What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan, which has for much of the past decade has sought to acquire unmanned aerial vehicles (UCAV), a platform used by the US in Pakistan despite numerous protests by the government, has started export of drone parts.
On Monday, officials at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra handed over the first batch of parts created for the Turkish UAV (ANKA) to the Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI) in a ceremony held during the International Defence Exhibition and Fair (IDEF) at Istanbul, Turkey.
After the signing ceremony, President and CEO of TAI Muharrem Dortkasli expressed his satisfaction on the skill and knowledge possessed by PAC, Kamra for undertaking such assignments.
Dortkasli expressed that many more collaborations would be undertaken in the future as well.
Pakistan has been seeking access to drones and has experimented in indigenously constructing drones.

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...r2WDuPo3lQnSX_WMb8A3QSQ&bvm=bv.46471029,d.aWM

What exactly did we produce? plus does this mean we will see ANKA in service?

So it means PAC is a bit ahead with TAI. I think that as PAC is looking to expand it is opening a newer and INSHA ALLAH more technological advance facility in SINDH they should be handed over the PEC(Precision Engineering Complex, Karachi) which is still working under PIA and I think if its being handed over to PAC then they will going to expand its facility and will make 100% use of it develop ultra advance equipment. INSHA ALLAH

I think any one of you can spread this voice to those who can do something. INSHA ALLAH.

Sharp Sword

The 001 prototype of Sharp Sword UCAV is shown here taxiing at the Hongdu airfield. It was reported that 601 and Hongdu have been working on a long-range stealth UCAV similar to American X-47B and French Neuron. A scale model was publicized in September 2011 revealing an X-47B style tailless flying wing and a dorsal air intake configuration, in an effort to minimize RCS and reduce IR emission. The UCAV also features a SATCOM datalink antenna located aft the dorsal air intake. Its length is around 10m and wingspan is around 14m. As a UCAV, Sharp Sword is expected to carry at least two GPS/Beidou guided bombs inside an internal bomb bay. The first prototype was built by the end of 2012. First high speed taxiing took place on January 26, 2013, powered likely by an RD-93 turbofan engine without A/B. First flight is expected in spring 2013. However currently the engine nozzle appears to be unshielded, which leaves some room for future improvement.

- Last updated 5/14/13

should interest PAF.

The tech may interest the PAF, but I doubt that China would allow Pakistan to see what's inside that thing, let alone give one to Pakistan. Pakistan and China may have a close relationship, but China will never allow another nation to look at it's military secrets.

The tech may interest the PAF, but I doubt that China would allow Pakistan to see what's inside that thing, let alone give one to Pakistan. Pakistan and China may have a close relationship, but China will never allow another nation to look at it's military secrets.

I asume that this is all personal opinion? There are several cases where Pak provided China latest tech... But then again. Why should I provide details...

I asume that this is all personal opinion? There are several cases where Pak provided China latest tech... But then again. Why should I provide details...

Of course, as this is my personal opinion, I could completely be wrong.

I way I see it, the only way for Pakistan to get it's hands on this tech is if China makes something better.

oh okay..!

"There are some indications China may already be exporting know-how to Pakistan, given design similarities between Chinese drones and Pakistan's Shahpar UAV," said Huw Williams, an expert on drones at Jane's Defence Weekly

oh okay..!

"There are some indications China may already be exporting know-how to Pakistan, given design similarities between Chinese drones and Pakistan's Shahpar UAV," said Huw Williams, an expert on drones at Jane's Defence Weekly

Yes, but the Shahpur is based on older Chinese drones, more specifically, it's based on the CH-3. Do you honestly think that China would hand over it's military secrets to Pakistan, such as the Lijian? I don't think so.

China is a strong ally, but they've not stupid. They know that the Pakistani government can't be trusted to keep it's secrets, only the Pakistani military can, and now with the shift in power between the civilian gov and military, they're going to start worrying about the military too.

Yes, but the Shahpur is based on older Chinese drones, more specifically, it's based on the CH-3. Do you honestly think that China would hand over it's military secrets to Pakistan, such as the Lijian? I don't think so.

