What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

TB2's induction into PAF and not the PA indicates one thing, they will be used for "Offensive Air-Defence" meaning not just reply solely on medium and long-range SAM systems but to offensively take out enemy's air assets on the ground like it was done in 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh and Libyan war where Turkey was taking out Russian S400 systems on the ground. for COIN related operations, we have enough UAVs to do the job and that is mostly done by the Army, and not PAF UAVs.

TB-2 induction indicates a major doctrinal shift

Its really shameful that we could not able to make a home made drone after being 20 years of fighting against terrorists, we should spent the money on home made drones ,rather then going after multiple platforms from multiple countries

can we lock this thread till some new news comes or sat imagery gets released .
We need these beasts
74A8EC31-E348-483C-9BA6-877F75A72347.jpeg

My attempt at explaining what seems to be happening:
1. I think we shouldn't view UAVs as manned jets in terms of logistic trains. That is, having 10 different fighter types is super expensive but having 10 different UAV types probably isn't very expensive - especially for these smaller S1/S2/Burraq/TB2 types. There is some value in having diverse assets.
2. Pakistan's armed forces are getting their hands on every decent UAV they can to induct them in large numbers. The capability is being built up FAST.
3. Pakistan's armed forces are getting their hands on every decent UAV so that they can learn to use them well by absorbing them into their doctrine.
4. Operating a wide variety of UAVs will make Pakistani armed forces capable of specifying very very good requirements for local/joint/foreign programs (like how our experience with the F16 fed into the JF-17).
5. This is about point 3 but I think most of these foreign UAV buys are for planned use against India and not anti-terror ops as everyone wants them to be.

1. I think we shouldn't view UAVs as manned jets in terms of logistic trains. That is, having 10 different fighter types is super expensive but having 10 different UAV types probably isn't very expensive - especially for these smaller S1/S2/Burraq/TB2 types. There is some value in having diverse assets.
2. Pakistan's armed forces are getting their hands on every decent UAV they can to induct them in large numbers. The capability is being built up FAST.
3. Pakistan's armed forces are getting their hands on every decent UAV so that they can learn to use them well by absorbing them into their doctrine.
4. Operating a wide variety of UAVs will make Pakistani armed forces capable of specifying very very good requirements for local/joint/foreign programs (like how our experience with the F16 fed into the JF-17).
5. This is about point 3 but I think most of these foreign UAV buys are for planned use against India and not anti-terror ops as everyone wants them to be.
very nice post , the effect isnt gonna last here though , imma give you a hour before another High IQ dude shows up with the Do we have WL-2 or Why are we not using drone air strikes bull shit .

Now putting that aside the only thing i see is a shortage of Infrastructure for the larger drones ( CH4 / WL-2 / Anka / PAC UAV / what ever heavy UAVs PN and PA acquire ) , think so we need more dedicated airbases or a big expansion of current ones for drones as the current ones are at full capacity and were never intended to operate large UAVs.

I cannot make any sense of procurement from multiple sources. Do you have any inkling about the rationale. Help appreciated.
A
can u plz analysis the situation why we are going for these many number of UCAVs systems, If I am not wrong including TB-2 we will have 5 different UCAV systems in Operation and if I count PAC MALE Dron and possible induction of TAI ANKA -S then the number of different system reach 7

So a simple and basic question Why these many different UCAVs ... ??

IMHO:

Can someone please tell me why we are not using Mushak's engine in any of our UAVs? @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD
We have speculated that PAC's MALE does indeed use Mushak's engine based on its bhp. But that's really a weak piece of evidence but all that we have.
Can we some combat footage of drone strikes, striking terrorists?
While this footage may be pleasing to most of us on this forum, we have to think about the widespread "hearts and minds" aspect of such a "media move". It's best that no footage is ever released and the tool is used. If there is a widespread outcry against the use of UCAVs then what will we do?
Now putting that aside the only thing i see is a shortage of Infrastructure for the larger drones ( CH4 / WL-2 / Anka / PAC UAV / what ever heavy UAVs PN and PA acquire ) , think so we need more dedicated airbases or a big expansion of current ones for drones as the current ones are at full capacity and were never intended to operate large UAVs.
You had raised this point before and I hadn't given it much attention. But looking at the rapid pace of induction I think you are right. I'm sure infrastructure is on its way. It has to be.

Last edited:
it makes sense ,

PAF
Shahpar 1 / Shahpar 2 ( Light ISR )
TB-2 ( Light Attack )

Anka / Pac UAV ( MALE UAV Light )
WL-2 ( MALE UAV Heavy )

PA

CH4B ( MALE UAV Light )
To be acquired ( MALE UAV Heavy )

PN

CH4B ( MALE UAV Light )
To be acquired ( MALE UAV Heavy )

Joint Branch Service

Burraq ( Light Attack )

Unknown user ( Possibly MOI )

WL-1 ( MALE UAV Light )
Shahpar is Army not PAF.
Shahpar 2 is the PA's new main MALE UCAV.

can u plz analysis the situation why we are going for these many number of UCAVs systems, If I am not wrong including TB-2 we will have 5 different UCAV systems in Operation and if I count PAC MALE Dron and possible induction of TAI ANKA -S then the number of different system reach 7

So a simple and basic question Why these many different UCAVs ... ??
Stinks of corruption and lack of joint planning

Is PAF sending TB-2 into IOK next time when something like Feb 2019 occurs instead of sending in JF-17 and Mirages.
There was a video lurking on PDF showing a PA/PAF UCAV targeting an indian installation near LOC and using Link-17 as primary data link. Was that a clue that UCAVs are the next choice of aerial bombing runs.

Back
Top Bottom