What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) what the crap is going on? Everyone wants their own complete line of UAVs.
AWC: Shahpar and Shahpar-II
NESCOM: Burraq and (now) Anka
PAC: Falco and unnamed MALE
Meanwhile PAF PN PA: CH-4 and WL-2
Either this is some 3 dimensional chess, or everyone's doing their own thing with no regard to the other.
After reading Anadolu Agency, I think this agreement between TAI and NESCOM is to collaborate on the Anka for the sake of the UAV. The two organizations will develop the Anka further and market it to other countries.

It sounds like NESCOM is entering the Anka's overall supply chain, i.e., TAI is outsourcing work to Pakistan. I suspect this may be part of the offsets agreed to under the T129 and MILGEM deals. Basically, future Anka buyers will see that a % of their parts will come from NESCOM.

That said, in 2018, the PN spoke to TAI about the Anka-S. So, NESCOM could market the Anka-S to the PN, while PAC pitches its MALE UAV.

Last edited:
It sounds like NESCOM is entering the Anka's overall supply chain, i.e., TAI is outsourcing work to Pakistan. I suspect this may be part of the offsets agreed to under the T129 and MILGEM deals. Basically, future Anka buyers will see that a % of their parts will come from NESCOM.
I certainly hope so.

After reading Anadolu Agency, I think this agreement between TAI and NESCOM is to collaborate on the Anka for the sake of the UAV. The two organizations will develop the Anka further and market it to other countries.

That said, in 2018, the PN spoke to TAI about the Anka-S. So, NESCOM could market the Anka-S to the PN, while PAC pitches its MALE UAV.

Small question, will NESCOM being under US sanctions hamper their commercial activities? (International market).

Small question, will NESCOM being under US sanctions hamper their commercial activities? (International market).
Yeah, it'd probably nix export potential to NATO countries for sure, but I don't think the other markets would care that much. In fact, at IDEAS 2018, a TAI rep told me that their vision was to get into Central Asia and Southeast Asia, and that they viewed Pakistan as a pretty key piece in the manufacturing, support, and marketing of their products (e.g., Anka, T129, T625, etc) in those countries. I don't think Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, etc will care much about US sanctions.

Yeah, it'd probably nix export potential to NATO countries for sure, but I don't think the other markets would care that much. In fact, at IDEAS 2018, a TAI rep told me that their vision was to get into Central Asia and Southeast Asia, and that they viewed Pakistan as a pretty key piece in the manufacturing, support, and marketing of their products (e.g., Anka, T129, T625, etc) in those countries. I don't think Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, etc will care much about US sanctions.
This gives me hope, we could become a regional partner for Turkish defence industries. They do the R&D and we build it for them (at a lower manufacturing cost).
It'll give them bigger profits, and us, a wider range of weapons to chose from.

I wish we capitalize on this opportunity, and actually make something of it rather than squander it (which IMO would be something unforgivable).
Let's see where this goes.

Wait, so we have reports of CH-4 induction, Ask Indigenous UCAV, Buraq 2 and now Anka as well?
That's a really wide variety. Or maybe I'm reading the news wrong?
What could really be a game changer is if we can get Turkish/Western EO/IR sensors and "transplant" them onto CH-4 or Buraq to reduce operational costs.

… not to forget Wing Loong II! Even if I still wait for a confirmation aka an image.

… not to forget Wing Loong II! Even if I still wait for a confirmation aka an image.
It's possible we'll have get our hands on WL-2s, it'd only be natural for us to get them considering we operate WL-1s.

I'm starting to think the new SATCOM drones (Anka-S? And WL-2) are part of the deals PN signed with Turkey and China respectively.
Considering we haven't set our sights to developing indigenous SATCOM technology let alone drones, and the Navy wanting assets that can communicate easily with their vessels.
Out of all the services, Navy needs SATCOM capabilities the most considering how vast their area of operation is.
It all kinda makes sense now, WL-1s were for operator training and evaluation for all branches, from that PN decided to buy the SATCOM capable WL-2s, Army decided to keep the WL-1s and the Airforce wants to build it's own drone from whatever it learnt from the WL-1s.
The Navy operates Turkish vessels, and so they had to buy Turkish equipment to make interoperability easier, so they're buying the ANKA.

What everyone is forgetting Anka is leagues above what we currently have,It's a true Multi role MALE UAV from ELINT TO COMINT and ground support,It Excells in all areas.Tell me a platform we possess which can do all this,Plus it gives us more leverage on Anka 2 which is a beast on its own.

There is No Offset policy on paper or in contract by Pakistan W.R.T acquisitions being done. PN talked to Bayraktar, TAI and Chinese Drone Manufacturers in 2018, Result was acquisition(in pipeline about to be received ) of a Chinese MALE UCAV. ANKA and TB-2 were dropped due to cost considerations. This particular deal is solely between TAI and NESCOM, Undertaken by NESCOM’s Raza Samar as an own initiative(IMHO it’s one of the best decisions seen lately by any defence institution). Following this NESCOM will pitch ANKA to tri services when the requirement arises per se. Otherwise the brids will be operated/maintained by NESCOM and sent on tasking where required.

There is No Offset policy on paper or in contract by Pakistan W.R.T acquisitions being done. PN talked to Bayraktar, TAI and Chinese Drone Manufacturers in 2018, Result was acquisition(in pipeline about to be received ) of a Chinese MALE UCAV. ANKA and TB-2 were dropped due to cost considerations. This particular deal is solely between TAI and NESCOM, Undertaken by NESCOM’s Raza Samar as an own initiative(IMHO it’s one of the best decisions seen lately by any defence institution). Following this NESCOM will pitch ANKA to tri services when the requirement arises per se. Otherwise the brids will be operated/maintained by NESCOM and sent on tasking where required.
Touche

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) what the crap is going on? Everyone wants their own complete line of UAVs.
AWC: Shahpar and Shahpar-II
NESCOM: Burraq and (now) Anka
PAC: Falco and unnamed MALE
Meanwhile PAF PN PA: CH-4 and WL-2
Either this is some 3 dimensional chess, or everyone's doing their own thing with no regard to the other.
Waste of resources for one, and everyone wants to appear as bringing a solution to the table. Where they cannot make one, they are buying them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom