What's new

Pakistan vs Srilanka on 26th Feb, 2011

By the way sorry to our "Srilankan" friend Glorious Resolve, your team really played very well today.:D

I was feeling so low- after the sri lankan loss :cry:
i really did put all my effort in cheering for sri lanka- I was Sad-

Hey
But then i changed my flag :woot:

We won-- Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Pakistan Zindabad- Pakistan Paindabad-

and guess what :woot:-
Tomorrow i am gona support India :argh:-
Bring it on England-

Thats a big win today. SL was a tough team. Kudos to the Pakistani team, most of the players played well. All most there in the quarters. All the best against other teams, except India. lol ;)

Hey

Bring it on England-

arey yaar agar haar bhi jaatey to bhi quarters mein jana hi tha,aap aisey hi flag badaltey rahey :rofl:

regarding india,try watever u can..........
we dont mind if u put flag of japan in ur profile......:lol:

Razaque should be rested not happy with gull almost lost with what he was bowling

:what: what?? Did i quoted you somewhere in my post?? I just asked that to my fellow Indian member? From where did media and pakistan came in btw dude?? lol...Are you okay ?? lol

well i know you have not quoted me but i also dont know that you either quoted any indian member but well im not pounce on you either to reply you i just replied you but in first place you do not desrved to be replied

Hey

Bring it on England-

u r real lota, plzz put lankan flag back on plzz!!! win or lose u should support the same team

LPC Silva has to be the funniest name around:lol: Congrats Pakistan:dance3:

I think Sri Lankan middle order lost the game for the team, home pressure got big on them and so did Afridi. Pakistan needs to find a better role for Razzak or just drop him for Wahab or Ajmal as per the pitch condition. Good win over all and not to forget the Sri Lankan Lions kept fighting till the end, the tailenders also put up a great fight and had there been one proper batsman at the crease towards the end i think Lankans could have gone through. At last a match to remind us that the world cup has begun.... now tomorow's game should also be something like this.

Not happy

We would have won it quite easily with a very handsome margin but due to poor fielding we dropped so many of chances and at last won by just 11 runs

Thanks to ALLAH who gave us victory after so many of blunders Pakistan team made ,on any other day they would have easily lost due to their poor fielding

But excellent bowling by Akhtar and Afridi .Good to see Akhtar rocking ,now he will INSHALLAH rock the toes of batsman in rest of the games

Its now 7 out of 7 for Pakistan

Sri-Lanka has never won a match in any World cup against Pakistan .both nations played 7 matches in World Cups and Pakistan won all 7 of them

Also this is for the first time in history that Sri-Lanka has been beaten in a World Cup match at their home. So thats some achievement by Pakistan

Interesting thing is Afridi bowling figures are much better when compared to Muralitharan both by economy as well as wickets

Murali 10 overs 35-1
Afridi 10 overs 34-4

I like PommyBangua when he said "Pakistan dropped so many chances but still they won ,this shows how well their bowling was"

Not happy

We would have won it quite easily with a very handsome margin but due to poor fielding we dropped so many of chances and at last won by just 11 runs

Thanks to ALLAH who gave us victory after so many of blunders Pakistan team made ,on any other day they would have easily lost due to their poor fielding

But excellent bowling by Akhtar and Afridi .Good to see Akhtar rocking ,now he will INSHALLAH rock the toes of batsman in rest of the games

first things first. congrats on a historic win at the premadasa. going in SL had won 7 of the last 10 ODI's against us and had become sort of a 'bogeyman' to us.

and before we get too excited and start having delusions of grandeur, a lot of hard work is still required.

our fast bowling is not set - razzaq is not the answer. shoaib is still not fully fit (even though he bowled brilliantly after a long time), he is 'limping' and his right knee is not 100%. U/Gul had a bad game, however he will get better hopefully - now is the time to try out the youngster Junaid and see if he has the 'talent' to spark. try him against canada and zinbabwe to give him confidence. no use sitting on the bench!

even though our 'ground fielding' was good (guys were diving all over the place), our catching and w/keeping was wanting. if we are to progress in the WC, we cannot give teams such reprives (4 in this match). good teams will slaughter you in the knock-out stages.

our openers need to play better esp ahmad shehzad - he is taking too many risks. he is a great talent and needs to be in a 'controlled' mode.

afridi, misbah, younis, kamran (batting & 2 stumpings), shoaib were excellent in the game. the young guns need to 'stand up' and be counted.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom