What's new

Pakistani laws prohibiting underage marriage un-Islamic: CII

I was taught Islamic studies but not Quran, we are talking about Quran.... please, read my posts.
Neither, i'm interested how you like to address a former army chief and president of Pakistan, who has lot more under his belt than you could ever dream of.
My school books were printed by oxford press, we had same syllabus as UK schools.
Neither, any of teacher was Muslim... it was a school run for the benefits of Christians, Muslim teachers were only hired to teach Islamic studies aka Islamiyat.

Boss, the problem is not that people are not taught about Quran, it is that they are not properly taught humanity and compassion to complement that knowledge.

Many people on this forum have studied the Quran - and they have expressed approval of the CII recommendation. The board of CII have also been taught Quran, sunnah and every other aspect of Islam. So what makes you think that teaching everyone Quran in school will lead to those students reaching any different conclusion?

I think what you mean is that an official, inclusive interpretation of the Quran should be taught to everyone at school so that they cannot be mislead.

Religious fanatics like Shirani's agenda.

Just looks at his face, you'll see nothing but cruelty.

Maulana-Khan-Sherani.jpg

I was taught Islamic studies but not Quran, we are talking about Quran.... please, read my posts.
Neither, i'm interested how you like to address a former army chief and president of Pakistan, who has lot more under his belt than you could ever dream of.
Strange , is the fact that I had to recite the 5 Chapters of the Holy Book from Classes 5 to 7 , in the same missionary schools , all part of Islamic studies . You sure , you studied in this country ? :azn:

I never will dream of , spreading extremism and by extension terrorism in the society , promoting drugs and gun culture , fighting two super power's war for their benefit and getting millions of Afghan refugees and allowing them to roam freely across the country , all responsible for the current mess we find ourselves in . You are right about that .

While speaking on the Child Marriages Restraint Act 1929, which orthodox Muslims had opposed on the basis of religion , Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah said :

“If we are going to allow ourselves to be influenced by public opinion that can be created in the name of religion when we know religion has nothing to do with the matter, we must have the courage to say ‘no we are not going to be frightened by that’.” (September 11, 1929)

CII Chairman Maulana Sherani is the ideological follower of Mufti Mehmood who was one of the most trenchant opponents of Mr Jinnah and the Pakistan Movement.

Unfortunately Mullahs have succeeded today . We are sorry Jinnah sahib , we never deserved what you did for us

May Allah help Pakistan.

This in response to correct demand of the Islamic Council???

Allah's help is indeed quite necessary!

CII can jump in the arabian sea. These fat rats don't dare speak against the mass murder by terrorists but speak on things that don't matter.

Their silence on 1 matter does not negate the fact that this demand is just!

16 year age is too less,minimun age should be atleast 18 for girls.

And why 18? Why not 21? I mean if the same woman is not considered old enough to be allowed to vote then how can she be considered old enough to be married? Would you marry off your 18 year old daughter??

And then, why not leave the age at the discretion of the parents? And shouldn't the girl herself have a say in her marriage? Islam allows both man and woman to marry according to their will.

Unfortunately, they are speaking on things that do matter.
And, even more unfortunately, they are blabbering the utmost idiocy on these important social issues.

Is there any doubt that any number of village "elders" will use these rulings to justify their barbaric behavior?

So you want to amend Islamic laws to suit your needs? Or because certain elements of the society misuse those rules? Why weren't the same rules being violated under the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) or the Calips (RA)??? Would anyone dare violate any rule under a true Islamic system (Shariat)???

lol.....
India should increase the marriage age of boys from 21 to 25 and girls from 18 to 21.....
we need to control our population.....:tup:

In that case, India can introduce the one child policy of China.

Last edited:
I am afraid I don't share your optimism.

Strange as it may seem to us, there are people out there who are total animals -- they kill their own daughters, either in infancy or for "bringing dishonor". These people would see nothing wrong with marrying off (getting rid of) their own daughter as soon as possible.

The tragedy is that these idiots are given positions of influence in Pakistan.

Some of you guys really sadden me beyond imagination. There is a difference b/w being liberal and just being outside Islam. It's sad that most of you probably do not even recognize that!

A daughter is considered the direct blessings of Allah, if anyone of you has had the good fortune to be the father of a daughter, he/she would understand what an absolute life altering experience a daughter is. She is a precious gift from Allah that compares to nothing on earth! Ofcourse a boy is a blessing as well. But a daughter is special on an entirely different level.

