What's new

Pakistani Fashion

Suits n saris of white always look immaculate n graceful..some of the designs are quite creative n of course nice shades...thanks plz...

bridal4-640x480.jpg

bridal2-640x480.jpg

bridal1-640x480.jpg

210112705678-640x480.jpg

210112705677-640x480.jpg

fashion-Lahore-Nomi-Ansari-12-AFP-640x480.jpg

fashion-Lahore-Nomi-Ansari-10-AFP-640x480.jpg

fashion-Lahore-Nomi-Ansari-9-AFP-640x480.jpg

But once a conservative family gets exposure to a more open and free environment such as Karachi, they start to become more modern.

What is the definition of modern in these modern times?

What is the definition of modern in these modern times?

I will explain it in context with what I was referring to.

Modern families are those who learn to adopt and assimilate into the current time.

Though we live in modern times, many Pakistanis and South Asians amongst others tend to stick with old age traditions and customs. This leaves them incompatible with modern times and render them distant to the many benefits of a modern world.

Modern would be something that is up to date with current times and not held back by past inhibitions.

Modern families are those who learn to adopt and assimilate into the current time.

Though we live in modern times, many Pakistanis and South Asians amongst others tend to stick with old age traditions and customs. This leaves them incompatible with modern times and render them distant to the many benefits of a modern world.

Modern would be something that is up to date with current times and not held back by past inhibitions.

And religion should also be up to date with current times.Is it?
Because religion is also a way of life.Agree or not.

And religion should also be up to date with current times.Is it?
Because religion is also a way of life.Agree or not.

Yes, religion should be interpreted according to times through reformers, the job a Khalifa of the time and his band of scholars is supposed to undertake in Islam.

Religion is a way of life, agreed but it requires interpretation according to the time in order to keep religion relevant and practicable.

In Islam, there are supposed to be reformers who will come in different times. If the people fail to adapt and update their point of view in context with religion, then they would lack severely in current times as many do.

On a personal level, religion to me is confined to personal life only so my point of view is not applicable to the masses.

Yes, religion should be interpreted according to times through reformers, the job a Khalifa of the time and his band of scholars is supposed to undertake in Islam.

Religion is a way of life, agreed but it requires interpretation according to the time in order to keep religion relevant and practicable.

In Islam, there are supposed to be reformers who will come in different times. If the people fail to adapt and update their point of view in context with religion, then they would lack severely in current times as many do.

On a personal level, religion to me is confined to personal life only so my point of view is not applicable to the masses.

Yes!
I was desperate to read the above.
Thank You for replying.

Whats wrong with fallowing our old age Islamic traditions? Maybe these families worry more about after life then enjoying this worldly pleasures.

Whats wrong with fallowing our old age Islamic traditions? Maybe these families worry more about after life then enjoying this worldly pleasures.

So keeping women within the four boundaries of their house as those families in some parts of Pakhtunwa is fine.

Keeping women uneducated and under the thumb of the males in the house is an excellent way for moving forward.

These are just some of the many traditions I am taking about which are harmful and hinder our progress.

Also when did I mention Islam?

I am referring to old age customs which have been mixed with religion over time and cause nothing but problems for individuals who suffer becuase of them.

Getting an education, being liberal, strong and self independent isn't worldly by any means.

Atleast read the message and its context properly before asking such inane questions.

So keeping women within the four boundaries of their house as those families in some parts of Pakhtunwa is fine.

Keeping women uneducated and under the thumb of the males in the house is an excellent way for moving forward.

These are just some of the many traditions I am taking about which are harmful and hinder our progress.

Also when did I mention Islam?

I am referring to old age customs which have been mixed with religion over time and cause nothing but problems for individuals who suffer becuase of them.

Getting an education, being liberal, strong and self independent isn't worldly by any means.

Atleast read the message and its context properly before asking such inane questions.

So cat walking, exposing parts of their body solves a lot of problems in Pakistan and society right? And oh, I dont support most of cultures in paktunwa which is not even Islamic.

So cat walking, exposing parts of their body solves a lot of problems in Pakistan and society right? And oh, I dont support most of cultures in paktunwa which is not even Islamic.

Like I said, read my posts again.

No where have I mentioned that cat walking and exposing should be done by women.

All I said was that when conservative families move to urban cities such as Karachi, they assimilate into a modern and better lifestyle.

Case in point:

My paternal grandmother was not educated and she found it to be a hinderence all her life. After marriage, she made sure that her daughters got the education they deserved so they could become independent, strong and ready to face the world with their education.

The use of Purdah in religion is used by people in some parts of the country as a way to keep women out and away from everything.

A guy I know from FATA told me that his mother has not left the house since her marriage. For Godness sake, what kind of life that must be and the males of the house use religion to enforce it.

I am not expecting you to understand so think what you may.

All I said was that when conservative families move to urban cities such as Karachi, they assimilate into a modern and better lifestyle.

Modern lifestyle does not certainly mean better.

My paternal grandmother was not educated and she found it to be a hinderence all her life. After marriage, she made sure that her daughters got the education they deserved so they could become independent, strong and ready to face the world with their education.
No dough Education is very very important for every one of us no matter if we are old young men or women.
The use of Purdah in religion is used by people in some parts of the country as a way to keep women out and away from everything.
A guy I know from FATA told me that his mother has not left the house since her marriage. For Godness sake, what kind of life that must be and the males of the house use religion to enforce it.
That really sucks. This thread and and keeping women indoors is bit too extreme.
I am not expecting you to understand so think what you may.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Back
Top Bottom