What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

Same weapon was being marketed by the OEM at Chinese pavilion. Could have caused some IPR issue i believe.
Hmmm,, that makes sense. Since the Chinese company will want to display it as there product so PAC we had to change it. But why mentioned GIDS (as done by AW in his tweet, isnt this from NESCOM)

I will see if i can mention this to AW and perhaps he can explain it further.

Hmmm,, that makes sense. Since the Chinese company will want to display it as there product so PAC we had to change it. But why mentioned GIDS (as done by AW in his tweet, isnt this from NESCOM)

The system is transferred to GIDS. NESCOM will focus on WL-II.

OEM
And IPR abbreviation??

OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer

IPR - Intellectual Property Rights

GIDS is in essence NESCOM.

I understand that with WL-II coming in they will be our primary UCAV but why should the weapons be taken off from Burraq? You are marketing it at an expo and wont want to take off those missiles unless it actually cannot support them at all.
Frankly, a UCAV of size of CH3 is of very limited potential. Its already limited loiter time, altitude and range reduce further by big margin when it carries on board weapon systems.
Burraq was developed from CH3 in an attempt to ensure learning related to operational utility of combat drones in asymmetric environment. Its strike missions during day and night times were more like test missions in real battlefield. We have gained precious experience from Burraq development, operational deployments and utility.
Now, since we are moving forward with bigger and more capable UCAVs, I guess its better to use Burraq for role which suits it better. i.e battlefield recon.
Role of unmanned systems in PAF is going to enlarge and we will procure Chinese and domestic options for full filling those roles more efficiently.
Surprisingly, Navy is more inclined towards Turkish unmanned systems.

Frankly, a UCAV of size of CH3 is of very limited potential. Its already limited loiter time, altitude and range reduce further by big margin when it carries on board weapon systems.
Burraq was developed from CH3 in an attempt to ensure learning related to operational utility of combat drones in asymmetric environment. Its strike missions during day and night times were more like test missions in real battlefield. We have gained precious experience from Burraq development, operational deployments and utility.
Now, since we are moving forward with bigger and more capable UCAVs, I guess its better to use Burraq for role which suits it better. i.e battlefield recon.
Role of unmanned systems in PAF is going to enlarge and we will procure Chinese and domestic options for full filling those roles more efficiently.
Surprisingly, Navy is more inclined towards Turkish unmanned systems.
Still bro when you are trying to sell a weapon system you do dispaly its full potential. Wheather it is suited for carrying weapons or not, IF it can carry it have to be announced. There might be customers looking for that limited capability. The only thing that makes sense is what @Dazzler said, same system being marketed at Chinese stands as well so we just changed it at our end and will export as a recon UAV.

Still bro when you are trying to sell a weapon system you do dispaly its full potential. Wheather it is suited for carrying weapons or not, IF it can carry it have to be announced. There might be customers looking for that limited capability. The only thing that makes sense is what @Dazzler said, same system being marketed at Chinese stands as well so we just changed it at our end and will export as a recon UAV.
Well, our people did three strange things.
1: They didn't allow our Mi35 to reach IDEAS for static display at stall of Russian Helicopter. Russians were pissed.
2: They didn't allow static display of Pakistan next generation MBT. Its arrival was cancelled at last moment.
3: And this hasty removal of Missile thing from Burraq marketing display.

The only thing that makes sense is what @Dazzler said, same system being marketed at Chinese stands as well so we just changed it at our end and will export as a recon UAV.
Make sense.

1: They didn't allow our Mi35 to reach IDEAS for static display at stall of Russian Helicopter. Russians were pissed.
2: They didn't allow static display of Pakistan next generation MBT. Its arrival was cancelled at last moment.
MBT........not the rjght time to show it to the world...I guess

I noticed this too. While there were some good new systems on display, some others that could nad should have been there were missing for some strange reasons. Should really take the organizational skills up a notch next year.

Should have added BARQ missile on under the wings

Burraq-03.png

News and Updates from #IDEAS2018 Ukraine gave an order of 6 current UAV Shahpar but Pakistan airforce refused because Pakistan is giving priority to full-fill local needs.

Back
Top Bottom