What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

Which UAV is this? I have kept a truck in picture on top right corner to get idea of a size.

UAV.jpg

Hmm it seems you are correct but don't you think the wings in my pic are bit less wide and longer?
Sir G, you are right the actual wings seems very slim, may be due to reflection. If we pay attention to the shadow on ground, it is very appropriate to CN-235.

I think PAF has CH-5 but they are keeping it as secret.

Even PN needs a cover of CH-5 like UCAVs over Arabian sea.

I think if PAC starts it's modified local production then it can be a good bet.

The Jordan Armed Forces /Royal Jordanian Air Force HQ is going to sell the 6x CH-4B ucav
i think we need to get these uav for airforce

i think pakistan army convoys in Baluchistan use these drones for protection

Posting the following video of Falco Xplorer UAV by Leaonardo just to keep the member informed about the new development of Leaonardo's Flaco family of UAVs, to over excited and enthusiast members of the forum plz don't take it as suggestion or start discussing it as Option

Pakistan Operate basic version of Falco UAV

Posting the following video of Falco Xplorer UAV by Leaonardo just to keep the member informed about the new development of Leaonardo's Flaco family of UAVs, to over excited and enthusiast members of the forum plz don't take it as suggestion or start discussing it as Option

Pakistan Operate basic version of Falco UAV
I'd look at it another way... Leonardo knows full well that the PAF and PN have MALE UAV requirements, and the latter is (or at least was by IDEAS 2018) speaking to Turkish Aerospace for the Anka. The OEM is investing in its export-oriented UAV line because it believes there's still a market out there, and that includes not just Pakistan, but KSA, UAE, Egypt, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

I'd look at it another way... Leonardo knows full well that the PAF and PN have MALE UAV requirements, and the latter is (or at least was by IDEAS 2018) speaking to Turkish Aerospace for the Anka. The OEM is investing in its export-oriented UAV line because it believes there's still a market out there, and that includes not just Pakistan, but KSA, UAE, Egypt, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.
Sir what is the status of our Buraq UCAV..??

Sir what is the status of our Buraq UCAV..??
tbh I only know of the public stuff. At IDEAS 2018, GIDS was given permission to market the Burraq UCAV for export along with the Shahpar, but I'm not sure what came of it. The PAF was supposed to be backing a new homegrown MALE UAV project under Project Azm, but again, I'm not sure where that's at. But the market -- esp. China, Italy, and Turkey -- are stepping up their MALE UAV marketing/promotion efforts.

That said, the hour of UAVs was in the last decade during peak COIN/CT, and at that time the Falco and (later) Burraq delivered. Now, the emphasis might be on endurance and range so as to build-out ISR, especially at sea and along the Pak-Afg/Iran borders.

In this respect, I can see the PAF and PN opting to skip CH-4/Anka/Xplorer-class drones and push for a more MQ-9 Reaper or CH-5-class drone. Unfortunately, the MTCR prohibits the sale of such drones, so the only sure-fire course is to develop a local solution. So, if not shelved, an optimistic reading of Project Azm would be the pursuit of a Reaper-class drone.

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Check if the popup has been shown before if (!localStorage.getItem('youtubePopupShown')) { // Replace YOUR_VIDEO_ID with your actual YouTube video ID var youtubeURL = 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WM3ujhvJ4'; // Open the YouTube video in a new popup window var width = 560; var height = 315; var left = (screen.width / 2) - (width / 2); var top = (screen.height / 2) - (height / 2); window.open(youtubeURL, 'YouTubeVideo', `width=${width},height=${height},top=${top},left=${left}`); // Set the flag in localStorage to indicate the popup has been shown localStorage.setItem('youtubePopupShown', 'true'); } });
Back
Top Bottom