China is a strong ally, but they've not stupid. They know that the Pakistani government can't be trusted to keep it's secrets, only the Pakistani military can, and now with the shift in power between the civilian gov and military, they're going to start worrying about the military too.

Yar, we don't know what will or will not happen but if one is to go by history then the Chinese have always offered Pakistan the best they have had. Take the J-10 for example. We were shown that aircraft inside out, then offered and allowed to tinker with at a time when the world didn't know it existed, at least not officially (the Chinese were pretty anal about that bird). Then there's the nuke and missile tech, the subs, the frigates, etc, etc. For better or for worse, the Pak-China relationship has gone beyond politics and diplomacy for quite some time now.

ps: The Pakistani government has always kept their secrets. The one thing Pakistan hasn't compromised for the US is China, that too after quite a bit of American coaxing. Minus this Zardari stint, we've had more than friendly relations with the Chinese.

Yar, we don't know what will or will not happen but if one is to go by history then the Chinese have always offered Pakistan the best they have had. Take the J-10 for example. We were shown that aircraft inside out, then offered and allowed to tinker with at a time when the world didn't know it existed, at least not officially (the Chinese were pretty anal about that bird). Then there's the nuke and missile tech, the subs, the frigates, etc, etc. For better or for worse, the Pak-China relationship has gone beyond politics and diplomacy for quite some time now.

ps: The Pakistani government has always kept their secrets. The one thing Pakistan hasn't compromised for the US is China, that too after quite a bit of American coaxing. Minus this Zardari stint, we've had more than friendly relations with the Chinese.

I think there is a misunderstanding from both the Chinese side and Pakistani side about the relationship between the two nations. When China talks about strong relationship with Pakistan and the unbreakable bond between the two nations, they really only mean Pakistan's military. The Chinese know who they have to talk to and who is going to keep guard over China's interests in Pakistan, and it certainly isn't going to be any civilian government.

This might change though, as the civilian gov in Pakistan finally starting to exert it's control over the military (slowly, but it's happening.).

falco uav in paris
falco-evo.jpg

Falco EVO (Evolution) from Selex ES is aimed at expanding the spectrum of tactical missions the Falco unmanned air system can carry out.

falco uav in paris
falco-evo.jpg

Falco EVO (Evolution) from Selex ES is aimed at expanding the spectrum of tactical missions the Falco unmanned air system can carry out.

The drone is not technically Pakistani, even though it was influenced heavily by Pakistani needs. The drone is Italian, and the EVO has little to do with Pakistan, as it was probably funded and researched by the company itself, instead of having military input like the original. Selex ES probably got enough sale-orders of the drone to justify a larger and more enhanced version.

Falco seems to be quite popular among militaries around the world, no doubt because of the heavy input the PA gave Selex on what is needed in a military surveillance drone to be useful.

An-209 tactical UAV
001aa0c32d2e132e47b60d.jpg

many countries are interested in it
why pakistan is not?
001aa0c32d2e132e47ef14.jpg

An-209 tactical UAV

why pakistan is not?
001aa0c32d2e132e47ef14.jpg

Multiple reasons, one is that Pakistan already has multiple tactical UAVs that it produces indigenously and with any luck, it'll be able to get the Falco-EVO in a MALE role too.

What Pakistan is interested in are armed drones.

An-209 tactical UAV

why pakistan is not?

Pak military is still doing experiments with some local systems and Chinese UAVs. Unlike other militaries we still haven't started looking out for any serious procurement; the reason could be(just a thought!) that Pakistani military has yet not refined their needs and war doctrines with role of UAV/UCAV in CAS/CoIN ops.
Having said that, it does not mean doctrines/ASRs will remain with limited UAV capability. This need for UAV/UCAV is growing globally and same shall be done in Pakistan. The process of refinement in doctrines is still going on, requirements are placed on bigger canvas and when either Chinese or local UAV/UCAV system matures to meet those required specifications it shall be procured.

Back
Top Bottom