What's new

Pakistani laws prohibiting underage marriage un-Islamic: CII

It's actually surprising that such topics are being discussed in today's Pakistan - (reminds me of the pics of Afghanistan in the 60's and the Afghanistan under talibs).
Why surprising? Is it more surprising than negotiating with psychopath terrorists, and offering them a political office?

But are they wrong strictly in the religious context?
Did not really get you. But as I mentioned, there are no rulings on the minimum or maximum age in Quran or Hadith, hence the issue at hand is social and not religious.

But are they wrong strictly in the religious context?

Yes they are wrong

Marriage in Islam is permissible upon a few conditions.

1: Puberty
2: Mutual consent of the couple
3: Sanity
4: Ability to financially support the bride as the groom pays for the wedding, Haq Mahr (Right of the Wedding is a gift to the bride paid in cash)..

Nikkah (Islamic wedding) can't be conducted unless above parameters are met.

IIC is exploiting the grey areas.

CII only makes recommendations. They are seldom implemented. So please stop jumping about it.

Plain illiterate and narrow minded taqleedi mullay !

Yes.

4: Ability to financially support the bride as the groom pays for the wedding, Haq Mahr (Right of the Wedding is a gift to the bride paid in cash).

So if the last three conditions are fulfilled, wouldn't it be okay (again in the religious sense) to bypass the existing laws and get the girl married as soon as she reaches puberty? So technically CII may be right.

CII only makes recommendations. They are seldom implemented. So please stop jumping about it.

this is not the point, the point is what the **** is wrong with them? why making it an issue, anything that may protect the women, these mullah have a problem with it.. and then they pull out the knife of Islam and stab it in our chests?

Some pats of Religious textbooks of Hindus or Muslims are not comptible with the modern world,time to forget it and avoid its influence while making laws or constitution of the country.

" the CII said there is no minimum age of marriage according to Islam."

From the explanation that @Aeronaut gave I don't see how CII are in the wrong.

So if the last three conditions are fulfilled, wouldn't it be okay (again in the religious sense) to bypass the existing laws and get the girl married as soon as she reaches puberty? So technically CII may be right.

That takes a miracle.

1: Kids reach puberty in different ages

2: Groom has to have a viable source of income as he has to foot the bill for the wedding, Haq-e-mahr and a pre agreed divorce settlement should the marriage break down.

3: Sanity or ability to think objectively means that both have to be mature in age.

CII also suggested this nonsense same day.

CII wants law to make 2nd marriage easy - DAWN.COM

So basically CII is saying it wants to marry children and that they do want to ask their first wives permisiion before doing so but that somehow they will treat all equally. :disagree::rolleyes:

" the CII said there is no minimum age of marriage according to Islam."

From the explanation that @Aeronaut gave I don't see how CII are in the wrong.

Yeah but puberty is seen as the criterion so the acceptable age would 15-16 at the youngest although because of poverty levels it is not hard to find parents marrying their younger daughters off. In the Islamic sense though such a thing is illegal because the girl has to be able to give consent and know what she is giving consent too.

CII is obviously trying to bypass puberty as well when they say any age is acceptable.

Multiple marraiges should be easy but not without the wife's consent. Islam gives her the right to refuse. CII can't just make up stuff.

That takes a miracle.

1: Kids reach puberty in different ages

2: Groom has to have a viable source of income as he has to foot the bill for the wedding, Haq-e-mahr and a pre agreed divorce settlement should the marriage break down.

3: Sanity or ability to think objectively means that both have to be mature in age.

1. Agreed. Hence they are saying that there shouldn't be a minimum age. Usually girls reach puberty much before 16.

2. Groom can be older and financially stable. The bride doesn't have to be. I am talking from the bride's side mainly.

3. As long as one is not insane, you don't have a way to determine that. Older people may also lack ability to think objectivity.

Mullahs should be kicked out from this country, they always talk sh!t whenever they open their f!lthy mouths.

Multiple marraiges should be easy but not without the wife's consent. Islam gives her the right to refuse. CII can't just make up stuff.
Which idiot told you that Sir no wife permission is needed in Islam this is law of Pakistan not Islam Sir what only is you can't have secret marriage your first wife should no because you will have to spend time with both of them so if every second day husband is missing without wife knowing that is not allowed but a person doesn't have to take permission sir

Yes.

4: Ability to financially support the bride as the groom pays for the wedding, Haq Mahr (Right of the Wedding is a gift to the bride paid in cash).
Please allow me to disagree here.

1: Puberty: As I have mentioned, neither in Quran nor in Hadith, there are any guidelines or laws defined.
2: Mutual consent of the couple: Unfortunately we do not see any example from the time of the Prophet (PBUH) or Muslims after him.
3: Sanity: No reference in Quran or Hadith, but obviously, its a common sense.
4: Ability to financially support the bride as the groom pays for the wedding, Haq Mahr (Right of the Wedding is a gift to the bride paid in cash): When Ali married to Fatima, he had nothing to pay her in Haq Mahr. Prophet (PBUH) asked if he (Ali) owned ANYTHING. He said, I have a body armor (zirrah). Prophet asked him to sell it and bring money to him. That body armor was purchased by Usman for 40 dirham (Usman later returned that body armor to Ali as a gift). Ali handed over all that amount, and prophet purchased household items for Fatima from that money. That could be considered as Mahr for Fatima.

There are several examples where the Prophet allowed Muslims to marry, and if they had nothing to pay in Mahr, just teach the bride some ayah of Quran.

As I have mentioned, it is strictly a social and as @janon mentioned, a moral issue.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom