What's new

Pakistani ethnicities

Which ethnic group do you belong to?

• Total voters
I'm Pakistani first, then the rest follows. But in terms of ethnicity, I'm half Pashtun, part Kashmiri and part Punjabi.

You folks, the lot of you should recognize yourselves as Pakistani. The nation can of Pakistan can never exist if divided by ethnicity.

I'm Pakistani first, then the rest follows. But in terms of ethnicity, I'm half Pashtun, part Kashmiri and part Punjabi.

You folks, the lot of you should recognize yourselves as Pakistani. The nation can of Pakistan can never exist if divided by ethnicity.

your avatar is nice, its from @x_man

but it explains some point

on the left side in the one ray of light, on the right side is many rays of light, red, indigo, blue, green yellow, orange

got the point?

Last edited by a moderator:

this is about recognizing your ethnic background... if I ask you what is your nationality... do you have to swear that you are human first and it should be emphasized... before saying you are pakistani?

your avatar is nice, its from @x_man

wow. I didn't notice that, I suppose he must be a Pink Floyd fan too.

but it explains some point

on the left side in the one ray of light, on the right side is many rays of light, red, indigo, blue, green yellow, orange

got the point?

That's a very philosophical view, quite appropriate to this thread. But personally, I had no such higher thought in mind when choosing this avatar, just a massive dark side of the moon fan.

this is about recognizing your ethnic background... if I ask you what is your nationality... do you have to swear that you are human first and it should be emphasized... before saying you are pakistani?

Just stating an opinion of mine, I would like to see ethnicity being defined less in Pakistan.
I'm not sure you understand why though.

I just feel Pakistani. I come from a mixed ethnic background but without necessarily feeling like I "belong" to those ethnic groups. Maternal grandparents came to Lahore form Amritsar in 47. Paternal grandparents come from further north (hindko speakers and Kashmiri). All grandparents settled in Lahore and the mothertounge in our family now is Urdu although I speak Punjabi as well ofc.

I think safriz is hazara hindko speaker,,

I am Pothohari but i clicked on Punjabi as pothori/hindko/hazara/sariaki are branches of western punjabi

Hazara is not a branch of Punjab. I think you are mixing Hazara district with Hazara ethnicity.

I think @Dreamreaper is Hindkowan/Hindko speaker & not Hazara. I think you are mixing Hazara district with Hazara ethnicity. I could be wrong though.

Hazara is not a branch of Punjab. I think you are mixing Hazara district with Hazara ethnicity.

I think @Dreamreaper is Hindkowan/Hindko speaker & not Hazara. I think you are mixing Hazara district with Hazara ethnicity. I could be wrong though.

Dude I got from their posts that both @W.11 & @Raja.Pakistani were talking about Hazara District & not the Hazara People ! :unsure:

Oi @Jessica_L - We need your input in this thread too ! :)

I just feel Pakistani. I come from a mixed ethnic background but without necessarily feeling like I "belong" to those ethnic groups. Maternal grandparents came to Lahore form Amritsar in 47. Paternal grandparents come from further north (hindko speakers and Kashmiri). All grandparents settled in Lahore and the mothertounge in our family now is Urdu although I speak Punjabi as well ofc.

Bhai lagaaa naaa phir ! :)

I come from a mix ethnic background as well !

Paternal Grandparents - Kashmiris with partial Pukhtoon blood in case of Paternal Grandma !

Maternal Grandparents - Punjabi Rajputs !

I don't identify in a Nationalistic or even overly Possessive Way with either of the two but within Pakistan I do like to pass myself off as a Punjabi of Kashmiri Ethnicity ! :)

Because Punjabis are not Racist or Ethno-Nationalists in the least way - It works ! :D

But Subbb Seh Pehleiii Pakistan ! :pakistan:

Oi @W.11 - What about you ? :what:

Tum waisee tou Pakistani Kheet kiii Moooliii ho purrr Nasal kiyaa haiii ? :azn:

I think safriz is hazara hindko speaker,,

I am Pothohari but i clicked on Punjabi as pothori/hindko/hazara/sariaki are branches of western punjabi

Hazara people are not punjabis, you mean Hazara province where majority hindkowans who are punjabis?

Back
Top Bottom