What's new

Pakistan vs Srilanka on 26th Feb, 2011

first things first. congrats on a historic win at the premadasa. going in SL had won 7 of the last 10 ODI's against us and had become sort of a 'bogeyman' to us.

and before we get too excited and start having delusions of grandeur, a lot of hard work is still required.

our fast bowling is not set - razzaq is not the answer. shoaib is still not fully fit (even though he bowled brilliantly after a long time), he is 'limping' and his right knee is not 100%. U/Gul had a bad game, however he will get better hopefully - now is the time to try out the youngster Junaid and see if he has the 'talent' to spark. try him against canada and zinbabwe to give him confidence. no use sitting on the bench!

even though our 'ground fielding' was good (guys were diving all over the place), our catching and w/keeping was wanting. if we are to progress in the WC, we cannot give teams such reprives (4 in this match). good teams will slaughter you in the knock-out stages.

our openers need to play better esp ahmad shehzad - he is taking too many risks. he is a great talent and needs to be in a 'controlled' mode.

afridi, misbah, younis, kamran (batting & 2 stumpings), shoaib were excellent in the game. the young guns need to 'stand up' and be counted.

Good Luck!

And thats why i said that i m not happy even after we won

But you have to give credit to Shoaib Akhtar and feel for the man that instead of such humidity he bowled his full quota including first 5 overs on the trot and to come up with that delivery which got Mahela was something admiring ,it was really a gem of a delivery to a man who forms the backbone of Sri-Lankan side and also helped Sri-Lanka to win the series last time played by both countries

Umar Gul is/was never a one day bowler for me ,he is over-rated in 50 over cricket due to his t20 performance,no doubt his t-20 performance is excellent but in 50 overs cricket he has been pathetic in last many ODI's if you see the history with the exception of a couple of matches .

I m not at all happy with Kamran Akmal for last many years he is dropping more then what he is catching ,you got to find some other wicket keeper batsman not like his brother Adnan whose batting is not a bench mark or any thing shinning

What was up with the Jaadu tona at the beginning of the match?

Lol I blame that for all the misfielding :D

Konsa? I missed it..

This buddhist monk or some baba ji came in the beginning of the match, put something in the pitch, blew over it, some SL were around, to take in the blessings...

It was pretty odd that ICC allowed such blatant display of religiosity... Lol imagine if some Maulvi sahab had done the dumm of Ayat-ul-Kursi over the pitch before the match.

well i know you have not quoted me but i also dont know that you either quoted any indian member but well im not pounce on you either to reply you i just replied you but in first place you do not desrved to be replied

For first bolded part...You should see the posts of other member before jumping in with nonsense replys..!

For second bolded part...What i deserve or not is none of your bussiness..! From next time check the posts of other people bofore jumping in for reply like kids..! You are Elite member right?? so act like one....

This buddhist monk or some baba ji came in the beginning of the match, put something in the pitch, blew over it, some SL were around, to take in the blessings...

It was pretty odd that ICC allowed such blatant display of religiosity... Lol imagine if some Maulvi sahab had done the dumm of Ayat-ul-Kursi over the pitch before the match.

ohhhh i dint watch that. lolzzz ICC should get its officials' brains checked from doctors.

i wonder if in Final in India they are going to repeat the same tantriks

ohhhh i dint watch that. lolzzz ICC should get its officials' brains checked from doctors.

i wonder if in Final in India they are going to repeat the same tantriks

Oye ji, nahin.
No need for that kind of jadu-tona. In Bangalore, they did it by helicopter; over the whole city by a hawai-tantrik. :devil:

Even the English team cannot escape.

Yeah thats what everyone was wondering, if SL did that, imagine what India would do who really believe in this sort of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom