What's new

Pakistani laws prohibiting underage marriage un-Islamic: CII

Yeah but puberty is seen as the criterion so the acceptable age would 15-16 at the youngest although because of poverty levels it is not hard to find parents marrying their younger daughters off. In the Islamic sense though such a thing is illegal because the girl has to be able to give consent and know what she is giving consent too.

CII is obviously trying to bypass puberty as well when they say any age is acceptable.

Girls reach puberty much before that. 12 or 13 is the average in many places, and even younger in places that have high nutrition and health standards.

Girls reach puberty much before that. 12 or 13 is the average in many places, and even younger in places that have high nutrition and health standards.

Yeah but a 12 year old would not be able to give consent or at least not know what she is consenting too. That being said this is a tight rope even over here in the US a few states allow parents to marry their daughters off as young as 12 or 13 as long as the parents consent.

Yeah but puberty is seen as the criterion so the acceptable age would 15-16 at the youngest although because of poverty levels it is not hard to find parents marrying their younger daughters off. In the Islamic sense though such a thing is illegal because the girl has to be able to give consent and know what she is giving consent too.

Girls reach puberty at 12-13. I am playing the Devil's advocate here. I don't agree with CII, for me the minimum age should be 18. But in the religious sense I don't see how CII are wrong from the explanations that I have got so far.

Yeah but a 12 year old would not be able to give consent or at least not know what she is consenting too. That being said this is a tight rope even over here in the US a few states allow parents to marry their daughters off as young as 12 or 13 as long as the parents consent.

In most states of the US, it is 18 years, and 16 with parental consent. In three or four states, like New Hampshire, younger ones can be married with parental and judicial consent under ''special circumstances'' - meaning if the boy already got the girl pregnant. Needless to say, that's irrelevant to the issue of child marriage in Pakistan.

Yes I know that a 12 year old cannot give consent, which is why puberty should not be the criterion. Apart from consent, there is also the issue of good sense. Can a 15 year old really be expected to make a wise, thoughtful decision on whom she should spend the rest of her life with? Do 15 year olds have the wisdom and maturity? No.

Girls reach puberty at 12-13. I am playing the Devil's advocate here. I don't agree with CII, for me the minimum age should be 18. But in the religious sense I don't see how CII are wrong from the explanations that I have got so far.

Yeah but if you read the OP they are not asking for girls who have reached puberty to be married off, what they are saying is any child of any age but we will only consummate when they reach puberty..... They are literally asking for legalized pedophilia.

in islam young marriage can take place but until they grow up they would remain separate and when they are mature enough to understand marriage they would be asked if they can continue with this or not if they say no its ended

in islam young marriage can take place but until they grow up they would remain separate and when they are mature enough to understand marriage they would be asked if they can continue with this or not if they say no its ended
No, it is not ended just like this. They have to go for divorce, and it is easier said then done in the Islamic society.

Then why not just wait until they are old enough before marrying them off? Why marry them and then wait and then change the decision?

Mullahs should be kicked out from this country, they always talk sh!t whenever they open their f!lthy mouths.

Mullah's ki maan ki ankh! - We have international obligations to take care of. Pakistan's constitution is supreme and must prevail.

If they don't agree, they must be deported to a country of their choosing.

No, it is not ended just like this. They have to go for divorce, and it is easier said then done in the Islamic society.
Sir its easy in Islamic Society but not Pakistani Society Sir lot of our things are according to Hinduism still

Mullah's ki maan ki ankh! - We have international obligations to take care of. Pakistan's constitution is supreme and must prevail.

If they don't agree, they must be deported to a country of their choosing.
Sir constitution is made by human first and Quran and Sunnah is supreme and this law goes against Quran and Sunnah sir so and in Quran and Sunnah order are clear follow your leader but if you have fight with him return to Quran and Sunnah and this was said by HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW and all the 4 great caliphs

Then why not just wait until they are old enough before marrying them off? Why marry them and then wait and then change the decision?
Mostly Islam encourages to get married when they are little older but not much Islam encourages the moment girl reaches 16 and above parents should try to get her married and same for boys

Sir its easy in Islamic Society but not Pakistani Society Sir lot of our things are according to Hinduism still
In which islamic society are women free to divorce their husband easily before consummating the marriage? Saudi Arabia? Yemen? Please tell us which is that islamic society where evil hinduism doesn't prevent women from easily leaving their husbands.

the real issue is somebody else deciding for you, who you should marry.

Easy in Islamic society? Divorce is worst among those things which are permissible (halal) in Islam. Did the Prophet (PBUH) divorce any one of his wife? or the Khulafa Rashideen?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom