What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the emotions mainly on the Pakistani side. Both on forums and in reality.
On the forums, and in 'reality', outside of the team, it goes both ways - it isn't just Pakistanis.

On the team side
Shahid Afridi says he will not let Sachin complete his 100th century, Misbah makes a comment
Afridi is Afridi - some players tend to be more vocal and aggressive than others - you'll find quite a few in the other major cricketing nations as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Misbah made a pretty rational comment about the disparity in batting stats between the two teams. What did you want him to say?

'Look at how many more runs the Indian players have scored compared to Pakistan in just this WC alone! Pakistan is doomed!'

so does Imran about some pressure on India.
I remember some non-Pakistani commentators saying much the same during the last two quarter finals. (Chappel for sure I think). It is part of being a cricketing personality - you are asked for opinions, and the more colorful the personality the more colorful the opinion.
I have not seen a single comment from any Indian player. They are cool, we are cool.

Good for the players - nothing to indicate that 'coolness' extends to Indians in general - nothing based on available 'jazba and trashtalking' evident on these forums and elsewhere. I mean, see that 'KHOONKHAR' video above? :lol:
Its a match and may the better team win.

I hope India is that team. If no, let it be any subcontinental team.

Blah, blah, blah.

If you believed a word of that tripe you wouldn't be concocting nonsensical arguments to make Pakistanis look 'more jazbati' while arguing that 'Indians are cool'. :lol:

The analogy of 'leopards and not changing spots' applies pretty well to you. :D

Do you think an Indian defeat of Pakistan in the Semifinals will 'avenge the deeds of the barbaric Muslim invaders of Bharat Maata'? :lol:

AKHTAR! AKHTAR! AKHTAR!

Wahab Riaz is so ordinary. I think he has been given enough time to perform consistently, and he just has not been able to deliver. If fitness allows, Akhtar for sure over Riaz.

I can see the emotions mainly on the Pakistani side. Both on forums and in reality.

Shahid Afridi says he will not let Sachin complete his 100th century, Misbah makes a comment so does Imran about some pressure on India.

I have not seen a single comment from any Indian player. They are cool, we are cool.

its up to you how you see things

I say Pakistanis are confident and are not afraid of speaking to media

Indians are a bit nervous while speaking to the public

( just chill and enjoy the build-up)

WHAT!

You expect Vinod to stop trying to sneak in below the belt attacks against Pakistanis/Pakistan every chance he gets!!!

Only if we roll back time and 'Islam was never brought to South Asia'. :D

Thora josh barhane ke liy Food

Last edited by a moderator:
On the forums, and in 'reality', outside of the team, it goes both ways - it isn't just Pakistanis.

On the team side

Afridi is Afridi - some players tend to be more vocal and aggressive than others - you'll find quite a few in the other major cricketing nations as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Misbah made a pretty rational comment about the disparity in batting stats between the two teams. What did you want him to say?

'Look at how many more runs the Indian players have scored compared to Pakistan in just this WC alone! Pakistan is doomed!'

It is interesting to see the attempts at trying to create psychological pressure on India. Misbah also supposedly said India will be under more pressure.

I remember some non-Pakistani commentators saying much the same during the last two quarter finals. (Chappel for sure I think). It is part of being a cricketing personality - you are asked for opinions, and the more colorful the personality the more colorful the opinion.

OK. Makes sense.

Good for the players - nothing to indicate that 'coolness' extends to Indians in general - nothing based on available 'jazba and trashtalking' evident on these forums and elsewhere. I mean, see that 'KHOONKHAR' video above? :lol:

I didn't see it. Is it posted here?

Blah, blah, blah.

If you believed a word of that tripe you wouldn't be concocting nonsensical arguments to make Pakistanis look 'more jazbati' while arguing that 'Indians are cool'. :lol:

Its my observation. Some seem to want to take out a lot of stuff from this match. I have seen comments like "beating India such that they will remember till kayamat". Sounds like some pretty deep frustration trying to get out from this outlet. ;)

The analogy of 'leopards and not changing spots' applies pretty well to you. :D

I am glad we know each other so well now. :D

Do you think an Indian defeat of Pakistan in the Semifinals will 'avenge the deeds of the barbaric Muslim invaders of Bharat Maata'? :lol:

Well, we survived. You didn't. ;)

You have my support to avenge it.

Shahid Afridi says he will not let Sachin complete his 100th century, Misbah makes a comment so does Imran about some pressure on India.

:rofl::rofl:, only shahid said and its because of media bias for indians

btw look at your media, your ex players r comparing pakistan team to auto rickshaw, iis this cricket team or what :rofl:

Apart from Fight, anyone coming from Pakistan to watch the match in Mohali?

AKHTAR! AKHTAR! AKHTAR!

Wahab Riaz is so ordinary. I think he has been given enough time to perform consistently, and he just has not been able to deliver. If fitness allows, Akhtar for sure over Riaz.

Akhtar was there in 2003 as well. Then people said that Pakistan lost because Sami was not there.

Its not about team selection always. Akhtar is not the force he was in 2003.

Still, let's see what he is able to do there if he gets selected.

AKHTAR! AKHTAR! AKHTAR!

Junaid can also be used as a surprise package!

WHAT!

You expect Vinod to stop trying to sneak in below the belt attacks against Pakistanis/Pakistan every chance he gets!!!

Only if we roll back time and 'Islam was never brought to South Asia'. :D

Well, this thread is not about those invasions. Can we give it a rest?

Or do you want a detailed discussion on that topic. ;)

I think If India will bat first that would be good for Pakistan

Let India post a target and our batsmen chase it. Indian batting is good so let them play first

its up to you how you see things

I say Pakistanis are confident and are not afraid of speaking to media

Indians are a bit nervous while speaking to the public

Agree with the last line.

I would rather see the confidence on the ground.

Akhtar was there in 2003 as well. Then people said that Pakistan lost because Sami was not there.

Its not about team selection always. Akhtar is not the force he was in 2003.

Still, let's see what he is able to do there if he gets selected.

If Indian start eating meat , fast bowlers can be produced Imran Khan lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom