What's new

Pakistani corner

@Ziras @Syed.Ali.Haider

This is very near the top, isn't it. The hike from Thandiani to Kala Pani through the forest is very nice, but in the summer only.

oh have you done the trek?
You little wanderer :lol:
was born and raised in that area and done that trek dozens of time.
There is an old dirt track starts right at the summit it goes all the way to Indian Kashmir.......

Just came across these comments, I am from a village called Gali Banian in Thandiani by the way.

That hike, and the general area, used to be one of my favorites. I did it many times back in the day. Beautiful area, and friendly people in those days.

Nice to know that I share some connection with you otherwise it always seemed to me like "Wahan tum" "yahan hum" jheel kay 2 mukhtalif kinary :D.

Most of the people have changed a lot in attitude and living style, they still are friendly but the youth is not that hospitable and respectful as our elders used to be.

Place is still beautiful with less snowfall or no snowfall at all compared to past, I could not see the pics posted by you people, but to give you an overview of what might have changed from those pics ....... the connecting road from Abbottabad city to Thandiani road has lost all its beauty and those big trees on both sides of that road, lots of traffic and traffic jams during day time these days and ugly unplanned shops have taken over place where once those trees stood. Once you connect Thandiani road some of the initial places that stood naked in past are covered with trees now, the rest of the scenery is unchanged except that mud houses may have been replaced with concrete ones. The hiking tracks would be same with no man made changes.

Nice to know that I share some connection with you otherwise it always seemed to me like "Wahan tum" "yahan hum" jheel kay 2 mukhtalif kinary :D.

Most of the people have changed a lot in attitude and living style, they still are friendly but the youth is not that hospitable and respectful as our elders used to be.

Place is still beautiful with less snowfall or no snowfall at all compared to past, I could not see the pics posted by you people, but to give you an overview of what might have changed from those pics ....... the connecting road from Abbottabad city to Thandiani road has lost all its beauty and those big trees on both sides of that road, lots of traffic and traffic jams during day time these days and ugly unplanned shops have taken over place where once those trees stood. Once you connect Thandiani road some of the initial places that stood naked in past are covered with trees now, the rest of the scenery is unchanged except that mud houses may have been replaced with concrete ones. The hiking tracks would be same with no man made changes.

It is never a matter of "wahan tum yahan hum", ever. I cherish my roots in Pakistan just the same as ever. That area is one of my favorites, and even now I make it a point to make at least one trip to the northern areas during my visits to Pakistan. What you describe is sadly true that every time I go back, there are less trees and more pollution. The people are still kindhearted and friendly, but the pressure of dealing with the ever-increasing social issues is getting to them. I still remember the smell of the pine trees in the morning in Abbottabad, the huge tawa rotis and kebabs in the bazar, the flute playing shepherds in the forests, hitching rides on the tiny Suzuki vans, .... I could go on and on. Good memories. :D

Couldn't watch these interviews. ... as you tube is ban ...

Use ytpak or playit dot pk. It's built for bypassing the ban and is more efficient. That's what I use anyways.... and congrats on becoming the PDF TTA. :)

Use ytpak or playit dot pk. It's built for bypassing the ban and is more efficient. That's what I use anyways.... and congrats on becoming the PDF TTA. :)

Thanks for your compliments. Ytpak or plyit dot pk what's that proxy?

Ytpak dot com is a website which streams YouTube videos without having to use a proxy

Actually I want to watch few videos .........previously shared on pdf....lets c

It is never a matter of "wahan tum yahan hum", ever. I cherish my roots in Pakistan just the same as ever. That area is one of my favorites, and even now I make it a point to make at least one trip to the northern areas during my visits to Pakistan. What you describe is sadly true that every time I go back, there are less trees and more pollution. The people are still kindhearted and friendly, but the pressure of dealing with the ever-increasing social issues is getting to them. I still remember the smell of the pine trees in the morning in Abbottabad, the huge tawa rotis and kebabs in the bazar, the flute playing shepherds in the forests, hitching rides on the tiny Suzuki vans, .... I could go on and on. Good memories. :D

You were part of pdf management back in 2011?

Back
Top Bottom