What's new

Pakistani corner

what is that?

For me its either a typo of pakooray or kapray :undecided:
:laughcry:

Tawa gurda kapoora - aka Taka tak

While the world is talking about the weirdness of Beijing style food, I thought of highlighting the position of Lahori food on the chart of bizarreness. I am sure it stands somewhere in the top 10. So here we go:

Roughly translated, Tawa gurda kapoora means kidneys and testicles in a large frying pan. To avoid the embarrassment of associating such words with food, most of us now call it Taka tak. It refers to the sound made by the skillful chef while frying these organs and hitting the pan with two sharp slicers in a captivating rythm. He keeps slicing and frying them until the kapooray (testicles), gurday (kidneys), dil (heart), maghaz (brain) and chaampain (ribs) become a homogeneous mixture of meat and thick masala curry. You can make your pick and choose which parts to include in your serving. It is DELICIOUS.

One of the most famous spots to try this out is Butt taka tak at Lakshmi chowk, Gawalmandi. It islocated right next to Butt Karahi that has been reviewed earlier. Not only will you enjoy the typical outdoor dining experience in the heart of Lahore, you will also find a bunch of live chickens to give you company while you listen to the magical beat of taka tak. Not to mention all those large tables smothered with uncooked goat organs (as you can see in the above picture) giving you a feeling of being part of a massive autopsy project.

What? .. Yikes? .. No! The moment you take the first bite of this scrumptious meal, will be the time when everything else, such as traffic noise, diesel smoke, smell of chicken shit, autopsy tables, etc., will stop bothering you. So dive in and give it a try...................

ghazi52 ki post quote to ki hay ooper:
Tawa gurda kapoora means kidneys and testicles in a large frying pan
so gurda is kidney and kapoora is testicles? :o:

Why on earth will that guy say that to me? :o:

Khair a mara
Mujhay bhi nahi pasand teeno oh acha woh article may nay nahi parha tha bas pix dekhi theen

Hehehehe . Bongi may . Bongi see shamain

@fakhre mirpur was a bad joke and very unlikely of u. Jao edit karo post. She is a female poster. Even ididnt know what that thing is

He's joking

Maybe you replied : '' :fie: '' to my post about those old dead pics, so he maybe was joking like : are you scared to pe* yourself w.r.t the last line of this trailer:

Irbis thanx for markhor post link i went there read ur other posts too

Even more highlighted news than this is published in our papers 3-4 days late.

A female will also be brought and I pray they make more kids than all sub-continental people!

Lolzzz more kids thn subcon...... ppl lolzzzz

o...Still bad joke
Mujhay bhi nahi pasand teeno oh acha woh article may nay nahi parha tha bas pix dekhi theen

Hehehehe . Bongi may . Bongi see shamain

@fakhre mirpur was a bad joke and very unlikely of u. Jao edit karo post. She is a female poster. Even ididnt know what that thing is
Yeah wrong number film ka dialogue hay honestly speaking even i didnt knew what kapoora meant until now sorry

I always suspected that kapooray were testicles but wasnt sure about it

Yeah wrong number film ka dialogue hay honestly speaking even i didnt knew what kapoora meant until now sorry

I always suspected that kapooray were testicles but wasnt sure about it
Del that post.

@IrbiS thanx for wildlife thread link just went thru ur posts sara thread nahi parha abhi, will do if icud later, very cool idint even know abt things. So markhor ab bach gaya hai nothing to worry?

Back
Top Bottom