What's new

Pakistani-American Elected President of Pro-Israel Group

Hurter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
941670-AMNA-1440068292-855-640x480.jpg

A Pakistani-American girl was elected as president of the national student board of a pro-Israel group, J Street U.

Amna Farooqi, a senior at the University of Maryland, was elected as president this week at the group’s ‘Summer Leadership Institute’ in Washington, where approximately 120 J Street U student leaders attended the four-day gathering.

J Street U boasts a total of 4,000 active participants on 75 college campuses in the United States.

Farooqi, a local of suburban Washington, DC, grew up in a ‘fairly religious Muslim home’ with ‘a lot of Jewish friends’.

Speaking at the J Street conference last March, Farooqi said, “Growing up in a household sympathetic to the Palestinian cause, the Palestine-Israel conflict was always the elephant in the room. This conflict evoked a level of anger and emotion in me, and I needed to learn more. Everything I was learning about the conflict made me not want to be pro-Israel. … As someone who wanted to contribute to ending this conflict I knew I needed to understand all sides.”

Farooqi said she “fell in love with Zionism” while taking a course about Israel in college, “because Zionism became about taking ownership over the story of one’s people. If Zionism is about owning your future, how can I not respect that?”

In order to understand the Israeli people and their viewpoint, Farooqi spent a semester at Hebrew University of Jerusalem’s Rothberg International School. She wanted to “meet people on the ground and understand the Israeli narrative from their perspective, and to put faces to things and see some of these issues up close”.

She revealed that her extended family has been “confused but supportive” about Farooqi’s pro-Israel activism. This summer she lived in Jerusalem as a J Street U intern, co-leading day trips, including a visit to Hebron, for American university students.

Pakistani-American elected president of pro-Israel group - The Express Tribune

A Pakistani-American girl was elected as president of the national student board of a pro-Israel group, J Street U.

Amna Farooqi, a senior at the University of Maryland, was elected as president this week at the group’s ‘Summer Leadership Institute’ in Washington, where approximately 120 J Street U student leaders attended the four-day gathering.

J Street U boasts a total of 4,000 active participants on 75 college campuses in the United States.

Farooqi, a local of suburban Washington, DC, grew up in a ‘fairly religious Muslim home’ with ‘a lot of Jewish friends’.

Speaking at the J Street conference last March, Farooqi said, “Growing up in a household sympathetic to the Palestinian cause, the Palestine-Israel conflict was always the elephant in the room. This conflict evoked a level of anger and emotion in me, and I needed to learn more. Everything I was learning about the conflict made me not want to be pro-Israel. … As someone who wanted to contribute to ending this conflict I knew I needed to understand all sides.”

Farooqi said she “fell in love with Zionism” while taking a course about Israel in college, “because Zionism became about taking ownership over the story of one’s people. If Zionism is about owning your future, how can I not respect that?”

In order to understand the Israeli people and their viewpoint, Farooqi spent a semester at Hebrew University of Jerusalem’s Rothberg International School. She wanted to “meet people on the ground and understand the Israeli narrative from their perspective, and to put faces to things and see some of these issues up close”.

She revealed that her extended family has been “confused but supportive” about Farooqi’s pro-Israel activism. This summer she lived in Jerusalem as a J Street U intern, co-leading day trips, including a visit to Hebron, for American university students.

its never to late they say :coffee:

nothing wrong with taking owner ship of your future but supporting an unjust case is wrong.
i respect israel for the way they run things... but i still cant ever support unjust movement such as zionism...no god ever gave any body the right to take other people land and homes.
people might hate me but this is what you get from our liberal terrorists mostly.. they support your enemies and side with them...
this is why i hate these mummy/daddy **** bastards they should all be deported to india where they actually belong.

@RoadRunner401
@Peaceful Civilian

@Hyperion do you support israel by any chance?

nothing wrong with taking owner ship of your future but supporting an unjust case is wrong.
i respect israel for the way they run things... but i still cant ever support unjust movement such as zionism...no god ever gave any body the right to take other people land and homes.
people might hate me but this is what you get from our liberal terrorists mostly.. they support your enemies and side with them...
this is why i hate these mummy/daddy **** bastards they should all be deported to india where they actually belong.

@RoadRunner401
@Peaceful Civilian

@Hyperion do you support israel by any chance?

Agree... They are good for their own people but not for the world.

some pakistanis just have no self respect, they will sell their mothers to feel special or fit in... this stupid bitch just trying to feel special... becuase she a ugly fat whore just like her friends.

"Stupid bitch and ugly fat whore, selling mothers". Nice choice of words for discussing a topic.

Probably a Qadiyani

I like the comment also for the gentleman that called her fat , ugly and a sewer rat , a true fita monh moment no doubt for this fat lady

I would have probably preferred more eloquent, comparison to a pig and a prostitute however she does not appear to be a pig as they have some morals and prostitution has rules as well which make them better then this lady (if I can call her that)

Last edited:
Language my friend!

It is only to be expected given the lack of intellectual maturity. Remember the great ruckus on PDF when a debate and exhibition on Palestine in one university in Pakistan allowed an Israeli stall, just to present the other side of the issue and the it was attacked?

Contrast that with the open flow of ideas and discussion here and one can see why things are different in the rest of the countries by comparison too.

It is only to be expected given the lack of intellectual maturity. Remember the great ruckus on PDF when a debate and exhibition on Palestine in one university in Pakistan allowed an Israeli stall, just to present the other side of the issue and the it was attacked?

Contrast that with the open flow of ideas and discussion here and one can see why things are different in the rest of the countries by comparison too.

Yeah these words, lack of intellectual immaturity exactly define the attitudes. Not open minded to a single idea and always led by prejudices.

Yeah these words, lack of intellectual immaturity exactly define the attitudes. Not open minded to a single idea and always led by prejudices.
we want to have closed minds... i rather die with a closed mind rather then support zionism.

says the guy who is grown man white white hair talking about panties of underage young girls or is that just a cause of intellectual "maturity"
@Mustang06

things are the same in most of asia and africa.... weather they are pro israel, secular, or what ever they believe...
looking at he countries that are developed it shows you just have to be white to be a developed nation....
and by white i mean invade other countries , steal their resources ect and leave them dirt poor.

Your rants will lead you nowhere. Why don't you man up and help the brown be developed and invade white. Or you just love to complain.

Back
Top Bottom