But dishonour is a word usually associated with illicit relations for which the punishment in Islam is clear. Only a person outside Islam would dispute those punishments and they are identical for both genders.....when divine law does not differentiate b/w the sexes on many things, why should we???

even 18 is too less :mad:

should be 21 atleast......:undecided:
dude, thats a bit to late, it will also take some time to find a "Rishta" and btw i dont know why its very hard for girls to marry if they cross the age of 28 or 30

Pakistani brothers, its really time for a secular goverment in your country, these mullah arent good for anything, they will waste your country if it continues like that. :(
no worries, its an advisory council, they have the habit of barking about different things, no one gives a shit, even the one who made the Council didnt listen to them lol

I suspect it was to "save" girls who became orphaned by wars or other reasons. Instead of them wandering the streets and becoming exploited as prostitutes, this was supposed to give them a home.

Maybe the concept of legal adoption didn't exist in those days? I don't know.

But now we have legal adoption, child welfare services and other means to take care of abandoned children, so these laws make no sense.
i clearly remember that the Quran says somewhere that if you find an orphaned girl, it is better to become her guardian than marry her, so that she has someone at her back. and besides i read a Hadith somewhere that said, a person who raises three girls till they come of age and then marries them off to good houses, will be rewarded with paradise

That was for the clause for 4 wives.... (after lot of men were died during war and women were orphaned) but marriage of under aged girl? ( i am sure there would be some reason which i am not aware)
there is no age in Islam, but a few conditions like maturity, puberty, consent and also the groom should be a well off and working person, people were encouraged to become guardians of young orphaned girls, than marrying them

Last edited:
Dear brother , you can marry a two years old girl and fulfil your lust (but without penetrating), as per fatwas of some of greatest Islamic scholars . Why all this cry when Mullahs have pointed out obvious truth ??
yes and i read that "Fatwa" of a Shia scholar lol, *UCK all those scholars who said that

What happened? Sahih Bukhari is held as supreme as Quran by mullah brigade.
dude, was it "Zaeef"?

1. Agreed. Hence they are saying that there shouldn't be a minimum age. Usually girls reach puberty much before 16.

2. Groom can be older and financially stable. The bride doesn't have to be. I am talking from the bride's side mainly.

3. As long as one is not insane, you don't have a way to determine that. Older people may also lack ability to think objectivity.
dude, times have changed, now people are more educated, you cant just tell them
Surprisingly not all hadith have this...You sure about the sources?

I have read a handful of Bukhari in 2 languages....surprisingly none sounded like this :blink:

Then again I read only 2 of the numerous books!!!

But this website in book 90 doesnt even have hadith 15

Sahih Bukhari Book 90. Wishes
Bugger :cray: Kon kahan say lata hai aysee Hadith....I mean many are not even Prophet's saying:

6968. Narrated AbU Hurairah i
The Prophet said, "A virgin should not be
married till she is asked for her consent; and
the matron should not be married till she is
asked whether she agrees to marry or not." It
was asked, "0 Allah's Messenger! How will
she (the virgin) express her consent?" He
said, "By keeping silent."
Some people said, "If a virgin is not asked
for her consent and she is not married, and
then a man, by playing a trick presents two
false witnesses that he has married her with
her consent and the judge confirms his
marriage as a true one, and the husband
knows that the witnesses were false ones
then there is no harm for him to consummate
his marriage with her and the marriage is
regarded as valid
."

Its more of a some people said? :unsure:

@Azlan Haider

:rofl: Kuch ziada hi! :unsure: age of consent (13) sounds like a joke now!
like i said, it might be Zaeef

Last edited:
Or because certain elements of the society misuse those rules?

We know for a fact how these rulings are abused in Pakistan.

Rich, 70 year old, men will "convince" poor parents to wed their 12 year old daughter to them. And, thanks to the mullah, these old men don't even need "permission" from their current wives.

To ignore these realities is unwise.

As for "Islamic" laws, I don't even want to get into that, regardless of what fatwa anyone issues. Islam also tolerated (but discouraged) slavery, because it was integral to the society's economic fabric in those days. It doesn't mean that we have to legalize slavery today.

One has to use common sense and discard tribal customs which have no relevance in modern society.

Last edited:
dude, thats a bit to late, it will also take some time to find a "Rishta" and btw i dont know why its very hard for girls to marry if they cross the age of 28 or 30

21 is too late :o:
.........if i had a sister,i would have never wanted to get her married b4 23-25 atleast :hitwall::hitwall:

21 is too late :o:
.........if i had a sister,i would have never wanted to get her married b4 23-25 atleast :hitwall::hitwall:
it seems you didnt want to get married yourself, it is a common practice to marry off the daughters before the sons, as it is believed that after marriage, the son will not take care of his un married siblings resulting in him expelling his younger siblings mostly sisters from his house on the order of his wife, so sisters are married of first so that they do not get beaten out of the house by the older bother

it seems you didnt want to get married yourself, it is a common practice to marry off the daughters before the sons, as it is believed that after marriage, the son will not take care of his un married siblings resulting in him expelling his younger siblings mostly sisters from his house on the order of his wife, so sisters are married of first so that they do not get beaten out of the house by the older bother
:blink: :blink:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom