What's new

Pakistani corner

Lol........ I can understand. .....you tend to defend US more than Pakistan......thats what I realized after debate with you on one of my thread

It is not a matter of defending anyone more than the other. It is a matter of being fair, which is a very alien concept these days on PDF.

It is not a matter of defending anyone more than the other. It is a matter of being fair, which is a very alien concept these days on PDF.

Fairness is relative concept..... something fair in my POV can be unfair in yours

Fairness is relative concept..... something fair in my POV can be unfair in yours

Yes, but that should not prevent intelligent discussion. Even relative differences can be explained and cannot be totally out of proportion. For example, USA is only evil until it sends over some more F-16s. How fair is that?

Yes, but that should not prevent intelligent discussion. Even relative differences can be explained and cannot be totally out of proportion. For example, USA is only evil until it sends over some more F-16s. How fair is that?

Being an American you are not evil. But yes someone funded and created al qaeda and taliban....and then in order to kill them bombed whole country.....supported saddam....bombed iraq on false accusations. ...left them with power vaccum........funded ISIS...... now bombing them again........ this something unfair and out proportion for outside world....... somone created this choas and disaster is certainly an evil.....m not talking about US....m talking about those people steered the world this way

Being an American you are not evil. But yes someone funded and created al qaeda and taliban....and then in order to kill them bombed whole country.....supported saddam....bombed iraq on false accusations. ...left them with power vaccum........funded ISIS...... now bombing them again........ this something unfair and out proportion for outside world....... somone created this choas and disaster is certainly an evil.....m not talking about US....m talking about those people steered the world this way

First of all, I am a Pakistani-American.

Second of all, what you ascribe to USA is no different that what every other country, empire and religion of the world has done at one point or another throughout human history. Every one of them. So singling anyone out just on that basis is not fair.

Okay, after the double roti question, here is another one that came to my mind: How did shaami kebabs get their name?

Okay, after the double roti question, here is another one that came to my mind: How did shaami kebabs get their name?

Dunno,
Here's my theory.
Shaam is Syria right?. So Syrian kebabs or kebabs from Syria or kebabs made by some Syrian person.

It is never a matter of "wahan tum yahan hum", ever. I cherish my roots in Pakistan just the same as ever. That area is one of my favorites, and even now I make it a point to make at least one trip to the northern areas during my visits to Pakistan. What you describe is sadly true that every time I go back, there are less trees and more pollution. The people are still kindhearted and friendly, but the pressure of dealing with the ever-increasing social issues is getting to them. I still remember the smell of the pine trees in the morning in Abbottabad, the huge tawa rotis and kebabs in the bazar, the flute playing shepherds in the forests, hitching rides on the tiny Suzuki vans, .... I could go on and on. Good memories. :D

You were there as a student or posted? And which year? Those tiny suzuki vans are still operational but within Abbottabad city for very few routes, transport business has mostly been taken over by Suzuki Bolan (Carry Daba). I won't go into the details but city and its surroundings have been mostly disturbed by outsiders (uncivilized people who don't value beauty and peace of a place, just settle their for money or to avoid summer heat during Ramzan), locals are a minority now. Thandiani survived to retain its natural peace because of Army's influence. I am an Abbottonian (APS formerly Railway Public School).

Below questions are for you too sir (if you find them interesting enough to answer)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had some random thoughts yesterday about bravery, fear, strength and weakness.

Is fear or being fearful inversely proportion to how physically strong a person is? Or these are two separate independent attributes of a person one being an emotion influenced by hormones and other being physical and related to size of a person? Vice versa is it true that a weaker person is more fearful?

Similarly is bravery directly proportional to physical strength? Humans are energy converting machines, can the massive size of muscles and physique be indicators of how brave a person is?

And what roles age, heart, brain and confidence have to play in all this?

@fakhre mirpur @SaG E Jillani88 @Akheilos @WAJsal @Awi

Did not able to paste pictures! :(

Chalo koi gul nahi fir kady sahi. :)

And what roles age, heart, brain and confidence have to play in all this?
Yes your physical strength,heart,confidence and age play a role but not so much the brain part you don't need wits to be brave case in point your awami dost the khudkush bambar

Ask your TTA buddies, I do not want to be punished for mentioning that forum. The split left a lot of bad blood.
Pak def,pakistani affairs or pakistani defence?

I won't go into the details but city and its surroundings have been mostly disturbed by outsiders (uncivilized people who don't value beauty and peace of a place, just settle their for money or to avoid summer heat during Ramzan),
I know who you are referring to :azn:
And i agree with you

Yes your physical strength,heart,confidence and age play a role but not so much the brain part you don't need wits to be brave case in point your awami dost the khudkush bambar

So what you are saying is that mainly is another attribute or feeling caused by secretions or hormones? For our awami dosts they are mostly heavily sedated to become a barbarian rather than being brave. And what role anger has to play? An angry person in some cases can cry tears and feel helpless but sometimes can become dangerous enough to take his own life with many others. An act of bravery would be where you stand against injustice, harm to others and for truth and principles irrespective of your physical strength?

I know who you are referring to :azn:
And i agree with you

:rolleyes: Yeh khula tazad nahi.....................

:rolleyes: Yeh khula tazad nahi.....................
What i saw the transformation of Murree with my own eyes ok and locals there are not happy with being turned a minority so i just asumed you abbotabadis had a similar view

So what you are saying is that mainly is another attribute or feeling caused by secretions or hormones? For our awami dosts they are mostly heavily sedated to become a barbarian rather than being brave. And what role anger has to play? An angry person in some cases can cry tears and feel helpless but sometimes can become dangerous enough to take his own life with many others. An act of bravery would be where you stand against injustice, harm to others and for truth and principles irrespective of your physical strength?
It takes guts to end your own life, trust me i was suicidal once, i just didnt had the guts to eat the poison tablets(thank god :D)

What i saw the transformation of Murree with my own eyes ok and locals there are not happy with being turned a minority so i just asumed you abbotabadis had a similar view

I for one I am not happy, but most of these Pahariay are to be blamed for what they are facing, they rented and sold their properties to outsiders, and back then when Ayub had asked them their elders worried about their corn more than future and prosperity of their generation.

It takes guts to end your own life, trust me i was suicidal once, i just didnt had the guts to eat the poison tablets(thank god :D)

Foolishness not bravery, bravery is balanced and full of wisdom and planning. The suicidal tendencies can be a feeling of helplessness and gradually convert to negative bravery?

Back
Top Bottom