brought to my notice by Brig Samson Saraf (if I remember correct it was Brig Saraf) posting on the sadly defunct chowk.com. The perspective had two key propositions:

1. The mobilisation of Pak troops to the Eastern border forced it to substantially abandon its guard on the Western front where the Pak Army had the putative TTP on the mat. This allowed the likes of Baitullah and Radio to mobilise and eventually they would be a serious threat later in the decade.
2. This, along with the Parliament attack itself, was a deliberate act of the Indian Army/agencies in connivance with some foreign powers.

I am a peace loving Bong having remotely nothing to do with the business of fighting but experts here like @Oscar and @Joe Shearer may want to chip in on this.

Regards

Or we may not.

I admire the Brigadier, largely for his accessibility and his communications skills, but as a loyal Army officer, he subscribed to every release of the Grand Conspiracy Theory and its lower level formations.

The Pakistan Army never took the TTP seriously until late in the day; nothing the Indians did inhibited their deployment.

Nobody was involved in playing games with Pakistan, other than some of their ostensible well-wishers from across the northern Arabian Sea. It is utterly ridiculous that those entities would pay lip service to the world-wide community of the faithful by day, but by night be plotting with our own truly dumb security services against Pakistan.

It doesn't compute.

Appreciate your detailed response. My thoughts on this subject -

• Up to late 1960s the conventional disparity was insufficient for India to 'cull' Pakistan. Although india still had superiority in numbers but it was nominal and this is reflected in how Pakistan was the aggressor in 1965.

• However from 1971 the disparity increased. From mid 1970s onwards was opportune time for India to destroy - not conquer/annex as that is beyond India but to destroy the Pakistani state. [India has over half a million soldiers stationed to pacify few million Kashmiri's]. This window lasted from 1971 on to early 1990s. Nothing ever is perfect. No war as been fought in ideal circumstances. From perspective of India it was 'the moment' missed. I think this was down to internal weakness in the Indian society. Both countries are not suited for long term, heavy wars of attrition like Europe/Japan were in both WWs.

• Post 1998 and the nuclear dawn the possibility of India attacking or posing a existential threat is in my opinion zero. I cannot see India attacking now when the cost of such mis-adventure would be nuclear war. If India did not do this when the 'window was open' from 1971 to 1990 when the military disparity was the greatest the chance of that now is zero.

• However I think the rivalry between both countries will focus on geo-strategy and the economic field. The critical factor will be which of these countries creates a fair, social, economic, safe, secure and stable internal environment. This is where the rivalry will be played out. This is where Pakistan is losing. We have a reputation as terrorist, radical, misogynist, crazed country on earth and this is reflected in the stock value of Pakistan's passport which lingers right at the bottom with Afghanistan and Syria. This makes Pakistam's position in my estimation even worse then both those countries. At least they are at war and have foreign armies trampling ove them.

• The problem in Pakistan is there is little appetite to tackle this problem. To begin with the in your face use of religion as a commodity has to stop. But the problem is the very elite that should tackle the problem has been cultivating this beast. Religion has been the red flag that has been used to distract and hypnotize the bull called the Pakistani masses. However the good news is with increasing Chinese influence we have a outside party that has the means and the reasons to push the elite to sort out the madhouse we call Pakistan. I am placing lot of store on the China factor in taming the rampent fake religious piety that has wrought destruction and obfuscated from what needs to be done instead Pakistan. Some of that is apparent even on this forum.

• To be sure Pakistan should have enjoyed the nuclear dividend. That is with MAD in place and Indian threat efectively checkmated the conventional size of Pak military should have been drastically cut by as much as 30%. We do not need masses of armour when huge tank protracted tank battle will not take place as soon the nuclear 'click' will kick in. However because of no civilian oversight of Pak armed forces and the institutional inertia - no organizations likes saying 'look we need to downsize' this has not happened. The resources saved could be spent on beefing up internal security forces and establish the effective law and order within the country.

• I think the rivalry between Pakistan and India is not neccassrily a bad thing. Only we need to focus on the economic, health and sports. This can only help both peoples to rise. We have too many poor people.

• On another note your post brings out what I have been saying for a long time. Pakistan does have a geographic reality underpining it. You alluded to it. The Indus Valley is effectively differantiated from rest of South Asia by first the Rann of Kutch which I have shown as red and the [ii]Thar Desert which I have shown as yellow. Only in the northern portion of both Punjabs does the divide become fuzzy. For vast majority of Pakistan/India border there exists the real physical differantiation.

fv2yar8.jpg

@Cybernetics @Joe Shearer

I find nothing here that I don't completely believe myself.

Just to add that there was also a disinclination at Indian strategic levels to actually do anything to harm Pakistan; there is no appetite except among extravagantly moustached junior generals to inflict further organic harm on Pakistan. Second, the rationale for Pakistan lies not merely in the geographically convenient layout of the state, but even more strongly in the embracing of the concept of their state by Pakistanis themselves, the man in the street. Nothing can nullify this, nothing can be stronger than this.

So you are accusing me of lying when all you have done is not believe the Israelis have carried out their contractual obligations? We signed up with them to upgrade 1600+ T-72s and they have finished their job. BEL received an order for 1746 Commander's TI sights for the T-72s. We are now moving on to the next step of upgrading the tanks with new engines. You do realize tanks are upgraded in phases right? First comes armour/firepower, then electronics, then comes mobility. We have finished electronics upgrades and are now moving on to upgrading the T-72's engines. Since the T-72's electronics have received upgrades, we have since moved on to the upgrade of the BMP-2.

faF8jmM.png

Just so you know, India doesn't half-*** upgrades.

India has 4000 frontline tanks, 1000-1500 tanks in reserve and another 500+ tanks, some that the infantry are using as pillboxes. You may remember that we still have the Vijayanta and T-55. We operate 2418 T-72s.

Stop comparing Pakistan's APCs with India's IFVs.

India's SPHs are fine. You should be more worried about your own tanks and SPHs when you may lack the ability to ensure air superiority over your ground units.

PA's combat experience with the Taliban is irrelevant.

Lets leave this here. No open source states India has 6,000 tanks and you have not proved otherwise, just writing it on the internet does not make it so.

I did a factual comparison of India v Pak SPHs. If you think India is fine so be it, reality will not change your opinion or dare I say effect your life. It will take the lives of Indian armour being pounded by 155mm shells from long range. You dont seem to care about that then good for you.

If you ask any soldier on the planet, they will tell you any combat experiance is valuable, the fact you can deny this very basic tenet of soldiering again shows you are willing to defy logic, reality and plan common sense just because India does not have it and Pakistan does.

Better leave it here as you will slowly drive me to more laughter

Back
Top Bottom