What's new

Pakistan Vs Canada on 3 March 2011

I think UDRS made a case for itself today.

Lol I think ICC made them give so many bad decisions, so that UDRS comes out like a hero.

I think UDRS made a case for itself today.

Lol I think ICC made them give so many bad decisions, so that UDRS comes out like a hero.

:agree: Don't know is it the impact of UDRS or not, but something wrong with the umpires in this WC, specially matured ones. Even if Hawk eye shows it out and UDRS don't favor the bowler than whats the meaning of UDRS?!!!

Lol i never thought game with
canada wil b such nail biting bt
thx to our batting

the two best umpires Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel again impressive other than them no-one impressed me and everyone is making pathetic decisions.Asad Rauf also had good time so far ,also impressed with him

LOL thats how to bowl. Teams like India must socre 370+ to win lol

LOL thats how to bowl. Teams like India must socre 370+ to win lol

Ya thats how to bowl when your batsman bat so well.

184 all out...against 3 time wold cup winners and the biggest contenders for the world cup.................C A N A D A.

canada gave pakistan a real scare...and ireland defeated england..!
we managed a draw against england...
the results have been quite bizzare...
pakistan's performance against SL should give an actual idea about the team's strength...
Pakistan has as much chance of winning the world cup as India has...

I have realized that Pak bowlers have a good following in india...if your team comes to play in india against any team other than india...they'd enjoy crowd support...specially akther...and afridi...

I have realized that Pak bowlers have a good following in india...if your team comes to play in india against any team other than india...they'd enjoy crowd support...specially akther...and afridi...

Exactly, Saeed Anwar 194, Shahid Afrid 102 off 45 balls, young Shoaib Akhtar ducked Sachin in India only. Good you realized!

Yeah, Pakistan plays good against India.

Everyone gets pumped up. Its a good rivalry.

:agree: Don't know is it the impact of UDRS or not, but something wrong with the umpires in this WC, specially matured ones. Even if Hawk eye shows it out and UDRS don't favor the bowler than whats the meaning of UDRS?!!!

There are four main factors to an LBW through UDRS

1. Ball bouncing in line with the stumps
2. Ball making impact with the pads
3. The impact is not too high
4. Hawkeye showing it would hit the wicket.

The last Afridi UDRS that was turned down was also hitting the wickets through Hawkeye, but it didn't bounce in line with the stumps.

You might say lbw should be given regardless, but you need to back to the basics of why the lbw rule exists. It is to deter batsmen from using their pads to block a ball from hitting the wicket. Now if the ball is bouncing outside the line of the stumps and only turning in, then that leaves room for interpretation that they intent to hit ball with the pads was not there.

Which is why you see when the batsmen intentionally pad the ball bouncing outside of the stumps (like in test matches) and if the ball does turn before their padding, the umpires are a lot more open to give that out.

Back
Top Bottom