What's new

Pakistani mega hit film ‘'Waar'’ | Reviews & Discussions.

I am currently visiting Karachi, and Cinemas don't have it here. I have yet to watch it :(
In Karachi check out Atrium Cinema (021)111-626-384

Also Universal Cineplex 021- 35840996-97 also 021 35846604

WAAR "Pakistani Movie"

December 24, 2013
Dhoom 3 has just crossed 100crore barrier. After reading this news i was just doing hypothetical analysis of Dhoom3 and Pakistani block buster WAAR. Honestly with result i was shocked. Without prejudice just think Dhoom3 has been released on 4500 screens all over India simultaneously and it is expected to make 300 Crores all over India maximum. Now just imagine if WAAR would have been released in same way and on same scale on 4500screens then what could be the stats. WAAR has earned 190012587 PKR from just 53 screens. Means per screen WAAR has earned 3585143 PKR on box office. Suppose if WAAR would have been released on 4500screens simultaneously then just multiply 3585143 PKR with 4500. The result will be 16133144179 PKR means WAAR could earn 16 Billion PKR on box office. Also not to forget Dhoon 3 has universal certificate in pak where as waar had just adult's certificate and Doom 3 has been released in 56 screens where as waar had just 53 screens in the country.
So guys WAAR is much bigger film than Dhoom3.

via Waar Fan ;
Khurram Shahzad

WAAR "Pakistani Movie"

Last edited:
Pakistani Action Film 'Waar' Top IMDb Best Of 2013 Poll
NEWS
BY KEVIN JAGERNAUTH
DECEMBER 31, 2013 6:19 PM

680x478

Yeah, we know....it's only hours until the ball drops in Times Square and yes, we'll be getting our party hats on soon. But one more list for you before we say hello to 2014: it's the IMDB Best Of 2013 Poll.

Yep, the comprehensive site of all things movies has released their list of the Highest Rated Feature Films Released In 2013 with the caveat being they had to get at least 10,000 votes. And perhaps speaking to the growing influence of international audiences, the Pakistani action flick "Waar" (an Urdu word meaning "to strike") came out on top with a 9.1/10. You can check out a trailer for the movie below so you can get a sense of what the war on terror themed flick is all about.

Coming in right behind, surprisingly given its C+ CinemaScore, is Martin Scorsese's controversial "The Wolf Of Wall Street" (8.8/10) followed closely by "12 Years A Slave" (8.7/10). Essentially, the biggest and/or most acclaimed of the movies of the year take up the majority of the list, with some random outliers like the mediocre rom-com "About Time" managing to sneak on there.

IMDb Best Of 2013
1. Waar 9.1/10
2. The Wolf of Wall Street 8.8/10
3. 12 Years a Slave 8.7/10
4. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag 8.4/10
5. Gravity 8.4/10
6. Rush 8.3/10
7. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 8.3/10
8. American Hustle 8.2/10
9. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire 8.1/10
10. Blue Is the Warmest Color 8.1/10
11. Before Midnight 8.1/10
12. Frozen 8.1/10
13. Prisoners 8.1/10
14. Captain Phillips 8.1/10
15. The Past 8.1/10
16. Star Trek Into Darkness 7.9/10
17. The Best Offer 7.8/10
18. About Time 7.8/10
19. Special 26 7.8/10
20. Blue Jasmine 7.7/10

Pakistani Action Film 'Waar,' 'The Wolf Of Wall Street' & '12 Years A Slave' Top IMDb Best Of 2013 Poll | The Playlist

Also......

Meesha Shafi, Actress of Waar makes it to Hot 100 High Flyers.

The Official Meesha Shafi Page
December 21, 2013
"Though she be but little, she is fierce! Shakespeare's words are apt for hot Pakistani powerhouse, Meesha Shafi, singer, actor and model, who wowed Pakistan with her appearance in her debut Hollywood movie The Reluctant Fundamentalist, then impressed with a Bollywood appearance in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, and this year was dramatic as Laxmi in the fabulous Pakistani blockbuster, Waar. Shafi became an overnight success with Jugni, her collaboration with Arif Lohar on season three of Coke Studio and from then on, there was no looking back. Next year, Meesha will appear in the Hollywood production of The Tournament of Shadows."

Last edited:
@Umair Nawaz Dhoom 3 broke the record of Waar in Pakistan, how are you feeling. :sarcastic::sarcastic:
I say this......

Dhoom 3 has just crossed 100crore barrier. After reading this news i was just doing hypothetical analysis of Dhoom3 and Pakistani block buster WAAR. Honestly with result i was shocked. Without prejudice just think Dhoom3 has been released on 4500 screens all over India simultaneously and it is expected to make 300 Crores all over India maximum. Now just imagine if WAAR would have been released in same way and on same scale on 4500screens then what could be the stats. WAAR has earned 190012587 PKR from just 53 screens. Means per screen WAAR has earned 3585143 PKR on box office. Suppose if WAAR would have been released on 4500screens simultaneously then just multiply 3585143 PKR with 4500. The result will be 16133144179 PKR means WAAR could earn 16 Billion PKR on box office. Also not to forget Dhoon 3 has universal certificate in pak where as waar had just adult's certificate and Doom 3 has been released in 56 screens where as waar had just 53 screens in the country.

Also its a copy of Hollywood films like ''Prestige'' and ''Now u see me''. In pak Girls have watched this movie more then Men so obviously its not because of the movie and material its been hit but because of its Star attraction unlike Waar.

@Umair Nawaz Dhoom 3 broke the record of Waar in Pakistan, how are you feeling. :sarcastic::sarcastic:
also read post#798

I say this......

Also its a copy of Hollywood films like ''Prestige'' and ''Now u see me''. In pak Girls have watched this movie more then Men so obviously its not because of the movie and material its been hit but because of its Star attraction unlike Waar.

Lol excuses, if my aunty had balls she would have been my uncle.

A shitty Indian movie broke all records solely because of good marketing. Why didn't waar release on so many theatres, it's simple there was no demand for it.

I say this......

also read post#798

Pakistani people spent more money to watch Dhoom 3 compared to Waar. I never mentioned total earning of Dhoom 3 across India. ;)

A shitty Indian movie broke all records solely because of good marketing. Why didn't waar release on so many theatres, it's simple there was no demand for it.
LOL u can cry a river anytime u want......But remember Waar still is the highest grossing movie of our history.....and Dhoom 3 after its first few weeks in Pak has drastically came down in its momentum so its very hard to say that it will still be able break all the records that Waar holds.

Pakistani people spent more money to watch Dhoom 3 compared to Waar. I never mentioned total earning of Dhoom 3 across India. ;)
Maybe.........BTW pakistanis r generally very rich...But when it comes to country nobody gives a penny as u know only 2% pay taxes. So when i say we have better overall living standards then yr country this is usually what i mean. This Film was mostly seen by girls because of its universal certificate and star attraction. But that too now have left the fans disappointed when they came to know that its a copy of ''Prestige'' and ''Now u see me'' so its overall hype and momentum of its first few week where it broke records has drastically reduced.

Last edited:
now we have to a new issue to fight about .. a film .. girls stop fighting.

The story was shitty and baseless, however the songs were incredible and Aamir Khan's acting was superb.

P.S. I heard somewhere that Amitab's son also played a role in the movie ;)

KARACHI: If Waar was called the “unstoppable” film at the box office then Dhoom 3will be the “invincible” one as it has achieved most of the milestones in half the time.

It started off with the highest first day collections but now Dhoom 3 has set a new record of having the biggest first-week box office collection by any film in Pakistan. In seven days,Dhoom 3 managed to gather a total of around Rs123 million. The previous record holder for first week collections was Waar with a nine-day collection of Rs95 million.

Given that another weekend is in sight and winter vacations are underway, the film is expected to earn a total of Rs250 million in Pakistan. This will make Dhoom 3 the highest-grossing film in the history of Pakistani box office, beating Waar’s total business of around Rs220 million as of December 25.

Into its 44th day in cinemas, Waar is still playing with limited number of shows at Atrium Cinema, Karachi and Centaurus Cinema, Islamabad. However, that will most likely not have a big impact on its present total collection.

Additionally, due to a petition filed in the Lahore High Court (LHC), the Central Board Film Censorship (CBFC) has been given a stay order and there are contentions about the issuance of No Objection Certificate (NOC) to smuggled Indian films. If there is a decrease in Indian films being imported into Pakistan in the imminent future, Dhoom 3 will likely stay on the screens longer. This in turn could lead Dhoom 3 to become the first film to achieve the Rs300 million milestone.
Dhoom 3 sets new record in first-week collections, beating Waar – The Express Tribune

Lollywood apne ghar me hi apni izzat nhi bacha paya......international locations to door ki baat hai

O bhai Pakistani market expend kar rahi hai ... Log cinema jana shuru ho gaye hain ... Kuch dino mai dhoom ka record bhi toot jaye ga .......

O bhai Pakistani market expend kar rahi hai ... Log cinema jana shuru ho gaye hain ... Kuch dino mai dhoom ka record bhi toot jaye ga .......
Do month me itna expand ho gya ki waar ka record tut gaya .....seems unbelievable

Do month me itna expand ho gya ki waar ka record tut gaya .....seems unbelievable
How much the big Movie Bollywood makes they cant compete with Hollywood Why is that I single Reason Their Market Is Way Bigger and their demand 2
And compering 2 Film of on market level is Idiotic Because In the end it dsnt matter good a movie is in the end it will be which has big market

Back
Top Bottom