What's new

Pakistani corner

Mein socha shayad sheikh maan hii jayye iftaari ke liye pr ni bhai sheikh sheikh hi hota hai :D:lol::lol::lol:
Sayien to sayein sayien ki iftari bhi sayien howzat
――――――
Speaking of Ushna Shah
@Moonlight

@Kaptaan @Kambojaric @DESERT FIGHTER and others....

This is from a facebook post which is being shared by a lot of ppl these days....tells you about the state of our society.
I don't know if this warranted a thread so I just posted it here.

I was at Kohsar today, sitting outdoor at Gloria Jeans waiting to meet an a acquaintance regarding a project of mine. A mix group of Germans were sitting nearby, casually having snacks and drinks. Which seemed perfectly fine to me, yes I was fasting but the essence of fasting is to look beyond our temptations and I couldn't care more as to what anyone else was doing.

However, it was around 5pm and some people were headed over to the mosque in Kohsar for the Asr prayer to cleanse themselves of their sins, because praying in a mosque in just this month makes up for whatever you do throughout the rest of the year. I'm no one to judge but I speak from my observations and experiences, the amount of hypocritical values I see every Ramadhan are truly tragic.

Anyhow, I look back for a moment and see a self-righteous "muslim" saying something to the foreigners, and clearly they are offended and decide to leave immediately. As the man passes by my table, I ask him what he said to those people, a proud response is fostered "Mai ne unhey kaha ke hamaray rozay hain tou iss tarah saamnay khaana peena na karein". To which I rebutted, "agr aap ka asl me mazboot iman hai tou aap ko koi faraq nahi parhna chahiye"

He seemed like a well-educated man, as he even mentioned later on how he is a general manager at an international cement company or something. A bilingual discussion followed where he stated "it is their right to respect our religion", to which I obviously argued in my own style imploring him to respect other people for their own beliefs without trying to impose his own suited to his own benefit. He asks, "are you even a Muslim?", shocked by his question, I get cheeky and say, "no, but i believe in one God and His messages, regardless of sunni/shia/wahabi school of thoughts".

TO WHICH HE RESPONDS, "aap ko pata hai idher hee Salman Taseer ke sath kiya hua tha?" To which my internal dialouge burst into a sad little giggle, "mai ider hee behta hoon, dekh lete hain"
As he walks away, angered by the ignorance I bellow, "because of people like you with their narrow mindset this country is going down the drain", he looks back and responds, "mujhey iss mulk se kuch nai hai mujhey Islam se hai".

But doesn't every religion including Islam preach humanity above everything else? Moreover, patience, tolerance and respect?
I realized today that our war is much greater than just ideologies, everyone believes they are right just as I do right now, it's human nature that we must fight against and we must strive to have enough knowledge so that we can justify our beliefs and opinions.

Simply; we are stuck in a facade of futility and vanity, too obsessed with and influenced by religion, politics and mainstream while forgetting the real issues. No one talks of spirituality any more, the hot topic would rather be how you place your arms when you pray or whether it's right to hit a female with your napkin.
Yeh log layein gay Pakistan mein sharayi nizam

This is from a facebook post which is being shared by a lot of ppl these days....tells you about the state of our society.

I was at Kohsar today, sitting outdoor at Gloria Jeans waiting to meet an a acquaintance regarding a project of mine. A mix group of Germans were sitting nearby, casually having snacks and drinks. Which seemed perfectly fine to me, yes I was fasting but the essence of fasting is to look beyond our temptations and I couldn't care more as to what anyone else was doing.

However, it was around 5pm and some people were headed over to the mosque in Kohsar for the Asr prayer to cleanse themselves of their sins, because praying in a mosque in just this month makes up for whatever you do throughout the rest of the year. I'm no one to judge but I speak from my observations and experiences, the amount of hypocritical values I see every Ramadhan are truly tragic.

Anyhow, I look back for a moment and see a self-righteous "muslim" saying something to the foreigners, and clearly they are offended and decide to leave immediately. As the man passes by my table, I ask him what he said to those people, a proud response is fostered "Mai ne unhey kaha ke hamaray rozay hain tou iss tarah saamnay khaana peena na karein". To which I rebutted, "agr aap ka asl me mazboot iman hai tou aap ko koi faraq nahi parhna chahiye"

He seemed like a well-educated man, as he even mentioned later on how he is a general manager at an international cement company or something. A bilingual discussion followed where he stated "it is their right to respect our religion", to which I obviously argued in my own style imploring him to respect other people for their own beliefs without trying to impose his own suited to his own benefit. He asks, "are you even a Muslim?", shocked by his question, I get cheeky and say, "no, but i believe in one God and His messages, regardless of sunni/shia/wahabi school of thoughts".

TO WHICH HE RESPONDS, "aap ko pata hai idher hee Salman Taseer ke sath kiya hua tha?" To which my internal dialouge burst into a sad little giggle, "mai ider hee behta hoon, dekh lete hain"
As he walks away, angered by the ignorance I bellow, "because of people like you with their narrow mindset this country is going down the drain", he looks back and responds, "mujhey iss mulk se kuch nai hai mujhey Islam se hai".

But doesn't every religion including Islam preach humanity above everything else? Moreover, patience, tolerance and respect?
I realized today that our war is much greater than just ideologies, everyone believes they are right just as I do right now, it's human nature that we must fight against and we must strive to have enough knowledge so that we can justify our beliefs and opinions.

Simply; we are stuck in a facade of futility and vanity, too obsessed with and influenced by religion, politics and mainstream while forgetting the real issues. No one talks of spirituality any more, the hot topic would rather be how you place your arms when you pray or whether it's right to hit a female with your napkin.

*take a speed breath*.

I'm even surpirsed to see here, many educated people are the most jahil people.
Humanity is the one basic teaching of Islam and they think they are Ashiq e Rasool with cursing Hamza or any other person who is sane and talks about Islam. Yeah Ashiq e Rasool.

-----

@The Sandman what we were talking about

I see and interact with such people almost everyday .. Even in my university days .. My seemingly educated univ fellows had this mindset ..

This country is going down the drain not because of Taliban or other militants .. But the general public aswell..

Really ? Yaar last week Saray electric poles gir gaey.. Sari raat electricity k baghair zalalat ..

Boss, us wakt Karachi ma thaa but saw all that on news. Sahi khaha par es dafa yaha thaa, sirf light ne break lia tha baaki sab theek raha.

However, am here for few days and weather is far better than lava hot Karachi. Hope it will be good there as i return.

Last edited:
I see and interact with such people almost everyday .. Even in my university days .. My seemingly educated univ fellows had this mindset ..

This country is going down the drain not because of Taliban or other militants .. But the general public aswell..
Well when i was doing my fsc there was a girl who used to call for govt to give Nishane Haider to Qadri for murdering Taseer and except me and my other PTI friend the entire class agreed with her

Even now at my uni even lecturer considers Qadri shaheed our society is heavily radicalised

Like Hasan Nisar said Pakistan aik jahiloan ka hajoom hay jo be maqsad hay

This. Taliban can be fought with arms, criminals can be caught and imprisoned, but what do you do against such rampant bigotry and narrow mindedness. The only thing I am thankful about is that our Quaid does not have to see this country today. What hopes he had for this nation and how it has been hijacked by pseudo mullahs and in your face piety.

Anybody have blackstrap molasses?

So what did he say? Translated.

So what did he say? Translated.

Anyhow, I look back for a moment and see a self-righteous "muslim" saying something to the foreigners, and clearly they are offended and decide to leave immediately. As the man passes by my table, I ask him what he said to those people, a proud response is fostered "I said that we're fasting so don't eat infront of us". To which I rebutted, "If your belief is strong than this shouldn't bother you"

TO WHICH HE RESPONDS, "Do you know what happened to salman taseer here?" To which my internal dialouge burst into a sad little giggle, "I'm sitting here i will see to it"
As he walks away, angered by the ignorance I bellow, "because of people like you with their narrow mindset this country is going down the drain", he looks back and responds, "I've nothing to do with this country but Islam only".

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/pakistani-corner.387330/page-607#ixzz4Bt2PCo7q
A Bitter truth
Hum woh qoum hein jo kehti hai Islam is a religion of peace, love and tolerance. phir adhay bomb bandh kei phat jatey hein Aur baki zabaan se phaar deitay hein.
(Rabia Butt)
@Hell hound @Musafir117 @The Sandman @Moonlight @Pakistani Exile
Qasam se yr aj to waqai bara afsoos hua FB pe aur yahan "parhe likhe" logon ke comments dekh ke :(

Qasam se yr aj to waqai bara afsoos hua FB pe aur yahan "parhe likhe" logon ke comments dekh ke :(
Be the change reply to these trolls i got banned from multiple pages because of my rangeen zuban for molvi typez
Voice of reason should be spread on dens of hatred

Be the change reply to these trolls i got banned from multiple pages because of my rangeen zuban for molvi typez
Voice of reason should be spread on dens of hatred
Koi fayda ni yr baat moulvion tk hoti to thk tha pr bhai aj to educated logon ne wo jahalat dikhayi hai na ye hamza ali abbasi ke issue pe bnda kya kare yr pata ni hamara kya hoga mjhe to lgta hai ke ye maddrase band krwane se bhi koi fayda ni hona ab Pakistan ko :/

Back
Top Bottom